R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 01-13-2009, 03:57 PM   #2461
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackedOutREVO View Post
Your car was pretty quick last time I saw you. Was a fun battle that weekend. Haha, I need to get back out

Are you guys racing at speed world?
Old 01-13-2009, 05:46 PM   #2462
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francis M. View Post
Yes, sir! Any questions etc let me know, I can hook you up with a setup for any car.

Great track with great racers

BOR: that was fun, don't let those off-road guys steal you
JayL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 08:35 PM   #2463
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayL View Post
Yes, sir! Any questions etc let me know, I can hook you up with a setup for any car.

I've always wanten to race at SpeedWorld, I might go there for the Mugen Cup/Challenge....
Old 01-14-2009, 04:41 AM   #2464
Tech Adept

I just have to post here and say that I can't wait for the summer to arrive 4 more months before the 1st outdoor race... I've been going over my 4R, have installed lot of new goodies (Kawahara chassis, Ti pivot balls, alloy screws & stuff), hopefully soon I will get my new engines for this season (will be switching to RB from LRP). Have also bought some bodies to keep me busy with painting At one point my racing fever got so bad that I actually thought about flying over the ocean to the Winternats, but then my wallet didn't want to agree with that
I also thought about switching cars for this season, been running the MTX-4's for 3 years now, but decided to give it one more season and wait for a new Mugen. With Robert Pietsch on board now, I have a feeling that it will be worth waiting.

Moral of the story: winter sucks. I do like indoor electric touring, but in the end of the day, it's just a sad replacement drug
olev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 09:41 AM   #2465
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (93%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by olev View Post
I just have to post here and say that I can't wait for the summer to arrive 4 more months before the 1st outdoor race... I've been going over my 4R, have installed lot of new goodies (Kawahara chassis, Ti pivot balls, alloy screws & stuff), hopefully soon I will get my new engines for this season (will be switching to RB from LRP). Have also bought some bodies to keep me busy with painting At one point my racing fever got so bad that I actually thought about flying over the ocean to the Winternats, but then my wallet didn't want to agree with that
I also thought about switching cars for this season, been running the MTX-4's for 3 years now, but decided to give it one more season and wait for a new Mugen. With Robert Pietsch on board now, I have a feeling that it will be worth waiting.

Moral of the story: winter sucks. I do like indoor electric touring, but in the end of the day, it's just a sad replacement drug
I understand your pain, not because of your weather cause I'm in sunny cali, but just wanting to race. my local track close in 2007 an now I have to travel about 1 hr. just to practice. Sometime you just got take a long distance trip to race, make sure you plan ahead.....
Old 01-14-2009, 04:04 PM   #2466
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

haha you think driving 1hr is bad i have to drive atleast 2hrs to go to a race. but it is so worth it,

so is there a high chance that a new car will be coming out.

Mitchell
==== Pro Buggy Rc, Pitsworth - for all my RC needs =====
NiTrO BoOsTeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 06:37 PM   #2467
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Quote:
I havent been out in a while. Duno

Quote:

Hahaha its not. On road still is WAY more fun then off road. Im doing WGT at A Main, and soon electric TC. Trying to sell my gas TC. But it might end up staying

Quote:
I've always wanten to race at SpeedWorld, I might go there for the Mugen Cup/Challenge....
Fun track, big azz straight! Let your horsepower loose!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by olev View Post

You will love the RB. I run the R3, and its on monster on the back straight. I finally got it worked out with my TI ninja pipe. Runs great finally!
Old 01-15-2009, 10:13 AM   #2468
Tech Elite

We have been racing at speedworld every other Sunday that doesn't rain...we have only missed two days iirc... www.speedworldraceway.com has the schedule.

If you want a mugen setup seach this thread for a post by yllib, his setup is our base
JayL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 10:28 AM   #2469
Tech Elite

Quote:
We have been racing at speedworld every other Sunday that doesn't rain...we have only missed two days iirc... www.speedworldraceway.com has the schedule.

If you want a mugen setup seach this thread for a post by yllib, his setup is our base

Thanks for the info, I'm gonna try to make a club race before the Mugen Cup.... My friend raced the KO electric race up at Speed World and he wouldn't shut up about how great the track is...
Old 01-17-2009, 11:13 AM   #2470
Tech Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to xtopher_aaron

Anyone ever put a Mugen with one of those LRP Z.12R Team Spec 4 Engines?

Any good?

I recently got one myself, but im still new to all this RC racing, its my first car and my dad help to build it and teaches me everything he knows based on his previous RC days a long long time ago.. But times have changed, so were no too updated on these things..

I know those LRP engines are pretty fast, but what are they like compared to those JP Eagle and RB engines and such?

Thanks in advance guys..
Old 01-17-2009, 01:18 PM   #2471
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 83 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtopher_aaron View Post
Anyone ever put a Mugen with one of those LRP Z.12R Team Spec 4 Engines?

Any good?

I recently got one myself, but im still new to all this RC racing, its my first car and my dad help to build it and teaches me everything he knows based on his previous RC days a long long time ago.. But times have changed, so were no too updated on these things..

I know those LRP engines are pretty fast, but what are they like compared to those JP Eagle and RB engines and such?

Thanks in advance guys..
I have an LRP 12ZR Spec III. It's a decent engine. I don't think it has the top end that can compare with the Nova's and RB's. But it has gobs of torque. You could probally go up one tooth on your pinions and make up some of the lost top end. All in all a good engine; great for a club meet. A good engine for the novice. Just remember this is a picco based engine so keep your low end needle on the rich side and it scream for you.

Pass you soon...
Chicky fan club member #9
One Eighth Racers of Toledo
lil-bump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 01:32 PM   #2472
Tech Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to xtopher_aaron

Quote:
Originally Posted by lil-bump View Post
I have an LRP 12ZR Spec III. It's a decent engine. I don't think it has the top end that can compare with the Nova's and RB's. But it has gobs of torque. You could probally go up one tooth on your pinions and make up some of the lost top end. All in all a good engine; great for a club meet. A good engine for the novice. Just remember this is a picco based engine so keep your low end needle on the rich side and it scream for you.

Pass you soon...
Thanks for the word of advice buddy. Really appreciate it. The thing is, the only 2 tracks we have around here dont have any real monsters for straights like ive seen on youtube and such. Its moderately long, but not really as long as most of the ones ive seen.

I had one issue with gear stripping so i had to change up my gears, and i was told by my LHS to run with more tooth on the spurs, so i went one up on each spur. Its got mad acceleration now, but i havent really been able to check it out on the high end yet. I havent had the chance to visit the bigger track yet. Im afraid to do so with my simple AM radio. Im waiting for a DX3R i will get early next month hopefully.

Any advice on getting over nervousness while standing on the podium?

Thanks so much mate.. Really appreciate it..
Old 01-17-2009, 01:35 PM   #2473
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

That lrp is a decent ebgine but if you want some real horsepower!!!!!!! i have a motor for you that i will be willing to sell you for a really good price mmrbr3
HoboShop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 05:20 PM   #2474
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

one of the guys at our track had one of those, first race BALISTIC no1 could catch him, next race meet no power wouldnt tune, he took it apart and all the black coating was striped off. just make sure you run it in properly and use the fuel the hobby store recomend and run it in the same way as they tell you, so if something does go wrong the warranty is not void. (from what i know, here in Aus they have a warranty if you follow what the way they say)
==== Pro Buggy Rc, Pitsworth - for all my RC needs =====
NiTrO BoOsTeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 02:30 AM   #2475
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to stefan

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtopher_aaron View Post
Thanks for the word of advice buddy. Really appreciate it. The thing is, the only 2 tracks we have around here dont have any real monsters for straights like ive seen on youtube and such. Its moderately long, but not really as long as most of the ones ive seen.

I had one issue with gear stripping so i had to change up my gears, and i was told by my LHS to run with more tooth on the spurs, so i went one up on each spur. Its got mad acceleration now, but i havent really been able to check it out on the high end yet. I havent had the chance to visit the bigger track yet. Im afraid to do so with my simple AM radio. Im waiting for a DX3R i will get early next month hopefully.

Any advice on getting over nervousness while standing on the podium?

Thanks so much mate.. Really appreciate it..
Knowing all of the Picco derivates, I have to say that the LRP is the fastest of them. It has the most agressive timing too.

As with all Picco based engines, it has gobs of bottom end power and with the correct pipe it also has very good top speed. Therefore, you should run 18 teeth on your first gear pinion and depending on track size, go with 23 - 24 on second gear.
Accordingly, you can also go smaller on your spur gears, not bigger.

If you gear a Picco too low, it will be hard to control out of the corners, ruin your tires and wind out early on the straight.

Pipes: Picco 2607 for small to medium tracks, great bottom end, great fuel mileage, awesome sound :-)

IDM 2617/LRP 2644: for medium to long tracks, still good acceleration, great top end, fule consumption is a tad higher than with the 2607

As for the nervousness, I would recommend half a can of beer to calm you down a bit, but knowing that this would be an outcry at an American track, I won't

Eat a banana 10 minutes before you're up.
stefan is offline   Reply With Quote