http://nitrokb.netne.net/mtx4/faq.ht...erential_Front
The 2.6x6 screws are missing from the list, Part# B0649
Old 12-31-2009, 12:01 PM   #3422
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ira View Post
The 2.6x6 screws are missing from the list, Part# B0649
Ira, Thanks for pointing that out! I'll update it when I get a chance.

I didn't get my old forum up until the other day, so when I checked my MTX-4 rebuild thead, I had those screws listed as well.
Kyosho V-ONE RRR WC (x2) \ XRAY T2'007 \ Also owned: XRAY NT1 & Mugen MTX-4
rmdhawaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 08:37 AM   #3423
Tech Master

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to BLKNOTCH

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmdhawaii View Post
Ira, Thanks for pointing that out! I'll update it when I get a chance.

I didn't get my old forum up until the other day, so when I checked my MTX-4 rebuild thead, I had those screws listed as well.
That was a fun read on your site, crazy how the car has not changed in all these years (yess little things) but all and all it is really still the same car.

Sean
Old 01-01-2010, 12:43 PM   #3424
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLKNOTCH View Post
That was a fun read on your site, crazy how the car has not changed in all these years (yess little things) but all and all it is really still the same car.

Sean
The MTX-4 is a very good car. IMO, there are just a few things they could (need to ) do to address some of the minor issues it has while on the pit table, but other than that, once it's on the track, it's awesome!
Kyosho V-ONE RRR WC (x2) \ XRAY T2'007 \ Also owned: XRAY NT1 & Mugen MTX-4
rmdhawaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 11:31 AM   #3425
Tech Rookie

Does anyone know if there is a good lightweight 2 speed shaft for the MTX-4/R? I've been looking around on the internet and only come up with one for the MTX3 by K Factory which wont fit the 4 and one for the MTX4 by "Five Stars" (who i've ever heard of before) from Hong Kong. I did read about one by a German company (was it M-Mods?) but couldn't find anything when I searched for them.

Any advice would be well appreciated? Would a shaft for another model fit?

Thanks
Willy Swerve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 11:44 AM   #3426
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 83 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willy Swerve View Post
Does anyone know if there is a good lightweight 2 speed shaft for the MTX-4/R? I've been looking around on the internet and only come up with one for the MTX3 by K Factory which wont fit the 4 and one for the MTX4 by "Five Stars" (who i've ever heard of before) from Hong Kong. I did read about one by a German company (was it M-Mods?) but couldn't find anything when I searched for them.

Any advice would be well appreciated? Would a shaft for another model fit?

Thanks
YB slow!!!!! Good Stuff
Chicky fan club member #9
One Eighth Racers of Toledo
lil-bump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 02:46 PM   #3427
Tech Rookie

Thanks Lil-bump,
I've just been contacted by the shop who have the K Factory shaft for the MTX-3 and they're confident that it will also fit the MTX-4. It's hard coated aluminium and on offer at 4.99 - under $10 , so I think i'll give it a go. I'm trying to get the weight of the drivetrain down (without spending too much !!), so that and a lightweight middle shaft should help.

I also want to improve the MTX4 brakes, what are peoples opinions on the cheap aftermarket vented disc brakes by 3hobby or Yeah Racing (MTX4-007) etc. I had a slight improvement when I switched to yellow pads, but still get fade in a 30 min final. Are the more expensive brake discs worth the money? HO369 or Kawahara M426. Any others I should be looking at

Also, is there any improved harder diff outdrives for a front diff?

Sorry for all the questions, appreciate any feedback. Thanks again.
Old 01-08-2010, 02:52 PM   #3428
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Get the app brake pads for the vonerrr evo. They are the best brake pads on the market and they are not expensive at all.
HoboShop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 06:35 PM   #3429
Tech Adept

Send a message via MSN to JRGTR

Quote:
Thanks Lil-bump,
I've just been contacted by the shop who have the K Factory shaft for the MTX-3 and they're confident that it will also fit the MTX-4. It's hard coated aluminium and on offer at 4.99 - under $10 , so I think i'll give it a go. I'm trying to get the weight of the drivetrain down (without spending too much !!), so that and a lightweight middle shaft should help.

I also want to improve the MTX4 brakes, what are peoples opinions on the cheap aftermarket vented disc brakes by 3hobby or Yeah Racing (MTX4-007) etc. I had a slight improvement when I switched to yellow pads, but still get fade in a 30 min final. Are the more expensive brake discs worth the money? HO369 or Kawahara M426. Any others I should be looking at

the best brake configuration is the mtx-4r ventilated(double) brake disc and the mbx-6 brake pads , those pads fits better than kyosho(no modification on plastic upper part) and it's original mugen part, cheaper that kyosho pads and you get 2 sets per package for less money!!!
www.pitlanehobby.com
JRGTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 07:25 PM   #3430
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRGTR View Post
the best brake configuration is the mtx-4r ventilated(double) brake disc and the mbx-6 brake pads , those pads fits better than kyosho(no modification on plastic upper part) and it's original mugen part, cheaper that kyosho pads and you get 2 sets per package for less money!!!
+1... The MBX6 pads are cheaper. and you get two sets(Kyosho you only get one set). Absolutly no fade what so ever. Don't get the Racer Edge disk; it fades like crazy. I took mine off, it must have been three different shades of purple because it got so hot.
Old 01-08-2010, 07:26 PM   #3431
Tech Elite

Quote:
Thanks Lil-bump,

I would still go with Yb slow stuff. Best american made stuff on the planet!!!!!!
Old 01-08-2010, 07:43 PM   #3432
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRGTR View Post

I'm using the MBX6 pads and ventilated brakes just like you... These are great and a lot cheaper than aftermarket brakes....
Old 01-08-2010, 09:45 PM   #3433
Tech Adept

Send a message via MSN to JRGTR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francis M. View Post
I'm using the MBX6 pads and ventilated brakes just like you... These are great and a lot cheaper than aftermarket brakes....
with kyosho brakepads I open a little the hole for screws and wear a litthe the plastic part that cover the rear belt and hold the brake cam just to fit the k pads but with mbx6 all fit WITH NO modification , cheaper and perform tha sameor better than kyosho and best of all Mugen OEM parts!!!
www.pitlanehobby.com
JRGTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 04:33 AM   #3434
Tech Rookie

Thumbs up

Thanks for the great feedback guys. I've been looking around on the net and the price seems to swing it in the favour of the Mugen pads - 2 for the price of 1! and i'll go for the Kawahara vented double disc.

Does anyone know about harder diff outdrives for a front diff?

Thanks again guys
Old 01-09-2010, 12:10 PM   #3435
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Thanks for the great feedback guys. I've been looking around on the net and the price seems to swing it in the favour of the Mugen pads - 2 for the price of 1! and i'll go for the Kawahara vented double disc.

Does anyone know about harder diff outdrives for a front diff?

Thanks again guys

IMO, the stock ones are good and last a long time...