R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 08-10-2009, 09:46 AM   #3241
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to stefan

Quote:
Originally Posted by etgdpu View Post
Hello,
I wonder what is the purpose of the 2 additional carbon pieces on the sides of the fuel tank of Robert's radio plate.
That's hard to explain, but it has to do with a floating radio plate...

It's the solution for the inherent push of the MTX4

I'll see if I can take a few pics of mine if I find the time.
stefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 04:59 PM   #3242
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefan View Post

I am interested in this also. Pics would be great and please explain!
Thank you!
Old 08-12-2009, 05:03 AM   #3243
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gansei View Post
Great work Gansei!
good to see you still driving fast!
When did you switch to a mugen?
Im sure you used to run a TM.
I take it that the Mugen is a faster car?
Old 08-13-2009, 04:08 AM   #3244
Tech Champion

Gansei

>>>>>> congratulations !!! <<<<<<<<
asw7576 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 08:19 PM   #3245
Tech Master

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to BLKNOTCH

Just wondering if anyone has had any issues with there pulleys ? I have lost 3 front belt 18T pulleys on my car that have cost me the race each time. I am thinking to move to a metal pulley, does anyone have this issue and what did you do??

Thanks
Sean
Old 08-18-2009, 08:52 PM   #3246
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLKNOTCH View Post
Just wondering if anyone has had any issues with there pulleys ? I have lost 3 front belt 18T pulleys on my car that have cost me the race each time. I am thinking to move to a metal pulley, does anyone have this issue and what did you do??

Thanks
Sean
I have not heard or seen this happen, Do you have the belt tension adjusted correctly? To be honestly my front pulley shows little to no wear after 2 seasons. Wish I could be of more help.

George
Old 08-18-2009, 09:01 PM   #3247
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by G87z View Post
I have not heard or seen this happen, Do you have the belt tension adjusted correctly? To be honestly my front pulley shows little to no wear after 2 seasons. Wish I could be of more help.

George
Really? wow, I put a new belt in the car three races ago with the tension set to the middle, then ran the car for these three races without touching it and the belt lost all it's teeth and the pulley is smooth? I do think the belt seemed a bit loose. This has only started now that my new engine has been broken in and started making the crazy power that is does LOL. I have changed the 18t pulley three times now including this time, I have just ordered the Yeah Racing 18T pulley for the center shaft in hopes that this will help. Should I be making the belt tighter? using the tightest setting?

Thanks
Sean
Old 08-18-2009, 09:17 PM   #3248
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Really? wow, I put a new belt in the car three races ago with the tension set to the middle, then ran the car for these three races without touching it and the belt lost all it's teeth and the pulley is smooth? I do think the belt seemed a bit loose. This has only started now that my new engine has been broken in and started making the crazy power that is does LOL. I have changed the 18t pulley three times now including this time, I have just ordered the Yeah Racing 18T pulley for the center shaft in hopes that this will help. Should I be making the belt tighter? using the tightest setting?

Thanks
Sean

Make sure you have both eccentrics adjusted even left to right... you should run you belt in slowly especially with new pulleys so it sets in right.. I've never had a problem with the belts on my sedan with this procedure.
Old 08-18-2009, 09:48 PM   #3249
Tech Master

Thanks for the replies guy's, I will say this is my second season with this car and I have never had a problem before?? Maybe I have been having bad luck with stones LOL.
Old 08-19-2009, 07:14 AM   #3250
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Thanks for the replies guy's, I will say this is my second season with this car and I have never had a problem before?? Maybe I have been having bad luck with stones LOL.

Also check your bearings that the diff and center shaft run on. The could be seizing up. Also the bearings that are in the front hubs.
Old 08-19-2009, 07:39 AM   #3251
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Riketsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefan View Post

Hey stefan... How about them pics? Im pretty sure we all here want to know this mod.
Old 08-19-2009, 07:49 AM   #3252
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riketsu View Post
Hey stefan... How about them pics? Im pretty sure we all here want to know this mod.

+1! I would like to see the pics also!
Old 08-19-2009, 08:19 AM   #3253
Tech Fanatic

Quote:

Thanks
Sean
beware alum pulley will not avoid from getting dirt! with new belts use middle setting, some tanks later switch to tightest and that should be it. i've belts that last some months using urethan front and rear and rubber on the side (use armorall to clean)
good luck,
Old 08-19-2009, 08:55 AM   #3254
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 83 (100%+)

Quote:

Thanks
Sean

What side pulley are you running. It just a thought; but maybe your overdrive is way off causing the front wheels to over drive the rear wheels. This would put most of the acceleration to front wheels. The only time I've wiped a pulley out is with small rocks
Chicky fan club member #9
One Eighth Racers of Toledo
lil-bump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 11:36 AM   #3255
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Riketsu

In red rc, they explained the floating radio plate concept.

Serpent drivers have implemented it in their 966 as has Robert in his 1/8 car I believe. Heres a quote from RedRC:

"Continuing on from yesterday’s ‘New in the pits’ comes some more new items including this 966 floating rear end from Serpent. Similar to a system used by Mugen’s Robert Pietsch, but implemented differently, it detaches the rear of the radio plate from the radio plate mounting block. No longer using the top 2 screws to mount the two together, it allows the rear of the car to flex along the width of the chassis but thanks to some cleverly mounted track rods under the radio plate, that are connected to the centre block, it cant flex along the length of the chassis. This is said to improve the steering of the car on corner entry, while at the same time making it more stable under acceleration. In addition most of the Serpent drivers are running the front upper wishbone bracket at an angle which further improves the stability out of the corner by giving the car less caster on power. There are no firm plans to release this update, with testing still going on to decide the feasibility and implementation."