Old 01-05-2009, 01:22 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

ok, thanks for that
Old 01-05-2009, 02:04 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by NiTrO BoOsTeR
ok, thanks for that
You are only allowed to use 3 engines during the Worlds, which are sealed by the tech inspectors. If you want to repair the engine, they will remove the seal, you repair in front of them and the reseal it.

The only two engine rules left are basically displacement and number of ports.
Old 01-05-2009, 02:08 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by HoboShop
The only thing that i am scared of is putting a picco motor in my car and having my car refuse to move because it was just disrespected by mounting such a slow motor in to it!

picco evo 3 red dot= $180.00 (slower!!!!!!!!!!)

picco evo 3 red dot tuned version= $270.00 (slow!!!!!!!!!)

murnan modified rb r3 rear ceramic= $500.00 (crazy fast!!!!!!!!!!)

jp eagle tl3-t full ceramic= $650.00 (stupid fast!!!!!!!!!)

Like with anything you get in life you get what you pay for
You are really making my RC-life miserable with those revelations. I just invested only 280 Euros in a Sirio XXX (full ceramic) engine with 2611 pipe.
Now you are telling me that if it's cheap, it'll be slow.

Holy crap, now I will have to trash that bundle and wait until the prices go back up.

Could you please give us the rest of your wisdom, before I spent any more money....
Old 01-05-2009, 11:02 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

If anyone thinks they can buy the SAME engine as the worlds was won with, they are wrong.....

Don't look at how fast the top guys engines are, you can't get that.

Look at how fast local guys engines are
on my track
Nova 12-3sct or JP eagle or 12-3SCT full murnan ceramic wins evey race and pulls on every straight
Old 01-05-2009, 12:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)

I have to agree
Old 01-05-2009, 12:43 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

It's really a bit of both, but more driving SKILL than absolute horsepower. If all things are equal skillwise, it may come down to who's a bit faster in the end. But we all know all things are not, and never will be, equal, at least at our level. You very well could have the fastest, most expensive motor in your car and scream down the straight. But if the guy beside you is a better driver, he's going to beat you with that red dot (or whatever lower prices, possibly slower motor he's using). Conversely, if you think his motor is faster than yours, the more skilled guy can switch cars with you and beat you with your own supposedly slower car.

If you can afford to have the fastest, most expensive motor in your car, and love the thrill of blowing past everyone down the straight, more power to you. But if you're lap times are still in the 24-26 second range, there may be some issues. And while that red dot may not be as fast as a MMRBR3, it's far from slow (and I don't even run one, so I'm not a fanboy sticking up for the motor, either).I saw one consistently in the A main last year in a field crowded with nova based motors (stock & mod).
Old 01-05-2009, 12:55 PM
Tech Elite

Motoring down the straight is the easiest way to cut down on lap times.....

It's pretty much a given that you still need to drive good...
Old 01-07-2009, 09:47 AM
Tech Fanatic

anyone knows the number of teeth for the belts?
Old 01-07-2009, 03:02 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Seisick
anyone knows the number of teeth for the belts?
I believe it's not important to to know how many teeth that are on the belt.
You need to fine out how many pitches(teeth) are per inch. That can be done pretty easily.

Pass you soon...
Old 01-07-2009, 07:51 PM
Tech Fanatic

hey fellas, i just built my mtx4 r and i just assumed something i shouldnt have i guess....i have a REX RER12 S3 standard shaft motor.....the mtx4 needs and SG shaft....i no in other car kits they usually give you a locknut or a locknut with an extension acting as the sg shaft would....if mugen makes one of these can someone please post a part number, it would save me from having to go out and buy another motor!

thanks a lot
Old 01-07-2009, 07:55 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by factory racer
hey fellas, i just built my mtx4 r and i just assumed something i shouldnt have i guess....i have a REX RER12 S3 standard shaft motor.....the mtx4 needs and SG shaft....i no in other car kits they usually give you a locknut or a locknut with an extension acting as the sg shaft would....if mugen makes one of these can someone please post a part number, it would save me from having to go out and buy another motor!

thanks a lot
i think you're going to need a new SG crankshaft at the very least....

Last edited by Baedarlboo; 01-07-2009 at 08:42 PM.
Old 01-08-2009, 10:13 AM
Tech Elite

thanks a lot
Factory Racer,

Where are you located - are you within the Socal area?

Anyway, find out if you can fit a REX RER S3 SG Crank on the Non SG motor you have. If the answer is yes, I'll give you an SG Crank (for free) from an RER motor I once race with.

I just want to help you get your new car up and running for now.

You may also PM Stefan in this forum. I'm sure he knows the answer to our SG Crank question.

Let me know!
Old 01-08-2009, 11:51 AM
Tech Fanatic

hey ron, yes the sg shaft will fit, i just would have to slide the standard crank out and swap it with the SG, i am not from socal though, actually pretty far from there ahha im from toronto canada....is there anyone who might know if mugen makes a nut with a shaft on it for standard cranks???

thanks for all your help
Old 01-08-2009, 12:06 PM
Tech Elite

hey ron, yes the sg shaft will fit, i just would have to slide the standard crank out and swap it with the SG, i am not from socal though, actually pretty far from there ahha im from toronto canada....is there anyone who might know if mugen makes a nut with a shaft on it for standard cranks???

thanks for all your help
Just take Ron's generous offer and pay him for shipping.
The extender is not a good way to run that engine in an on road car. They are never straight and will make your clutch wobble, which in turn will cause gear stripping.

Hey Ron, what else do have to give away for free?
Old 01-08-2009, 01:30 PM
Tech Elite

thanks for all your help
From what I understood is that. You can only use an sg shaft type engine with a centax clutch. I had a bunch of sport engines laying around when I first bought my MTX3. So I made of bunch of phone calls and found that to use a centax type clutch you have to use SG style crank

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.