Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)

very good idea scott, will try that
Old 02-04-2008, 03:29 AM   #1187
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetMD View Post
You want a smaller gap between the shoes and the housing. Look here: http://www.nitrokb.com/mtx4/pdf/mtx4...adjustment.pdf
Follow those instructions and you'll have no problem. And thrust bearings blow, it's not related. You need to oil it after (or before) every run.
thanks jetmd your a ledgend

HB Cyclone, powered by Komodo dragon 19T, run by LRP, Directed by JR, driven by Remo Siciliano....
RC=Realy_Costly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 11:00 AM   #1188
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

I like urethane(sp?) front and rear with rubber side. I have found, and read from others, the rubber kind of gums up the pulleys and the front and rear aren't THAT easy to change
JayL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 09:35 PM   #1189
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

anyone notice any wear on the pinion gears of your 4s?

i think that has lead to the gear stripping issue that came back at the end of my season.
gentleman81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 09:42 PM   #1190
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gentleman81 View Post
anyone notice any wear on the pinion gears of your 4s?

i think that has lead to the gear stripping issue that came back at the end of my season.
Yes Its was mentioned awhile back that steel pinions are the go
they seem to last a lot longer especially on car park type tracks
chippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 10:04 PM   #1191
Tech Master

thanks!
gentleman81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 10:33 PM   #1192
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

I have a problem with my MTX4R leaning and richening over the course of the lap (always in the same place on the lap). This has happened with 2 different engines so I figure it must be something car related. Thinking it was G force related I have tried running the fuel line direct to the engine (between the air filter and heat sink) and around the air filter near the brake but neither seem to help. I'm starting to think my tank might have a small air leak. I'm also going to try running the pressure chamber.

Has anyone else has had this happen?

Also I've heard you can remove the regulator from under the fuel cap and this increases run time but I cant see how you get it out without taking the cap seal with you. Any advice?
Old 02-07-2008, 08:24 AM   #1193
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigM View Post
I have a problem with my MTX4R leaning and richening over the course of the lap (always in the same place on the lap). This has happened with 2 different engines so I figure it must be something car related. Thinking it was G force related I have tried running the fuel line direct to the engine (between the air filter and heat sink) and around the air filter near the brake but neither seem to help. I'm starting to think my tank might have a small air leak. I'm also going to try running the pressure chamber.

Has anyone else has had this happen?

Also I've heard you can remove the regulator from under the fuel cap and this increases run time but I cant see how you get it out without taking the cap seal with you. Any advice?

I've never had this problem but have you checked your radio or servo. You think it is a lean bog but it could be your servo going back to neutral on that certain spot. If the bog does have something to do with tuning and airleaks just go and replace the whole tank.
Old 02-07-2008, 04:25 PM   #1194
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francis M. View Post
I've never had this problem but have you checked your radio or servo. You think it is a lean bog but it could be your servo going back to neutral on that certain spot. If the bog does have something to do with tuning and airleaks just go and replace the whole tank.
it's not lean bog, it visibly leans and richens in the same spots lap after lap so it must be pressure related. Will try the new tank, I've always been a bit suspicious of it
Old 02-08-2008, 01:43 PM   #1195
Tech Apprentice

Default MTX4

I have my MTX4 when I go out of corners it is a bit lose from the rear, left hand side?

Any help??

Joe
Old 02-08-2008, 02:34 PM   #1196
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Tanto View Post
I have my MTX4 when I go out of corners it is a bit lose from the rear, left hand side?

Any help??

Joe
Check your tweak on the car. you can also run the rear arms lower and that should give you a little bit more rear traction.
Old 02-10-2008, 01:10 PM   #1197
Tag
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

hi all, i have been out of RC scene for a while i guess i need to get some updates on the new mtx-4r , i currently have a mtx-4 and can someone let me know what parts do i need to bring my mtx-4 to the R spec ? thanks
Tag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 02:23 PM   #1198
Tech Adept

To convert a 4 to 4R you need new front uprights, front lower arms (or shave some off the original ones where the steering link mounts of new uprights will "meet" the lower arm) and rear upper link mount. That's all for handling & geometry change. Then you might want the cosmetic bits, new front spool/oneway and universals if you don't have them already.
olev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 01:36 PM   #1199
Tech Rookie

Default no problems yet

last sunday was the very first day i drove my mtx4r around the track and today it went very and very fast, no problems with the 2 speed spur gear, it just went great.
does anyone have tips for maintanance for me? when i start i lube the thrust bearing whith a light oil and when i'm finished i use after run oil and i clean the car with compressed air and a brush, thanks in advance for your answer,
but what a great car!

dirk
oskamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 06:00 PM   #1200
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by oskamp View Post
last sunday was the very first day i drove my mtx4r around the track and today it went very and very fast, no problems with the 2 speed spur gear, it just went great.
does anyone have tips for maintanance for me? when i start i lube the thrust bearing whith a light oil and when i'm finished i use after run oil and i clean the car with compressed air and a brush, thanks in advance for your answer,
but what a great car!

dirk
you're better off using a thick grease for the thrust like the white grease that came with the kit. Light oil will run straight out the first time it spins. Other than lubing the thrust I do almost no maitenence on my R apart from keeping it clean, but it will depend on how dirty the track you race on gets