R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 08-27-2007, 02:47 AM   #361
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default new car

Big smiles after finally upgrading from my mtx-3 prospecs. Taking out the final on it's first apperance has no doudt it a much better car esp steering wise.
My question: Is there a big difference changing the second pinion up 1 from standard (23) too 24 on big tracks? Don't think i'd play with first gear (17) but surely change 2nd gear pinions say: 22 smaller tracks
23 medium "
24 large tracks

Correct or not. Cheers.
rchopeless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 03:57 AM   #362
Tech Apprentice

Default Clutch Bearings

After racing the RRR for the last year, I decided to move on and get the MTX4-R together with a couple of tasty hopups. The car is now assembled but something about the clutch is entirely different from what I experienced with the RRR. The two bearings on the inside of the clutch bell have such a tight fit on the crank, that setting the clutch gap by pulling and pushing the clutch bell has become an ABSOLUTE nightmare. I cannot possibly be doing anything wrong...I am using the correct bearings. Has anyone come across this before or is it just me?

If it is just me ...any suggestions on how I can ease the fit a little for the bearings?
johnypiston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 05:00 AM   #363
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnypiston View Post
The two bearings on the inside of the clutch bell have such a tight fit on the crank, that setting the clutch gap by pulling and pushing the clutch bell has become an ABSOLUTE nightmare. I cannot possibly be doing anything wrong...I am using the correct bearings. Has anyone come across this before or is it just me?

If it is just me ...any suggestions on how I can ease the fit a little for the bearings?
Is a brand new engine?, from time to time I find new engines with the crankshaft with a little too much diameter and they do a tight fit for the bearings. Bearings should enter on the crank without much hassle. Double check it.

The last time I found this, was a Nova with a defective crank who was exchanged without problems for a new crank.
[quote=MugenDrew;2684554]BATTERIES are for FLASH LIGHTS, gasoline is for cleanin parts, alcohol is for me to drink and well NITRO...everybody know thats for racing.[/quote] :D:D:D
Corse-R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 07:34 AM   #364
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corse-R View Post
Is a brand new engine?, from time to time I find new engines with the crankshaft with a little too much diameter and they do a tight fit for the bearings. Bearings should enter on the crank without much hassle. Double check it.

The last time I found this, was a Nova with a defective crank who was exchanged without problems for a new crank.
Ive expierenced the same problem..

There was no problem with Picco and Ninja for that matter but there was a problem with nova engine..

Like the crankshaft is too big.I dont know for Novaplus 2 but by Plus 12-3SCT it stuck.
Jetforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 09:48 AM   #365
Tech Champion

Polish the crankshaft tip with metal polish and put few drop of bearing oil.
asw7576 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 03:59 PM   #366
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by rchopeless View Post
Big smiles after finally upgrading from my mtx-3 prospecs. Taking out the final on it's first apperance has no doudt it a much better car esp steering wise.
My question: Is there a big difference changing the second pinion up 1 from standard (23) too 24 on big tracks? Don't think i'd play with first gear (17) but surely change 2nd gear pinions say: 22 smaller tracks
23 medium "
24 large tracks

Correct or not. Cheers.
wallyedmonds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 04:50 PM   #367
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to SOLOARTIST 702

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tye View Post
I am stripping both spur gears, Not at the same time but they are both stripping. I feel that I am pretty good with setting gear mesh...maybe not. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
JUST AN OPINION check your 2speed 1way ,check for chassis flex,check the upper brace set the mesh by 2nd gear first but there are people that have a better idea of the problem then me also what chassis 3mm or 4mm good luck
RC AMERICA / XRAY / HUDY/ MATRIX TIRES /KOPROPO / ORCAN GT3 /RED CUP RACING MEMBER / SPEEWORLD RACEWAY/ A+ performance parts /IVE SEEN THE XRAY TEAM DRIVE SO I GOT XRAY CARS / better to keep up than to catch up

WILLIAM PENDERGRASS
SOLOARTIST 702 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 02:14 AM   #368
Tech Apprentice

Thanks guys. It is a Ninja MR12 TA01 engine ...which is surprising cause I thought the car was designed for it. I will try polishing and oiling the crank. Thanks.

SAMWA M11

"Ah, but a man's reach should exceed his grasp, Or what's a heaven for?"
-Robert Browning
johnypiston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 02:25 AM   #369
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnypiston View Post
Thanks guys. It is a Ninja MR12 TA01 engine ...which is surprising cause I thought the car was designed for it. I will try polishing and oiling the crank. Thanks.
Doesn't matter if was a Ninja, Sirio, Nova or other brand of engines... from time to time, one crank goes a 0.001mm bigger (the last two that saw with that problem one had 0.003mm thicker and the other was 0.002mm of interference - so they didn't fit on the bearing) and those (and how small) are your problems fitting the crank bearings...

Talk with the LHS or distributor and ask for a replacement crank, don't try to force the bearing as you break them.
[quote=MugenDrew;2684554]BATTERIES are for FLASH LIGHTS, gasoline is for cleanin parts, alcohol is for me to drink and well NITRO...everybody know thats for racing.[/quote] :D:D:D
Corse-R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 04:35 AM   #370
Tech Regular

Send a message via Yahoo to va_connoisseur
Default steering rods and adjusting front toe

Is there an easy method to adjust the front toe? I can't find a pick small enough to get into that little hole in the steering rod.
va_connoisseur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 04:40 AM   #371
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by va_connoisseur View Post
Is there an easy method to adjust the front toe? I can't find a pick small enough to get into that little hole in the steering rod.
Mod one of the little hex keys thats comes in the kit and presto

Mugen Seiki
Max Power Engines GRP Tires Nitro X Fuels "Mugen Blend"
www.rrcsa.org.au
PROVK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 04:40 AM   #372
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I just finished painting this body ( DNA 3 ) for my 4R. Gonna test this body tommorrow along with a little bling bling brass battery tray

Track to be tested on:

Old 08-31-2007, 05:20 AM   #373
Tech Regular

Send a message via Yahoo to va_connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger View Post
I just finished painting this body ( DNA 3 ) for my 4R. Gonna test this body tommorrow along with a little bling bling brass battery tray

Track to be tested on:

Looks like a really technical track. Nice paint job. Is the battery tray a custom piece you made or can I find it at my LHS?
va_connoisseur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 05:46 AM   #374
Tech Elite

almost to technical
looks good for 1/12 mod though.
nice paint work on the body.
wallyedmonds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 10:45 AM   #375
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallyedmonds View Post
almost to technical
looks good for 1/12 mod though.
nice paint work on the body.
Nothing wrong with the track. Just slap a OS TG12 in the car you would be good to go. Don't needs tons of hp for that track, just driving skills.
JLock is offline   Reply With Quote