R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 03-16-2009, 06:29 AM   #2836
Tech Regular

Send a message via MSN to staikosn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by asw7576 View Post
staiskosn1 :

....btw, wasn't that you who plan to use ceramic bearing ? wasn't that you ask that question ?
Yes thats true but i didnt yet...
Old 03-16-2009, 08:38 AM   #2837
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Staikosn1 I polish the two speed shaft, mid shaft, cvd axles... Pretty much anywhere the bearings sit on metal that the bearings is not sliding in freely... Just do enough so that the bearing slides in freely and this should help make sure the drive train is built as free as posible....

If your parts slide in no problem then you don't need to do the procedure....
Old 03-16-2009, 03:54 PM   #2838
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francis M. View Post
Staikosn1 I polish the two speed shaft, mid shaft, cvd axles... Pretty much anywhere the bearings sit on metal that the bearings is not sliding in freely... Just do enough so that the bearing slides in freely and this should help make sure the drive train is built as free as posible....

If your parts slide in no problem then you don't need to do the procedure....
yea this is the most reasonable explaination.

the shalf is supposed to grab the inside of the bearing, not spin within it. so again polishing the shaft wont benefit you unless for some reason the bearing isnt sliding onto the shaft with ease. polishing it will in most cases make the bearing easier to remove from the shaft.

if it fits good leave it alone. because if you polish too much or will a abrasive material, you will reduce the diameter of the shalf and cause a space inbetween the shaft and bearing. worst case senario
gentleman81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 05:28 AM   #2839
Tech Apprentice

Hey guys, i just bought a new flat pack for my car. Now i'm not sure if it is the problem but my receiver died after about 5 minutes of using my new battery. I put in a RC Revolution 6V 1400mah flat pack in, which should be fine because my old battery was a Intellect 6v 1400mah. The weird thing is, this battery can charge upto 12v while the other one only charges to 7.8-8. That shouldn't matter though since the battery is giving out amps not voltage. Like i said, i'm not too sure if it the battery that has caused this, it just seems a bit suss though after installing a new battery that this has happened..

Cheers,
Tim

*For Sale, CT4S with a heap of parts*
ViperSkull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 06:12 AM   #2840
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

what sort of charger are u using and did u cycle it. i found that using a Swallow on my old battery didnt charge all the way so it was at about half, and my reciever would die after 5 min like you said. also you could try charging it at .5aMps and just let it charge it should take about 60-70min, my Venom 1400mAh took 80min to charge at .5aMps.
==== Pro Buggy Rc, Pitsworth - for all my RC needs =====
NiTrO BoOsTeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 06:20 AM   #2841
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViperSkull View Post
Hey guys, i just bought a new flat pack for my car. Now i'm not sure if it is the problem but my receiver died after about 5 minutes of using my new battery. I put in a RC Revolution 6V 1400mah flat pack in, which should be fine because my old battery was a Intellect 6v 1400mah. The weird thing is, this battery can charge upto 12v while the other one only charges to 7.8-8. That shouldn't matter though since the battery is giving out amps not voltage. Like i said, i'm not too sure if it the battery that has caused this, it just seems a bit suss though after installing a new battery that this has happened..

Cheers,
Tim

I'm not quite understand with your situation.... btw, this is what I know about NiMH battery pack :

old pack or a pack with dead cell : the battery pack will peaked at too high voltage with too high Mah capacity.

good pack : the pack will charge to reasonable voltage & Mah, quite close to specification, eg. peaked charge at 7.2V at 1700 Mah.

high capacity cells are easy to go dead.

Can you ask for return and replacement from where you buy ? .... better yet, switch to lipo ?
asw7576 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 06:27 AM   #2842
Tech Fanatic

i think what he means is,

he charged the battery, and he only got 5min run time before there was no reception with the car.

on that note did the fail safe come on Tim, casue if its that then i would say ur transmitter battery might be gone
Old 03-17-2009, 09:00 AM   #2843
Tech Apprentice

Yep, thats what i mean Mitchell. I'll have a look tomorrow. It could possibly be the failsafe, not really sure, all i know is that my reciever LED is flashing green, where as it should be still.

Cheers,
Tim

*For Sale, CT4S with a heap of parts*
ViperSkull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 09:16 AM   #2844
Tech Fanatic

Quote:

Cheers,
Tim

the maximun output delivered to your battery should not excced 8v.more than that there is something wrong with a cell or the pack!
it happened to my to my smc 1200 nihm after 3 years of use, thought it was my charger but after getting a new 1600mah, i disposed the battery
Old 03-17-2009, 09:34 AM   #2845
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I had a brand new pack that did the same thing. What tipped me off was that it charged very fast. But it died very fast too. I saw this when I was cycling it to try and get it going. So, I charged it, tore the pack apart and checked each cell individually. One cell was noticeably lower than the rest. So, I bought another pack, and no issues since.

MINO Racing
JetMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 04:34 PM   #2846
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 83 (100%+)

Quote:

Cheers,
Tim
A 6 volt battery should never charge up to 12vdc????
Chicky fan club member #9
One Eighth Racers of Toledo
lil-bump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 05:07 PM   #2847
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Yep, thats what i mean Mitchell. I'll have a look tomorrow. It could possibly be the failsafe, not really sure, all i know is that my reciever LED is flashing green, where as it should be still.

Cheers,
Tim
well if the LED is flashing it isnt the battery, it has lost its bind to the Transmitter, Try Rebinding it and that should work.

Mitchell
Old 03-18-2009, 10:43 AM   #2848
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

MTX4R for sale under for sale thread
Old 03-18-2009, 10:59 AM   #2849
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by lil-bump View Post
A 6 volt battery should never charge up to 12vdc????
never, for example, lets say you have a 1600 6v pack
if you charge it with a peak charger at 1.6amps, it should take one hour to be fully charged,
even in this situation it should be around 8v when peaked!
more than that there is something wrong with the chargher or the pack!
the slower the charge, the longer the runtime

good luck
Old 03-26-2009, 08:54 AM   #2850
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default tips, anyone?

hi racers...i need to ask tips for my mtx4r to make it more "faster and stable" hahaha...any tips from the pros?

1: regarding belt tension? - does it make any diff on my driving when i set for too loose or too tight? front/ side/ rear...

2: do i really need to go for lipo batt instead of nimh (weight issue)?

3: on the sharp corner track, do u prefer to use diff or spool/solid on the front?

4: last but not least...any tips to make your car faster on corner? (because base on what my "GURU" said "overtake them on corners" because you normally have more corners than a straight lines...

thanx...
abul is offline   Reply With Quote