Mugen MTX-4R

You're on Page 108 of 262
Go to
  • Quote: LISTEN VADER!!that so called jibber is straight out of the(DARKSIDE) emanual OOPS!!!
    Tomas doesn't need a manual as he already knows it all, remember?
    Maybe Tomas will turn up on sunday with his shocks mounted up side down!
    He seemed to think that they worked better that way! (True Story!!)
  • Quote: Tomas doesn't need a manual as he already knows it all, remember?
    Maybe Tomas will turn up on sunday with his shocks mounted up side down!
    He seemed to think that they worked better that way! (True Story!!)
    Have you check his website b ?

http://www.rcunderground.net/

It's weird rc website ...... nothing about rc cars nor rc articles

Instead I found few videos / articles of anti president Bush, and some other un-interesting politic topics, including the crazy dog Hugo Chaves..... Damn it .... it's boring.

And I don't want go to dark side ..... it's lame...., it's evil. :
  • Quote: Have you check his website b ?

Instead I found few videos / articles of anti president Bush, and some other un-interesting politic topics, including the crazy dog Hugo Chaves..... Damn it .... it's boring.

Gee i thought the only way that site (rc underground) lets you enter,was if your car pulls badly to the ''LEFT'' OOPS!!!
  • Quote: Have you check his website b ?

i don't expect someone who doesn't know how to spell Chavez, to understand the site, it would be good though if you were open to ideas outside of the narrow confines of your limited knowledge....if you know about the history of Latin America and my parents country (Argentina) you would understand why politics to me is so important

anyway, mugen suck! i know, i used to own one Graham, look out, i had two months of racing just to let you catch up....do i have to take you to school again next clubby or what!?
  • Isn't Argentina were those pesky little ants come from we used to collect as kids for a reward
  • Quote: Isn't Argentina were those pesky little ants come from we used to collect as kids for a reward
    actually cane toads come from Argentina lol they were initially brought here to stop some pest, and they became a plague lol....true! yeah and probably those ants as well.
  • Hope you don't bred like the Cane toads do, we have enough troubles trying to controll you let alone thousands of little Tom Toads running wild
  • Quote: i don't expect someone who doesn't know how to spell Chavez, to understand the site, it would be good though if you were open to ideas outside of the narrow confines of your limited knowledge....if you know about the history of Latin America and my parents country (Argentina) you would understand why politics to me is so important

anyway, mugen suck! i know, i used to own one Graham, look out, i had two months of racing just to let you catch up....do i have to take you to school again next clubby or what!?
    Seriously Tom.... do you really use shock absorber up side down in your NT1 ?
  • Shifting
    Hi guys
    Just come over to an mtx4 from my g4 .. having a problem getting the car to shift consistently from 1st to 2nd.
    I notice a shifting problem has been referred to here .. Can anyone enlighten me regarding this problem and suggest a possible remedy.
    Many thanks
    Pip
  • Quote: Hi guys
    Just come over to an mtx4 from my g4 .. having a problem getting the car to shift consistently from 1st to 2nd.
    I notice a shifting problem has been referred to here .. Can anyone enlighten me regarding this problem and suggest a possible remedy.
    Many thanks
    Pip
    Have you driving the car consistently ? Coz, driving inconsistently also make the shifting point different or scattered.

Anyway, this is what I did to my car ( see attachment ). With this idea , you can forget 2speed clutch maintenance ( 2 years in my case ), because the balls are not there anymore. Simply replace the balls with longer grub screws, and you are set.

Nothing wrong with MTX4 car. BTW, Good transformation..... Welcome to MTX4 thread.

Mine is shifting gear consistently ( as long as I drive the car consistent too ).

Mugen MTX-4R-2speed.jpg  

• some would argue not!!

Its a real problem.. i was at the track today and did a run to warm up shifting was ok .. fitted new tyres gassed up and went out again and hey presto no shift at all ...
    after this i decided to rebuild the 2 speed as per the mugen book .. even though this proved to be way off .. i wound out the screws half a turn at a time until they fouled the carrier .. still no shift... despite the motor screaming its arse off.

decided now to refit the clutch to the motor with shims behind the flywheel so i can use less behing the thrust bearing ... back to basics .. then get back to the 2speed

grateful for any more opinions .. thanks all
  • Quote: some would argue not!!

Its a real problem.. i was at the track today and did a run to warm up shifting was ok .. fitted new tyres gassed up and went out again and hey presto no shift at all ...
    after this i decided to rebuild the 2 speed as per the mugen book .. even though this proved to be way off .. i wound out the screws half a turn at a time until they fouled the carrier .. still no shift... despite the motor screaming its arse off.

decided now to refit the clutch to the motor with shims behind the flywheel so i can use less behing the thrust bearing ... back to basics .. then get back to the 2speed

grateful for any more opinions .. thanks all
    Ok, for starters no engap more than 0.10,. secondly rebuild two speed making sure all ajustments are even, next enlarge shoes with small grubs untill just not binding on two speed case. Some times bell hits two speed if not set up crrectly.
  • Quote: Seriously Tom.... do you really use shock absorber up side down in your NT1 ?
    no, but i tried it on my mtx3 long time ago
  • Quote: no, but i tried it on my mtx3 long time ago
    Didn't Mugen redesign their car using your testing data?
  • Shock oil questing
    How does Mugen measure their shock oil? Are the shock oils rated in CTS (Centi-strokes)?

Thanks