Like Tree1Likes

Mugen MTX-4R

Reply

Old 06-05-2008, 05:07 AM
  #1606  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (2)
 
itchy b's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: In My Man Cave
Posts: 4,144
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Gseventeen View Post
LISTEN VADER!!that so called jibber is straight out of the(DARKSIDE) emanual OOPS!!!
Tomas doesn't need a manual as he already knows it all, remember?
Maybe Tomas will turn up on sunday with his shocks mounted up side down!
He seemed to think that they worked better that way! (True Story!!)
itchy b is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 01:42 PM
  #1607  
Tech Champion
 
asw7576's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 5,792
Default

Originally Posted by itchy b View Post
Tomas doesn't need a manual as he already knows it all, remember?
Maybe Tomas will turn up on sunday with his shocks mounted up side down!
He seemed to think that they worked better that way! (True Story!!)
Have you check his website b ?

http://www.rcunderground.net/

It's weird rc website ...... nothing about rc cars nor rc articles

Instead I found few videos / articles of anti president Bush, and some other un-interesting politic topics, including the crazy dog Hugo Chaves..... Damn it .... it's boring.

And I don't want go to dark side ..... it's lame...., it's evil. :
asw7576 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 10:27 PM
  #1608  
Tech Regular
 
Gseventeen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 380
Default

Originally Posted by asw7576 View Post
Have you check his website b ?

http://www.rcunderground.net/

It's weird rc website ...... nothing about rc cars nor rc articles

Instead I found few videos / articles of anti president Bush, and some other un-interesting politic topics, including the crazy dog Hugo Chaves..... Damn it .... it's boring.

And I don't want go to dark side ..... it's lame...., it's evil. :
Gee i thought the only way that site (rc underground) lets you enter,was if your car pulls badly to the ''LEFT'' OOPS!!!
Gseventeen is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 02:42 AM
  #1609  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (10)
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: www.moorebankraceway.com
Posts: 5,119
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by asw7576 View Post
Have you check his website b ?

http://www.rcunderground.net/

It's weird rc website ...... nothing about rc cars nor rc articles

Instead I found few videos / articles of anti president Bush, and some other un-interesting politic topics, including the crazy dog Hugo Chaves..... Damn it .... it's boring.

And I don't want go to dark side ..... it's lame...., it's evil. :

i don't expect someone who doesn't know how to spell Chavez, to understand the site, it would be good though if you were open to ideas outside of the narrow confines of your limited knowledge....if you know about the history of Latin America and my parents country (Argentina) you would understand why politics to me is so important

anyway, mugen suck! i know, i used to own one Graham, look out, i had two months of racing just to let you catch up....do i have to take you to school again next clubby or what!?
TomB is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 04:00 AM
  #1610  
Tech Master
iTrader: (25)
 
Mugenville's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 1,176
Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Default

Isn't Argentina were those pesky little ants come from we used to collect as kids for a reward
Mugenville is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 04:23 AM
  #1611  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (10)
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: www.moorebankraceway.com
Posts: 5,119
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Mugenville View Post
Isn't Argentina were those pesky little ants come from we used to collect as kids for a reward
actually cane toads come from Argentina lol they were initially brought here to stop some pest, and they became a plague lol....true! yeah and probably those ants as well.
TomB is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 04:34 AM
  #1612  
Tech Master
iTrader: (25)
 
Mugenville's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 1,176
Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Default

Hope you don't bred like the Cane toads do, we have enough troubles trying to controll you let alone thousands of little Tom Toads running wild
Mugenville is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 11:48 AM
  #1613  
Tech Champion
 
asw7576's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 5,792
Default

Originally Posted by TomB View Post
i don't expect someone who doesn't know how to spell Chavez, to understand the site, it would be good though if you were open to ideas outside of the narrow confines of your limited knowledge....if you know about the history of Latin America and my parents country (Argentina) you would understand why politics to me is so important

anyway, mugen suck! i know, i used to own one Graham, look out, i had two months of racing just to let you catch up....do i have to take you to school again next clubby or what!?
Seriously Tom.... do you really use shock absorber up side down in your NT1 ?
asw7576 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 12:05 PM
  #1614  
Tech Regular
 
getpip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 369
Cool Shifting

Hi guys
Just come over to an mtx4 from my g4 .. having a problem getting the car to shift consistently from 1st to 2nd.
I notice a shifting problem has been referred to here .. Can anyone enlighten me regarding this problem and suggest a possible remedy.
Many thanks
Pip
getpip is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 12:34 PM
  #1615  
Tech Champion
 
asw7576's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 5,792
Default

Originally Posted by getpip View Post
Hi guys
Just come over to an mtx4 from my g4 .. having a problem getting the car to shift consistently from 1st to 2nd.
I notice a shifting problem has been referred to here .. Can anyone enlighten me regarding this problem and suggest a possible remedy.
Many thanks
Pip
Have you driving the car consistently ? Coz, driving inconsistently also make the shifting point different or scattered.

Anyway, this is what I did to my car ( see attachment ). With this idea , you can forget 2speed clutch maintenance ( 2 years in my case ), because the balls are not there anymore. Simply replace the balls with longer grub screws, and you are set.

Nothing wrong with MTX4 car. BTW, Good transformation..... Welcome to MTX4 thread.

Mine is shifting gear consistently ( as long as I drive the car consistent too ).
Attached Thumbnails Mugen MTX-4R-2speed.jpg  
asw7576 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 05:12 PM
  #1616  
Tech Regular
 
getpip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 369
Default

some would argue not!!

Its a real problem.. i was at the track today and did a run to warm up shifting was ok .. fitted new tyres gassed up and went out again and hey presto no shift at all ...
after this i decided to rebuild the 2 speed as per the mugen book .. even though this proved to be way off .. i wound out the screws half a turn at a time until they fouled the carrier .. still no shift... despite the motor screaming its arse off.

decided now to refit the clutch to the motor with shims behind the flywheel so i can use less behing the thrust bearing ... back to basics .. then get back to the 2speed

grateful for any more opinions .. thanks all
getpip is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 06:04 PM
  #1617  
Tech Regular
 
Gseventeen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 380
Default

Originally Posted by getpip View Post
some would argue not!!

Its a real problem.. i was at the track today and did a run to warm up shifting was ok .. fitted new tyres gassed up and went out again and hey presto no shift at all ...
after this i decided to rebuild the 2 speed as per the mugen book .. even though this proved to be way off .. i wound out the screws half a turn at a time until they fouled the carrier .. still no shift... despite the motor screaming its arse off.

decided now to refit the clutch to the motor with shims behind the flywheel so i can use less behing the thrust bearing ... back to basics .. then get back to the 2speed

grateful for any more opinions .. thanks all
Ok, for starters no engap more than 0.10,. secondly rebuild two speed making sure all ajustments are even, next enlarge shoes with small grubs untill just not binding on two speed case. Some times bell hits two speed if not set up crrectly.
Gseventeen is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 05:09 AM
  #1618  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (10)
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: www.moorebankraceway.com
Posts: 5,119
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by asw7576 View Post
Seriously Tom.... do you really use shock absorber up side down in your NT1 ?
no, but i tried it on my mtx3 long time ago
TomB is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 05:31 AM
  #1619  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (2)
 
itchy b's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: In My Man Cave
Posts: 4,144
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by TomB View Post
no, but i tried it on my mtx3 long time ago
Didn't Mugen redesign their car using your testing data?
itchy b is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 08:38 PM
  #1620  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (4)
 
StewartFan20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Grrrrr!!!!
Posts: 693
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Shock oil questing

How does Mugen measure their shock oil? Are the shock oils rated in CTS (Centi-strokes)?

Thanks
StewartFan20 is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service