R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 07-31-2007, 04:36 PM   #331
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghett0 View Post
if u get hit from that side hard in a race or just bashing, your most likley going to loose the connection to your transponder and anything can happen at that point
i lost a rx with the cover a long time ago in my mtx 3 so it dosent matter,
and plus i dont use a switch so i can plug my batt in easier.
iv hurt about 5 pipes to my one rx in my hole time running nitro tc.
wallyedmonds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 07:12 PM   #332
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Riketsu

I dont use a switch nor an extension... I have had bad experience with both... I connect my battery directly to the receiver and I still keep the receiver case there. I just lift it up, plug it in, then place the cover back to its place... The whole time I have had the MTX-4 and MTX-3, I have not faced the situation of the need to replace the receiver case due to using this method...
Riketsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 08:37 PM   #333
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by va_connoisseur View Post
Running tires at that shore, how is your clutch set-up? Also what type of gearing are you using?
Spring: Silver super hard mugen spring tensioned at 9.1mm
Clutch shoe: Gray clutch shoe
Gearing: 59/53, 17/23 - stock gearing that came with the kit. This was the gearing that I used on a particular track.
Old 07-31-2007, 11:38 PM   #334
Tech Champion

I use thick wire Y cable extension. One extension for battery, one extension for transponder, and one connection to receiver.

By doing this, I extend life of my receiver's pins tightness from frequent plug in - plug out. I just replace the Y extension cable when connections become bad.

I can seal the receiver with a ballon too because the plugs are remote now.
asw7576 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 07:12 AM   #335
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to NitroNubee

Quote:
Originally Posted by asw7576 View Post
I use thick wire Y cable extension. One extension for battery, one extension for transponder, and one connection to receiver.

By doing this, I extend life of my receiver's pins tightness from frequent plug in - plug out. I just replace the Y extension cable when connections become bad.

I can seal the receiver with a ballon too because the plugs are remote now.
Do you guys have pictures of this wiring mod? That sounds like a really good trick! Please post.
NitroNubee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 10:35 AM   #336
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroNubee View Post
Do you guys have pictures of this wiring mod? That sounds like a really good trick! Please post.
Here u go......... remember : thick Y wires.
Attached Thumbnails
Mugen MTX-4R-dsc07577.jpg   Mugen MTX-4R-dsc07578.jpg   Mugen MTX-4R-dsc07579.jpg   Mugen MTX-4R-dsc07583.jpg  
Old 08-01-2007, 02:40 PM   #337
Tech Elite

are you using a check valve on your fuel line

cheater (joking)
Old 08-01-2007, 08:36 PM   #338
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallyedmonds View Post
are you using a check valve on your fuel line

cheater (joking)

No..... they passed the test in big races...... , it is 75cc ( no cheating , no bs )

I use additional in-line filter for double protection. Sometimes I see particles inside the filter u know.
Old 08-01-2007, 08:41 PM   #339
Tech Adept

Thanks for puting those up, asw! You guys are really good! I am getting so aggrevated at mine that I am thinking about going electric. I am not worthy!
Old 08-01-2007, 08:55 PM   #340
Tech Elite

Quote:
Thanks for puting those up, asw! You guys are really good! I am getting so aggrevated at mine that I am thinking about going electric. I am not worthy!
dont think that
Old 08-01-2007, 09:01 PM   #341
Tech Champion

Quote:
Hey, your welcome.

Don't give up yet....... I was a dumb nitro racer too ( 2004 ) .....

Keep playing nitro and play in this thread , ok ?
Old 08-02-2007, 07:39 AM   #342
Tech Adept

Thanks a lot guys! I appreciate the support and the comrodery (sp?)of this forum. I know nothing compared to most people on here but I feel it is the best way to get better. It is like playing tennis (or similar) against a pro. You get your ass kicked all the time but it will eventually elevate your game, too. Don't worry, I won't give up yet.

~Nubee~
Old 08-13-2007, 06:01 AM   #343
Tech Regular

Send a message via Yahoo to va_connoisseur
Default Ofna 10245 starter box

Just picked up this little baby, dropped in a couple of 3000mAh batteries. Took about an hour to get it setup and decided I would share the measurements here. Look for the right up in a couple of days on www.teamkhaos.com.

The measurements are in MM. I tried to make the measurement points clear, but if you have questions, drop me a PM.
Attached Thumbnails
Mugen MTX-4R-starter-box.jpg  
va_connoisseur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 11:48 AM   #344
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by va_connoisseur View Post
Just picked up this little baby, dropped in a couple of 3000mAh batteries. Took about an hour to get it setup and decided I would share the measurements here. Look for the right up in a couple of days on www.teamkhaos.com.

The measurements are in MM. I tried to make the measurement points clear, but if you have questions, drop me a PM.
Great Information ...... Wow, correct up to two decimals :

I quit using starter box with belt and non flat bed type .....
Old 08-13-2007, 02:54 PM   #345
Tech Adept

I'm using the same box (but with LRP logo on it), but I use the front adjustment part that you get with the car (meant for Mugen box). As the box is somewhat short, it has to be installed on the front edge of the box, pretty much on the inclined part already, and the lower side of the piece has to be cut (there are 2 ridges that are supposed to align it to the Mugen box). As I'm lazy, I just use one screw (left one) to fix it to the starterbox slot, works perfectly. If I was any less lazy, I would drill another hole in the box so that the nosepiece would be really well fixed to the box.
Looks a lot nicer and cleaner without the "wings" on the box. I can really throw the car on the box and it goes on correct 100% of the time... hell, even my mechanic can get this right most of the time Too bad I'm too lazy to take a picture of it now
olev is offline   Reply With Quote