R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-18-2007, 04:02 PM   #466
Tech Elite
 
BlackedOutREVO's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: CA
Posts: 3,791
Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayL View Post
Buy the Mugen at your local track so they can stay in business.....

yep +1 offset , hard to find tires like that though...
Im just seeing prices

Then I will get my nice low price for being a racer that goes there alot... I race electric.... Just making sure theres nothing to crazy low in price though
__________________
R1 Wurks/Awesomatix USA/Roche USA/Protoform/Solaris/Mo Speed/Speedworld Raceway
BlackedOutREVO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 04:26 PM   #467
Tech Elite
 
rmdhawaii's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 3,804
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackedOutREVO View Post
Im just seeing prices

Then I will get my nice low price for being a racer that goes there alot... I race electric.... Just making sure theres nothing to crazy low in price though
Cheapest would be Japan (~ $367), but the shipping would probably get you pretty close to what you would pay online.
__________________
Nitro Knowledge Base: http://nitrokb.netne.net
My YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/nitrokb -> Lots of on-road nitro & eletric action + some off-road as well
My Flickr Photostream: http://www.flickr.com/photos/nitrokb/
Kyosho V-ONE RRR WC (x2) \ XRAY T2'007 \ Also owned: XRAY NT1 & Mugen MTX-4
rmdhawaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 05:02 PM   #468
Tech Elite
 
JayL's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Ca
Posts: 2,880
Default

If you go too low, you might as well buy it online as the shop doesn't make any $$
JayL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 05:16 PM   #469
Tech Elite
 
BlackedOutREVO's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: CA
Posts: 3,791
Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayL View Post
If you go too low, you might as well buy it online as the shop doesn't make any $$
Not that low...

But if it was really cheap online I would

I can get it cheap though!
__________________
R1 Wurks/Awesomatix USA/Roche USA/Protoform/Solaris/Mo Speed/Speedworld Raceway
BlackedOutREVO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 09:06 AM   #470
Tech Master
 
spenzalii's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Upper Marlboro, MD
Posts: 1,424
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to spenzalii
Default

Gentlemen,
I'm in the market for a new car during the off season. The Mugen is in the running. I've searched thru most of the thread. Good info. Read a whole lot on rmdhawai's site as well. A few questions/opinions, though:

- Pulleys and diff cases. Are the aluminum ones really not worth it? When I had my first nitro waaaay back (I don't even want to say which one), belts and pulleys were a problem. Would it just be easier to keep some spares in the pit box?

- HopUps. Which are absolutely necesssary and which are optional or not even worth it? I've considered the upper arm mounts, front sway bar mounts, brake arm, and rear blade sway bar, at the very least (assuming the pulleys aren't worth the time or money)

- Chassis. What is the verdict on the 4mm chassis? Worth it? Necessary? Depends on your track? And which monoblock engine mounts would work with which 4mm chassis?

- Shock Towers. DO they even make a 4mm tower? I think I've found 3mm front and rear, but not sure I've seen 4 (but it was mentioned somewhere in the thread)

- Bearings. Are most people running the stock bearings or swapped them for ceramics?

That's all I can think of for now.
spenzalii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 09:22 AM   #471
Tech Elite
 
YBSLOW's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: ARIZONA
Posts: 2,368
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

www.YBslowinc.com will have a new exhaust side chassis brace for the MTX4 available next week sometime. I will post pictures later.

This will greatly reduce stripping spur gears due to not allowing the chassis to twist or flex even during a hard impact.
__________________
YBSLOW Racing
RC Target - Capricorn
HOTRACE Tyres, Tru Source, Fantom
POWER MASTER Fuel, 2mm Designs
Protoform Bodies, Avid Bearings, AMR Engines
YBSLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 11:34 AM   #472
Tech Elite
 
lil-bump's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: The Cold Great Lakes
Posts: 2,964
Trader Rating: 83 (100%+)
Default

Waiting to see this new brace...
lil-bump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 04:29 PM   #473
Tech Elite
 
BlackedOutREVO's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: CA
Posts: 3,791
Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)
Default

How simple is it to strip 2nd gear?

Are we talking a bit hit that breaks part, or a wall tap???

I have heard alot of stripping 2nd gear reading the threads around here
__________________
R1 Wurks/Awesomatix USA/Roche USA/Protoform/Solaris/Mo Speed/Speedworld Raceway
BlackedOutREVO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 04:43 PM   #474
Tech Elite
 
wallyedmonds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Brampton ont canada
Posts: 3,662
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackedOutREVO View Post
How simple is it to strip 2nd gear?

Are we talking a bit hit that breaks part, or a wall tap???

I have heard alot of stripping 2nd gear reading the threads around here
a big hit and iv seen that most cars do this,it would be nice to see this brace i may get one for fun.
wallyedmonds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 04:54 PM   #475
Tech Elite
 
wallyedmonds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Brampton ont canada
Posts: 3,662
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by spenzalii View Post
Gentlemen,
I'm in the market for a new car during the off season. The Mugen is in the running. I've searched thru most of the thread. Good info. Read a whole lot on rmdhawai's site as well. A few questions/opinions, though:

- Pulleys and diff cases. Are the aluminum ones really not worth it? When I had my first nitro waaaay back (I don't even want to say which one), belts and pulleys were a problem. Would it just be easier to keep some spares in the pit box?

- HopUps. Which are absolutely necesssary and which are optional or not even worth it? I've considered the upper arm mounts, front sway bar mounts, brake arm, and rear blade sway bar, at the very least (assuming the pulleys aren't worth the time or money)

- Chassis. What is the verdict on the 4mm chassis? Worth it? Necessary? Depends on your track? And which monoblock engine mounts would work with which 4mm chassis?

- Shock Towers. DO they even make a 4mm tower? I think I've found 3mm front and rear, but not sure I've seen 4 (but it was mentioned somewhere in the thread)

- Bearings. Are most people running the stock bearings or swapped them for ceramics?

That's all I can think of for now.
stay with stock pulleys and diff cases
hop ups what you said thats all i have i do have cvd's
4mm chassis is a must for me and others where we run the car just works better.
shock towers yes the 4mm rear one is much better and it wont break as easy and keeps the body from moving.
stock bearings ceramics cost to much but may make the drive more free i wont do it
if your thinking lipo batt for the rx i did not like how the car handled but thats just me.
the new 2 and the B front knuckles are nice and the new lower arms
rubber belts are nice too.
wallyedmonds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 06:07 PM   #476
Tech Elite
 
YBSLOW's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: ARIZONA
Posts: 2,368
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default chassis brace

Sneak peak of proto-type brace from www.ybslowinc.com
There will be more pics and bigger pics on the website later and this brace along with a matching gearside brace will be available towards the end of next week.
Attached Thumbnails
Mugen MTX-4R-mtx4chassis-brace-web.jpg  
__________________
YBSLOW Racing
RC Target - Capricorn
HOTRACE Tyres, Tru Source, Fantom
POWER MASTER Fuel, 2mm Designs
Protoform Bodies, Avid Bearings, AMR Engines

Last edited by YBSLOW; 09-19-2007 at 06:22 PM.
YBSLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 07:30 PM   #477
Tech Elite
 
YBSLOW's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: ARIZONA
Posts: 2,368
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default brace yo-self!

1 more pic of both braces with motor not installed.
Attached Thumbnails
Mugen MTX-4R-mtx4chassis-brace-no-motor-web.jpg  
__________________
YBSLOW Racing
RC Target - Capricorn
HOTRACE Tyres, Tru Source, Fantom
POWER MASTER Fuel, 2mm Designs
Protoform Bodies, Avid Bearings, AMR Engines
YBSLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 08:42 PM   #478
Tech Elite
 
wallyedmonds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Brampton ont canada
Posts: 3,662
Default

looks like it would work
i was thinking the same thing but im lazy on making stuff like that.
wallyedmonds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 09:00 PM   #479
Tech Elite
 
BlackedOutREVO's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: CA
Posts: 3,791
Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallyedmonds View Post
a big hit and iv seen that most cars do this,it would be nice to see this brace i may get one for fun.
I guess I wshould try it stock first ah?

And get cvd's? Doesnt the MTX-4R come with cvd's?
__________________
R1 Wurks/Awesomatix USA/Roche USA/Protoform/Solaris/Mo Speed/Speedworld Raceway
BlackedOutREVO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 09:05 PM   #480
Tech Elite
 
wallyedmonds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Brampton ont canada
Posts: 3,662
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackedOutREVO View Post
I guess I wshould try it stock first ah?

And get cvd's? Doesnt the MTX-4R come with cvd's?
the r comes with cv's
and the r car comes with tie pillow balls and alm hex's for the wheels.
i got the mtx 4 and i had to use the balls and hex's from my mtx-2 ya there that old and still good.
wallyedmonds is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
MUGEN MBX5R/MUGEN MBX5T PROSPEC/TRAXXAS RACE REVO Jason Halvorson R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 14 01-12-2008 10:32 AM
Mugen 5T Chassis, Mugen 46 Tooth Pinion, Associated Ride Height Gauge bretzkej R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 1 08-19-2007 06:31 PM
USA's Most Wanted FOR SALE Mugen MBX5R,Losi 8 comp, and Mugen MBX5T Prospec Truggy nobike R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 69 04-28-2007 07:45 PM
Another MTX3 prospec w lots of parts and an optional Mugen X12 w Mugen pipe Scott Fisher R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 11 11-21-2005 05:45 PM
drake xxx nt and mugen mst-1+extras......Looking for a kanai 2 or maybe mugen buggy [email protected] R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 5 06-30-2003 09:31 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 01:49 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net