R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-31-2008, 12:13 AM   #2251
Tech Master
 
MiamizFinest's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 1,040
Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)
Default

Quick Questions guys, was the tallest gearing made for the MTX4R that i can buy from mugen??? i dont use my mugen on the track i just mess around with it in a huge parking lot and im looking to get more speed


anyway one know the biggest pinions and smallest spurs combo made for the mugen??
__________________
-= Made In Dade =-
MiamizFinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 05:06 AM   #2252
Tech Elite
 
nitrobeast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Colonia, NJ
Posts: 2,340
Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamizFinest View Post
Quick Questions guys, was the tallest gearing made for the MTX4R that i can buy from mugen??? i dont use my mugen on the track i just mess around with it in a huge parking lot and im looking to get more speed


anyway one know the biggest pinions and smallest spurs combo made for the mugen??

1st=18/58
2nd=24/52

If you want a new 18t and 24t let me know, send me a PM. I have them brand new and ill probably never need them.
__________________
Rui Goncalves
Team CRC|Awesomatix USA|TQ Wire|
Jackson curbs, ready for lift off!
nitrobeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 10:28 AM   #2253
Tech Elite
 
JayL's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Ca
Posts: 2,880
Default

the kawahara 4mm PRO chassis is milled so it's only 1 gram heavier than the 3mm mugen and you can use a 1 piece mount....
JayL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 03:12 PM   #2254
Tech Master
 
gentleman81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: VA Baby
Posts: 1,657
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrobeast View Post
1st=18/58
2nd=24/52

If you want a new 18t and 24t let me know, send me a PM. I have them brand new and ill probably never need them.
bring em to 301 and put them to good use!
__________________
MTX4R/PICCO(Trophy Taker) - SERP 950/SIRIO(Board Breaker)
PHI '08 - to be announced.....
www.vorra.org - ironbridgesportspark.com - 301raceway*4LIFE*.com
gentleman81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 04:45 PM   #2255
Tech Master
 
MiamizFinest's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 1,040
Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrobeast View Post
1st=18/58
2nd=24/52

If you want a new 18t and 24t let me know, send me a PM. I have them brand new and ill probably never need them.

i feel kinda slow i ment to post my question on the 1/8 thread lol ooopppsss
__________________
-= Made In Dade =-
MiamizFinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 05:41 AM   #2256
Tech Fanatic
 
Seisick's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 845
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lil-bump View Post
Which one piece engine mount fit's the Mugen 4mm chassis?
mugen racing now has in stock both the kawahara k882s special 4mm chasis that allows to use any one piece engine mount as well as mugens own option 4mm chasis!
btw stay away from 3 racing one piece engine mount, they break
kawahara one piece engine mount is no longer available and mMOD is way too expensive, you can use skyline, yeah racing, or perhaps kyoshos

good luck
__________________
HobbymaniA
GoT MuGeN?
Seisick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 08:30 AM   #2257
Tech Fanatic
 
G87z's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Logan Township, NJ
Posts: 788
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seisick View Post
mugen racing now has in stock both the kawahara k882s special 4mm chasis that allows to use any one piece engine mount as well as mugens own option 4mm chasis!
btw stay away from 3 racing one piece engine mount, they break
kawahara one piece engine mount is no longer available and mMOD is way too expensive, you can use skyline, yeah racing, or perhaps kyoshos

good luck

Where do you see that they have them both in stock? They don't have anything listed on their online shop for the MTX4 unless they just updated it.
__________________
Team Shepherd USA / Picco Engines / Sanwa / Matrix Tires / Byrons Fuel / SRC
G87z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 08:53 AM   #2258
Tech Elite
 
lil-bump's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: The Cold Great Lakes
Posts: 2,963
Trader Rating: 83 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by G87z View Post
Where do you see that they have them both in stock? They don't have anything listed on their online shop for the MTX4 unless they just updated it.
Ditto.... And the last time I talk to Mugenusa they do not sell to the public. You have to go thru Nitrohouse and the do not list any Kawahara parts.
__________________
Elliott Hart
Serpent America
Desoto Racing Team
Chicky fan club member #9
One Eighth Racers of Toledo
lil-bump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 08:56 AM   #2259
Tech Elite
 
lil-bump's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: The Cold Great Lakes
Posts: 2,963
Trader Rating: 83 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seisick View Post
mugen racing now has in stock both the kawahara k882s special 4mm chasis that allows to use any one piece engine mount as well as mugens own option 4mm chasis!
btw stay away from 3 racing one piece engine mount, they break
kawahara one piece engine mount is no longer available and mMOD is way too expensive, you can use skyline, yeah racing, or perhaps kyoshos

good luck

To me the Kyosho one piece mount seems to have a different bolt pattern when matched up to a Mugen chassis 4mm or Kawahara 3mm chassis????
__________________
Elliott Hart
Serpent America
Desoto Racing Team
Chicky fan club member #9
One Eighth Racers of Toledo
lil-bump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 09:00 AM   #2260
Tech Fanatic
 
G87z's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Logan Township, NJ
Posts: 788
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lil-bump View Post
To me the Kyosho one piece mount seems to have a different bolt pattern when matched up to a Mugen chassis 4mm or Kawahara 3mm chassis????
I use the Kyosho 1 piece mount on the stock chassis with no problem. A few guys I know also use it. I have not had any problems with it. I am not sure how it will work with the 4mm chassis though.
__________________
Team Shepherd USA / Picco Engines / Sanwa / Matrix Tires / Byrons Fuel / SRC
G87z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 10:43 AM   #2261
Tech Elite
 
lil-bump's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: The Cold Great Lakes
Posts: 2,963
Trader Rating: 83 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by G87z View Post
I use the Kyosho 1 piece mount on the stock chassis with no problem. A few guys I know also use it. I have not had any problems with it. I am not sure how it will work with the 4mm chassis though.
When I mount the Kyosho one piece mount the bottom holes are off about a 1/3 of a hole. It will bolt up but not as exact as the original 2 piece engine mounts.
What's odd is the Kyosho one piece is lighter than the Mugen two piece.
__________________
Elliott Hart
Serpent America
Desoto Racing Team
Chicky fan club member #9
One Eighth Racers of Toledo
lil-bump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 11:32 AM   #2262
Tech Regular
 
musti72's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Turkey
Posts: 442
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lil-bump View Post
When I mount the Kyosho one piece mount the bottom holes are off about a 1/3 of a hole. It will bolt up but not as exact as the original 2 piece engine mounts.
What's odd is the Kyosho one piece is lighter than the Mugen two piece.
did you experienced any difficulties when meshing spur gears because of that with any engine?
musti72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 01:31 PM   #2263
Tech Elite
 
lil-bump's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: The Cold Great Lakes
Posts: 2,963
Trader Rating: 83 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by musti72 View Post
did you experienced any difficulties when meshing spur gears because of that with any engine?
Once I saw this; I nevered pursued the matter any further. I went back to the original two piece engine mounts. So I do not have any info on gear mesh.

Pass you soon...
__________________
Elliott Hart
Serpent America
Desoto Racing Team
Chicky fan club member #9
One Eighth Racers of Toledo
lil-bump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 03:29 PM   #2264
Tech Fanatic
 
G87z's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Logan Township, NJ
Posts: 788
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by musti72 View Post
did you experienced any difficulties when meshing spur gears because of that with any engine?

I had mesh problems with my MTX4-R and JLR Picco evo 3. I had to grind on the chassis holes a little bit, but this was with either mount. The stock or the kyosho. I think there was something wrong with my chassis as I posted pics of my problem and everyone that had the same engine/car combo did not have a problem. When is Mugen going to release a new version? That is what I am waiting on!
__________________
Team Shepherd USA / Picco Engines / Sanwa / Matrix Tires / Byrons Fuel / SRC
G87z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 05:22 AM   #2265
Tech Fanatic
 
Seisick's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 845
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lil-bump View Post
Once I saw this; I nevered pursued the matter any further. I went back to the original two piece engine mounts. So I do not have any info on gear mesh.

Pass you soon...
NOW I REMEMBER THAT KYOSHOS ONE PIECE ENGINE MOUNT LEFT ME
1 - 2 MM WAY BACK NO MATTER WHAT I DID, SO THE ENGINE GAP WAS TOO SMALL IF I USED A WASHER BEFORE THE FLYWHELL CONE
EASY FIX, MADE A SHIM OF 10X12X4 FROM LEXAN, I PLACED IT IN THE CLUTCH BELL BEFORE PUTTING IN THE SECOND GEAR PINION, AND ANOTHER BEFORE FIRST GEAR PINION WITH THIS PINION SCREWED REVERSE, IT GAVE ME PERFECT GEAR MESHING USING THE KYOSHOS AND NEVER HAD A PROBLE, I HELPD WHEN NO MATTER WHAT YOU DO, BETTERTHAN MILLING YOUR CHASIS

PICS IF NEEDED NO PROBLEM
__________________
HobbymaniA
GoT MuGeN?
Seisick is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
MUGEN MBX5R/MUGEN MBX5T PROSPEC/TRAXXAS RACE REVO Jason Halvorson R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 14 01-12-2008 10:32 AM
Mugen 5T Chassis, Mugen 46 Tooth Pinion, Associated Ride Height Gauge bretzkej R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 1 08-19-2007 06:31 PM
USA's Most Wanted FOR SALE Mugen MBX5R,Losi 8 comp, and Mugen MBX5T Prospec Truggy nobike R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 69 04-28-2007 07:45 PM
Another MTX3 prospec w lots of parts and an optional Mugen X12 w Mugen pipe Scott Fisher R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 11 11-21-2005 05:45 PM
drake xxx nt and mugen mst-1+extras......Looking for a kanai 2 or maybe mugen buggy [email protected] R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 5 06-30-2003 09:31 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 03:40 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net