R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-05-2009, 06:22 PM   #2581
Tech Master
 
spenzalii's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Upper Marlboro, MD
Posts: 1,424
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to spenzalii
Default

My abridged Mugen story...
__________________
This episode is brought to you by the letters M, T, X and the number 4....
spenzalii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 06:26 PM   #2582
Tech Master
 
spenzalii's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Upper Marlboro, MD
Posts: 1,424
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to spenzalii
Default

My abridged Mugen story...

I ran Ofna for years, since that's what my pockets could afford. A friend of mine told me I would pick up a full lap running the MTX4. 4 races after buying the car, he was right. Out the box, the car is planted. With a few setup tweaks, it will be on rails, regardless of 'age'.

The best mantra on nitro RC is to get the car that has the most support at your track, be it Mugen, Kyosho, Serpent, Xray, etc. That said, I can't see the box stock, base setup for the MTX4 being that far off from whatever track you run on.
__________________
This episode is brought to you by the letters M, T, X and the number 4....
spenzalii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 08:00 PM   #2583
Tech Elite
 
SOLOARTIST 702's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: WORLD WIDE
Posts: 3,393
Send a message via AIM to SOLOARTIST 702
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by spenzalii View Post
My abridged Mugen story...

I ran Ofna for years, since that's what my pockets could afford. A friend of mine told me I would pick up a full lap running the MTX4. 4 races after buying the car, he was right. Out the box, the car is planted. With a few setup tweaks, it will be on rails, regardless of 'age'.

The best mantra on nitro RC is to get the car that has the most support at your track, be it Mugen, Kyosho, Serpent, Xray, etc. That said, I can't see the box stock, base setup for the MTX4 being that far off from whatever track you run on.
this statement is true i have put my sedan down at three different tracks 1 being ft myers without changing any thing but maybe tires & the car was tits on that is a good feeling
__________________
RC AMERICA / XRAY / HUDY/ MATRIX TIRES /KOPROPO / ORCAN GT3 /RED CUP RACING MEMBER / SPEEWORLD RACEWAY/ A+ performance parts /IVE SEEN THE XRAY TEAM DRIVE SO I GOT XRAY CARS / better to keep up than to catch up

WILLIAM PENDERGRASS
SOLOARTIST 702 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 09:09 PM   #2584
Tech Master
 
gentleman81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: VA Baby
Posts: 1,657
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Solo, u have pm
__________________
MTX4R/PICCO(Trophy Taker) - SERP 950/SIRIO(Board Breaker)
PHI '08 - to be announced.....
www.vorra.org - ironbridgesportspark.com - 301raceway*4LIFE*.com
gentleman81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 07:57 AM   #2585
Tech Fanatic
 
Seisick's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 845
Default

fyi

using the 24 pulley bud did not want to reverse the belt tensioner to gain more tension
so I fit kawaharas RRR belt, fits perfectly with enought tension and
no need to reverse the tensioner
__________________
HobbymaniA
GoT MuGeN?
Seisick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 11:11 AM   #2586
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Malaysia, KL
Posts: 90
Send a message via MSN to xtopher_aaron
Default

we recently put on the 24t pulley ourselves, just interested in seeing how it performs..

we flipped the tensioner and it works like a charm, no problems whatsoever.. Easily done too..

What do you guys think about the 24t? Which do you prefer? Why?

Cheers..
__________________
Mugen Seiki MTX-4R || LRP Z.12R Spec 4 || LRP Pipes || Spektrum DX3R (Coming Soon) ||
xtopher_aaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 11:26 AM   #2587
Tech Regular
 
staikosn1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Greece
Posts: 295
Send a message via MSN to staikosn1
Default

Anyone had problems to replace the oneway with dif??? I cant put that shit from morning! WTF is happening???
__________________
XRAY NT1 || RB T10 RC || FUTABA BLS || SANWA M11 ||
#FANATIX MODELS# #www.frt.gr#
staikosn1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 11:28 AM   #2588
Tech Elite
 
stefan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Bavaria, Germany
Posts: 3,273
Send a message via AIM to stefan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtopher_aaron View Post
we recently put on the 24t pulley ourselves, just interested in seeing how it performs..

we flipped the tensioner and it works like a charm, no problems whatsoever.. Easily done too..

What do you guys think about the 24t? Which do you prefer? Why?

Cheers..
The different side pulleys are not about personal taste or different performance, they are made for different purposes.

The 24t is for a 2.5 mm diameter split between front and rear tires.

The 25t is for equal tires size fr & rr.
stefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 11:31 AM   #2589
Tech Elite
 
stefan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Bavaria, Germany
Posts: 3,273
Send a message via AIM to stefan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by staikosn1 View Post
Anyone had problems to replace the oneway with dif??? I cant put that shit from morning! WTF is happening???

Ok, your English is excellent when it comes to abbreviations for bad language, otherwise it sucks.

Why don't you relax and try to describe, what the problem is.

Is your diff housing touching your steering ball ends? If so, grind off a bot of the ball ends.
stefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 11:43 AM   #2590
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Malaysia, KL
Posts: 90
Send a message via MSN to xtopher_aaron
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefan View Post
The different side pulleys are not about personal taste or different performance, they are made for different purposes.

The 24t is for a 2.5 mm diameter split between front and rear tires.

The 25t is for equal tires size fr & rr.
Thanks for this info bro.. Since were running equal, might as well revert to the 25t..

Just to confirm, this means that if i want to put on the 24t, i need to tru my front wheels down by 2.5mm compared to the rear right?

Thanks..
__________________
Mugen Seiki MTX-4R || LRP Z.12R Spec 4 || LRP Pipes || Spektrum DX3R (Coming Soon) ||
xtopher_aaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 12:07 PM   #2591
Tech Elite
 
stefan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Bavaria, Germany
Posts: 3,273
Send a message via AIM to stefan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtopher_aaron View Post
Thanks for this info bro.. Since were running equal, might as well revert to the 25t..

Just to confirm, this means that if i want to put on the 24t, i need to tru my front wheels down by 2.5mm compared to the rear right?

Thanks..
Exactly :-)
stefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 12:20 PM   #2592
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Malaysia, KL
Posts: 90
Send a message via MSN to xtopher_aaron
Default

Thanks Stefan,

I think im gonna put on the 25t, wait till the front wears down on its own (which takes forever) then replace the rears and leave the worn down fronts, this way we can put on the 24t.. saves us some cash too.. Tire wear is a real killer!!

In fact, this whole hobby is a killer !! theres always something that needs to be done or more like some reason why money needs to be spent. If its not parts, its hop ups, if its not hop ups its tires, if its not tires its fuel.. ok ok .. you get the point.. but yea..

I was discussing with a friend today i brought to the track. She asked me how I would manage having a gf and being into RC's at the time.. Shes kinda into me.. But im not so much into her.. I just told her I cant.. its impossible!! hahaahahha
__________________
Mugen Seiki MTX-4R || LRP Z.12R Spec 4 || LRP Pipes || Spektrum DX3R (Coming Soon) ||
xtopher_aaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 12:44 PM   #2593
Tech Regular
 
staikosn1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Greece
Posts: 295
Send a message via MSN to staikosn1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefan View Post
Ok, your English is excellent when it comes to abbreviations for bad language, otherwise it sucks.

Why don't you relax and try to describe, what the problem is.

Is your diff housing touching your steering ball ends? If so, grind off a bot of the ball ends.
Ok ill try! I wanted to replace yhe oneway with dif. The dif case with pulley seems to be larger that the space bitween the bulkheads. After 1 hour the dif was placed in bulkheads i couldnt put the carbon for suspensions!
Do you understand now?
__________________
XRAY NT1 || RB T10 RC || FUTABA BLS || SANWA M11 ||
#FANATIX MODELS# #www.frt.gr#
staikosn1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 01:07 PM   #2594
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: ATL
Posts: 684
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by staikosn1 View Post
Ok ill try! I wanted to replace yhe oneway with dif. The dif case with pulley seems to be larger that the space bitween the bulkheads. After 1 hour the dif was placed in bulkheads i couldnt put the carbon for suspensions!
Do you understand now?
you sure you have the right diff?
Baedarlboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 01:12 PM   #2595
Tech Elite
 
lil-bump's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: The Cold Great Lakes
Posts: 2,963
Trader Rating: 83 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by staikosn1 View Post
Ok ill try! I wanted to replace yhe oneway with dif. The dif case with pulley seems to be larger that the space bitween the bulkheads. After 1 hour the dif was placed in bulkheads i couldnt put the carbon for suspensions!
Do you understand now?
Make sure both bearings are all the way down onto the diff before you place the diff between the front bulkheads. I had the same problem.
This sometimes happens when installing a brand new diff housing.


Pass you soon...
__________________
Elliott Hart
Serpent America
Desoto Racing Team
Chicky fan club member #9
One Eighth Racers of Toledo
lil-bump is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
MUGEN MBX5R/MUGEN MBX5T PROSPEC/TRAXXAS RACE REVO Jason Halvorson R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 14 01-12-2008 10:32 AM
Mugen 5T Chassis, Mugen 46 Tooth Pinion, Associated Ride Height Gauge bretzkej R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 1 08-19-2007 06:31 PM
USA's Most Wanted FOR SALE Mugen MBX5R,Losi 8 comp, and Mugen MBX5T Prospec Truggy nobike R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 69 04-28-2007 07:45 PM
Another MTX3 prospec w lots of parts and an optional Mugen X12 w Mugen pipe Scott Fisher R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 11 11-21-2005 05:45 PM
drake xxx nt and mugen mst-1+extras......Looking for a kanai 2 or maybe mugen buggy [email protected] R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 5 06-30-2003 09:31 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 06:14 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net