R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-13-2007, 08:15 PM   #346
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Greeley CO
Posts: 1,415
Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)
Default

I have a question about gearing. I run the stock gearing 17-59 1st and 23-53 2nd which is a 6 tooth difference. I plan to use a 16-59 1st and a 21-54 for 2nd. Will the gears still line up with a 5 tooth difference?? By the way I love the car!!! It is very tough and drives GREAT. Seems ROCK solid. Troy
insanewulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 09:09 PM   #347
Tech Champion
 
asw7576's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 5,792
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by insanewulf View Post
I have a question about gearing. I run the stock gearing 17-59 1st and 23-53 2nd which is a 6 tooth difference. I plan to use a 16-59 1st and a 21-54 for 2nd. Will the gears still line up with a 5 tooth difference?? By the way I love the car!!! It is very tough and drives GREAT. Seems ROCK solid. Troy
Be careful when using smaller pinions / spurs...... the clutchbell will touch the 2nd gear housing. You must check that even in stock gearing form.

Stock gearing is already low....... maybe you set up the centax clutch not right ?
__________________
On Road : Xray NT1 , RX8 , T4 || Mugen Seiki MRX4-R , MTX4 , MTX3 prospec || Tamiya M03 , M04 || Top Racing Sabre FD2
Off Road : Xray XT8 || Hobao Hyper 8
Radio : Futaba 3PKS || KO propo EX-10 eurus
asw7576 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 09:40 PM   #348
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Greeley CO
Posts: 1,415
Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)
Default

I run on a small parking lot. I don't know the length of the straight. Anyone else run this gearing. The ratio is 7.95:1 and 5.5:1 stock is 7.48:1 and 4.97:1. Troy
insanewulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 12:30 AM   #349
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: 8 BATAVIA CORT PORT KENNEDY
Posts: 1
Cool COOL CAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by asw7576 View Post
Here u go......... remember : thick Y wires
HI ITS DREW IM AUSTALIAN AND LIKE RC RACING I HAD A SUPER HORNET BUT IT SNAPED IN HALF GOD DARN IT
Attached Thumbnails
Mugen MTX-4R-af.jpg  
drew.lavorgna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 01:09 PM   #350
Tech Initiate
 
Jetforce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 23
Default

Hy today i ran in my engine.. It took me forever to tune the clutch properly. And theres a problem i cant set my gap like the crankshaft isnt long enough or something. I have a problem with accelariton topspeed is ok. First 1-2 meters it isnt going anywhere then it rotates like it shoud. I have already shortened the gearin(16 pinion) but still the problem exists. I also changed the sping at the clutch from ultra hard to standard, ive changed the whole clutch. I made spring setings from 0.6~1.7mm it was no change. Anyone else had the same expirience..

Oh btw im driving Mtx-4r and a C5 ninja plug..

Please answer,thanks
Jetforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 01:26 PM   #351
Tech Elite
 
JayL's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Ca
Posts: 2,880
Default

jet: same problem: set spring at 8.9, put 1.0mm total of spacers under clutch bell and I cannot get .3mm of play...somewhere around .17...I tightened the clutch spring to 9.6 with no help...

only thing works for me is take .2mm out of clutch bell spacers
JayL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 03:25 PM   #352
Tech Initiate
 
Jetforce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 23
Default

No that didnt solve my prob. I found out that the trust bearings are different..

I measured it and it was 4.35 i put in a new one and it was 3.95... And so i couldn set my clutch gap. I also found out that i mixed two bearings . One of it has bigger balls and bigger "runaway" another smaller balls..

And when i put both of them together(smaller balls to smaller bushing, bigger to bigger) both were 3.95 and now i think it will work perfectly.

Regards,
Nejc
Jetforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 04:17 PM   #353
Tech Elite
 
Corse-R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Madrid (Spain)
Posts: 2,121
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetforce View Post
Hy today i ran in my engine.. It took me forever to tune the clutch properly. And theres a problem i cant set my gap like the crankshaft isnt long enough or something. I have a problem with accelariton topspeed is ok. First 1-2 meters it isnt going anywhere then it rotates like it shoud. I have already shortened the gearin(16 pinion) but still the problem exists. I also changed the sping at the clutch from ultra hard to standard, ive changed the whole clutch. I made spring setings from 0.6~1.7mm it was no change. Anyone else had the same expirience..

Oh btw im driving Mtx-4r and a C5 ninja plug..

Please answer,thanks
Is a very strange issue... sounds like your flywheel isn't correctly seated on the cone or the flywheel cone isn't seat at their place. Disassemble and double check that flywheel cone is on their place and touches the inner race of the front bearing. If you leave a gap there, you could snap the crankshaft and meanwhile run in some problems like the one you're describing.
__________________
Cheers,
Corse-R
---
[quote=MugenDrew;2684554]BATTERIES are for FLASH LIGHTS, gasoline is for cleanin parts, alcohol is for me to drink and well NITRO...everybody know thats for racing.[/quote] :D:D:D
Corse-R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 07:21 AM   #354
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Tallinn, Estonia
Posts: 226
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by asw7576 View Post
Be careful when using smaller pinions / spurs...... the clutchbell will touch the 2nd gear housing. You must check that even in stock gearing form.

Stock gearing is already low....... maybe you set up the centax clutch not right ?
I don't think the touching issue has anything to do with the gearing, as all the gears are the same size, so the motor always stays at the same place (ditto for the clutchbell & 2nd gear housing).
Before anyone complains, of course not ALL gears are the same, but for example 2nd gear pinions from 21-24 (or whatever they are) are all the same diameter. The teeth are machined a bit off standard for this to be possible, but this is done on all race cars that I know, to make life easier, so you can use all the pinion/spur combinations.
olev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 07:28 AM   #355
Tech Initiate
 
Jetforce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 23
Default

@corse

Read my post above yours...

Regards,
Nejc
Jetforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 11:09 AM   #356
Tech Elite
 
JayL's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Ca
Posts: 2,880
Default

corse: phew! thanks, you solved my issues, I took everything off got my auto tools and cranked the nut holding the flywheel and the flywheel went down alittle and I can set everything perfectly. This thing has been bugging me for weeks
JayL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 05:58 AM   #357
Tech Regular
 
va_connoisseur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: DC Metro
Posts: 375
Send a message via Yahoo to va_connoisseur
Default Rear Diff

What difference does changing the diff oil viscosity make? For instance, if I go up to 30K in the rear, how will it effect the cars performance, compared to the 10K included in the kit?
va_connoisseur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 06:28 AM   #358
Tech Initiate
 
Jetforce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 23
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by va_connoisseur View Post
What difference does changing the diff oil viscosity make? For instance, if I go up to 30K in the rear, how will it effect the cars performance, compared to the 10K included in the kit?
You will have more on throttle steering when the track offers enough grip..

Cheers
Jetforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 09:05 PM   #359
Tye
Tech Rookie
 
Tye's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Colorado
Posts: 18
Send a message via Skype™ to Tye
Exclamation I am stripping spur gears...any advice?

I am stripping both spur gears, Not at the same time but they are both stripping. I feel that I am pretty good with setting gear mesh...maybe not. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Tye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 09:11 PM   #360
Tech Champion
 
asw7576's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 5,792
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tye View Post
I am stripping both spur gears, Not at the same time but they are both stripping. I feel that I am pretty good with setting gear mesh...maybe not. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
use search threads in mtx4 forum ( not this mtxr-r ) and show the results by posting.

Or go to nitrokb.com.
asw7576 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
MUGEN MBX5R/MUGEN MBX5T PROSPEC/TRAXXAS RACE REVO Jason Halvorson R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 14 01-12-2008 10:32 AM
Mugen 5T Chassis, Mugen 46 Tooth Pinion, Associated Ride Height Gauge bretzkej R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 1 08-19-2007 06:31 PM
USA's Most Wanted FOR SALE Mugen MBX5R,Losi 8 comp, and Mugen MBX5T Prospec Truggy nobike R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 69 04-28-2007 07:45 PM
Another MTX3 prospec w lots of parts and an optional Mugen X12 w Mugen pipe Scott Fisher R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 11 11-21-2005 05:45 PM
drake xxx nt and mugen mst-1+extras......Looking for a kanai 2 or maybe mugen buggy [email protected] R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 5 06-30-2003 09:31 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 12:13 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net