R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 10-10-2007, 12:22 PM   #631
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Riketsu

I recall someone in the past posting hopups and how much grams they saved with each hopup... Problem is, I cannot find it... Can someone point me to it or tell me what hopups/mods do I need to put my car on a diet?
Riketsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 05:30 PM   #632
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

pretty sure that post was in the mtx-3 thread
JayL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 05:40 PM   #633
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by chookgb View Post
for low to medium traction between 10000wt and 30000wt, for medium to high traction 30000wt to 50000wt
30000-50000 thats my diff setup
50000 in the rear.
wallyedmonds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 05:48 PM   #634
Tech Initiate

I picked up a 3Racing one piece engine mount before hearing about the problems with their products. How's their engine mount? Any issues?

Thanks
jj_spike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 06:13 PM   #635
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I have it, been running it all year with no issues. But i'm sure someone on here will tell you it sucks.

MINO Racing
JetMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 01:27 AM   #636
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigM View Post

hey Tom do you use 10k oil in your rear diff? Jay said i should put 30k in?

up to you. i use 10K but i also adjust the rear arms of the car to give me more steering (pro squat, angled forward) 30k the car will have less turn in, and it may infact not be as good. stick to 10k dude. i think 30k for a clubby is actually too much, you would only go to 30k during a state titles i recon. the lighter rear diff oil is better for a solid, as the solid does not have the turn in of a oneway, so the lighter oil assists in improving turn in also.
TomB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 04:33 AM   #637
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Riketsu

Well... My experience has been... The lighter the oil on the rear... Less steering I have, but more grip when coming out of a corner full throttle. Im currently running 100k front, 20k rear. But last race had a couple problems with coming out of the corner so Im going to try 10k rear.
Riketsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 09:14 AM   #638
Tech Rookie

Send a message via MSN to Bobear Send a message via Yahoo to Bobear

Sup peeps!?!

Just got my -4R set last Friday. Opened it up and got found Kit Bag N missing... So after screaming WTF!!! and all that good stuff. (also found out at 8CST so Mugen was closed already... So Monday came around they sent my bag in and its due to get here today. So kept building what I could and bla bla. Get to putting motor with clutch and stuff on. And my !#$%ING clutch bell is missing... Found this out Tues night...

Any of you have this happen to? I've heard they having issues with some belts and the tension bearing not fitting clutchbell. Could this be why they took my parts out?
Bobear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 09:30 AM   #639
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobear View Post
Sup peeps!?!

Just got my -4R set last Friday. Opened it up and got found Kit Bag N missing... So after screaming WTF!!! and all that good stuff. (also found out at 8CST so Mugen was closed already... So Monday came around they sent my bag in and its due to get here today. So kept building what I could and bla bla. Get to putting motor with clutch and stuff on. And my !#$%ING clutch bell is missing... Found this out Tues night...

Any of you have this happen to? I've heard they having issues with some belts and the tension bearing not fitting clutchbell. Could this be why they took my parts out?
Bobear It was just a packing mistake on our part. It had nothing to do with what your heard we are not having any problems with belts or bearings not fitting
Mugen Seiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 09:35 AM   #640
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to masa227 Send a message via Yahoo to masa227

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobear View Post
Sup peeps!?!

It sounds like they sent your parts out what are you bitching about? people do make mistakes.
masa227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 09:40 AM   #641
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to masa227 Send a message via Yahoo to masa227

the clutch bell comes in the N bag
masa227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 09:40 AM   #642
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by masa227 View Post
It sounds like they sent your parts out what are you bitching about? people do make mistakes.
Guess have to call them up for the clutch bell also. I was bitching... but Mugen is being pimp by right away jumping on the issue. Just wanted to see if it was a specific issue why these parts missing. or like you said, Just a shipping mistake. But a whole bag and another part from another bag missing...
Old 10-11-2007, 09:44 AM   #643
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by masa227 View Post
the clutch bell comes in the N bag
AHHHHHHHH sweet!!!!!!!! In book says it comes in another bag not N. You just made my day!!!!!! swwwwwwwwweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeettttttttttttt!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!
Old 10-11-2007, 10:57 AM   #644
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by jj_spike View Post
I picked up a 3Racing one piece engine mount before hearing about the problems with their products. How's their engine mount? Any issues?

Thanks
there is a pic a few pages back of a broken one, and my buddies broke as well..we kept wondering why he started eating spurs
JayL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 08:54 PM   #645
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugen Seiki View Post
Bobear It was just a packing mistake on our part. It had nothing to do with what your heard we are not having any problems with belts or bearings not fitting
Funny... I posted the other day that I was missing a number of screws. My LHS provided me with replacements however the guy stated that I lost them. This does not a good to a guy just waiting to spend another 2 or 3 thousand on a second car, engine, radio and accessories. To make matters worse, I just found out tonight that I am missing more screws! I found others in different bags however I will be short as I progress with the build. I really do not want to go back to the LHS time after time and have the guy think I am an idiot.

Looks like there may be some QC issues when these things are packed. At the least, Mugen should supply a half-set of the coutner-sunk hex screws. I generally do not whine but you would think that this would not happen with a $500 model car kit.

Does this happen with Serpent or XRAY??

Regards,

JJ
jj_spike is offline   Reply With Quote