Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

Mugen MTX-4R

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2007, 07:51 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by va_connoisseur
I have been reading about the second gear stripping problem and I wonder if a one piece motor mount would help. This should help keep the engine mounted more rigidly to the chassis as well as ensuring proper alignment. Any thought? I'm considering purchasing one along with my engine. Thanks.

=====================================

Just finished reading the MTX-4 section on www.nitrokb.com (Great site rmd), looks like I will be putting in an order for a one-piece engine mount

if you runnin the 4mm chassis ...the onepiece engine mount will not work
Old 06-05-2007, 08:10 AM
Tech Regular

Nope, running (or will be when I finish the build) the stock chassis. Who makes the one piece engine mount? KFactory or 3Racing?
Old 06-07-2007, 12:30 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

What manifold/pipe combo are you using?

I have the MTX4r with a OS12tg rear exhaust motor.

Cheers
Old 06-07-2007, 05:35 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Ashley Cobb
What manifold/pipe combo are you using?

I have the MTX4r with a OS12tg rear exhaust motor.

Cheers
Will be going with the JLR Red Dot. I have not picked a pipe header combo but I have some ideas.

Installation question...Do anyone have any suggestion of an easy method of attaching the steering rod to the servo saver in Step 45 of the manual? I could not find a way to get an allen wrench in there to hold the screw to tighten the bolt. Thanks in advanced
Old 06-07-2007, 06:41 AM
Tech Adept

Its a tight squeeze but all i did was move the steering fully to one side and used an allen key from underneath the chassis
Old 06-07-2007, 10:59 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Nitro$junkie
I like this one the best
Hi, what make is this bodyshell from/of?
Old 06-07-2007, 11:15 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Arahawak
Hi, what make is this bodyshell from/of?
Active Hobby
ATENZA SR (200mm) - Part #ART059
Old 06-07-2007, 12:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Will be going with the JLR Red Dot. I have not picked a pipe header combo but I have some ideas.

Installation question...Do anyone have any suggestion of an easy method of attaching the steering rod to the servo saver in Step 45 of the manual? I could not find a way to get an allen wrench in there to hold the screw to tighten the bolt. Thanks in advanced
I can't use the reddot because it's quoted horsepower is 1.6hp - have to keep it under 1hp for gas tourer class in australia,

bump for my exhaust question, I am thinking this OS combo should do the trick

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXKBH5&P=M

cheers
Old 06-07-2007, 01:07 PM
Tech Adept

Ahhh I've just checked the manual where you are up to - yep this is really difficult I think I used a allen key to get at but I've found it much easier to leave the servo saver attached to the top deck and remove the steering arms when I take the top deck off - this means you unscrew the servo saver from the bottom of the chassis rather than the top deck. Much easier and you the bearings don't drop out.
Old 06-07-2007, 05:03 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by ShrekNZ
Ahhh I've just checked the manual where you are up to - yep this is really difficult I think I used a allen key to get at but I've found it much easier to leave the servo saver attached to the top deck and remove the steering arms when I take the top deck off - this means you unscrew the servo saver from the bottom of the chassis rather than the top deck. Much easier and you the bearings don't drop out.
Yeah Shrek, I figured that one out after a lot of trial and error, I figured out the method you described. That was way more diffuclt then it needed to be.
Old 06-07-2007, 06:26 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

actually its the SP-R version part number ART030-2
the difference is the SR dose not have the sharp lines in the front bar or along the A pillar like the SP-R

Originally Posted by rmdhawaii
Active Hobby
ATENZA SR (200mm) - Part #ART059
Old 06-21-2007, 09:02 PM
Tech Regular

Still waiting on the engine. It's been so popular, the hobby shop is out of stock. While I am waiting, I have a question, have any of you upgraded the shock towers to the 4mm version? Aside from additional crash protection, does it add anything to the stability of the car?

Also, is the clutch tool a need to have (will make your life a lot easier) or a nice to have (can live without it)
Old 06-21-2007, 09:16 PM
Tech Rookie

get the clutch tool!!! sooo much easier. To get it on you need to push against the strength of the spring and catch the thread at the same time is very difficult without it. Once it's on it wouldn't be too bad without one.
Old 06-21-2007, 09:34 PM
Tech Regular

Thanks for the info. Another question, is there a significant difference between the Hudy and Integy set-up boards? I know there is a big difference between the two in price and I have no problem if the Hudy is really that much better
Old 06-21-2007, 09:58 PM
Tech Rookie

anything is better than an eyecrometer.
I think alot of it comes down to the user.
I borrow the Hudy system, but the integy system looks good.
make sure you also get downstop gauge, and supports.
Very important, couldn't see it in the system on stormer.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.