R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 04-09-2007, 05:03 PM   #16
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artificial-I
Whoa thats wild. I just paid $35 for the adapter and that was it , got 3 free tracks. Drift Track , Oval and one other.

I also bought a few tracks that seemed close to what I run or where I run. Drives ok , its supposed to get better and better. Its now having trouble with Vista that they should fix soon.
just like me- you got in before all the fee's really kicked in. you just have to buy tracks and pay for online events right?

you should check out the Ontario 1/8 Club in Canada. click VRC clubs by your profile info and then select Canada on the right side of the next screen. Join up and run some of our club races- it's free. Email Gary who runs the club and he'll set you up with the log-in info. we have about three events going right now. it was crazy mad right before the winternat's... everyone was on there running the events.
BYRON'S FUEL/TWISTER TIRES
cdelong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 05:52 PM   #17
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max K
VRC is a great sim!!! It has helped me be more consistent in my real driving!!

Max K
Boy that is understatment... Max is fast.....

Digi3Dworks - 3D printing for the medical Field.
bvoltz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 06:11 PM   #18
Tech Adept

I have to say that for someone in my situation, it's worth every penny. I bought the cd from rc-mart and the adapter at the same time and it ran me 120.00$ u.s.

My situation: no rc racing from October until may. With the sim, I've kept the hand and have actually improved my driving somewhat. I'm more consistent. With the rc club option, i raced every weekend since that option came out. It's certain that the sim is not perfect, but they are improving it and version 4 is on it's way.

8 months of rc racing for 120$. I do not call that expensive at all. Just think of how much money you spend over one weekend of racing.
charlesd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 06:45 PM   #19
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlesd
I have to say that for someone in my situation, it's worth every penny. I bought the cd from rc-mart and the adapter at the same time and it ran me 120.00$ u.s.

My situation: no rc racing from October until may. With the sim, I've kept the hand and have actually improved my driving somewhat. I'm more consistent. With the rc club option, i raced every weekend since that option came out. It's certain that the sim is not perfect, but they are improving it and version 4 is on it's way.

8 months of rc racing for 120$. I do not call that expensive at all. Just think of how much money you spend over one weekend of racing.

Chris Kemper
Osiris 75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 08:35 AM   #20
Tech Elite

Location: Mahwah, NJ.. USA!! ..... Home of http://www.fastharry.com
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via Skype™ to fastharry™

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastharry
I'm the same....and I won't pay to buy all this stuff they want..spend the money on FORZA 2 for x box(or PGR)you can hone your driving skills(....and its ALL hand eye traing anyway) against REAL opponents.....not some stupid AI....

thank god Beirvots left Serpent...

And I'll tell you something else...If they had any smarts,they'd stop wasting their money on a SINGLE PLAYER sim,and put out a console version for the 360....where you could run Rc races with other opponents online....plus downloadable tracks in the live marketplace...

half the people buying VR don't even have enough computer to run the damn thing.....whats gonna happen when they(VR) try to go online multiplayer in the future?

Stupid......10 milliion xbox's sold to RC's core age group,and VR is jerkin around on a single player PC Rc sim...
fastharry™ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 12:29 PM   #21
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Racing4Evo

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastharry
And I'll tell you something else...If they had any smarts,they'd stop wasting their money on a SINGLE PLAYER sim,and put out a console version for the 360....where you could run Rc races with other opponents online....plus downloadable tracks in the live marketplace...

half the people buying VR don't even have enough computer to run the damn thing.....whats gonna happen when they(VR) try to go online multiplayer in the future?

Stupid......10 milliion xbox's sold to RC's core age group,and VR is jerkin around on a single player PC Rc sim...
First of all you need a market for the game that is big enough to cover game development costs. RC simulators will not be very popular I'm guessing.

Secondly, who do you think is making this game? EA, Activision? The makers of VRC don't have the millions of dollars to spend on game development. They are practically working out the garage compared to real game companies.
Racing4Evo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 01:10 PM   #22
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

I picked it up with the usb adapter and I like it, it was a real steep learning curve coming from electric TC racing because you use so much less throttle, but I feel like it's made me more consistent and more adept to letting off a little to make the car rotate It would be nice to have an option to setup a timed single player race, I cannot play the game in the "outside" default view even on an widescreen 17" monitor I have to use the behind the car view which you can't use in online races.
Old 04-10-2007, 08:24 PM   #23
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Raydee

Well I just bought the USB adapter off a racing buddy of mine today and will try it out in the next few days. If I like it I will buy the program and the tracks.
Raydee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 08:45 PM   #24
Tech Adept

I've not played VRC for about a year now, but was invited into one of the early beta testers for it, Aug-04 i think it must have been, and i have to agree its a little disappointing the sudden change of gameplan with the membership, but at the same time you have to look at it realistically.

VRC isnt a computer game (and it sure as hell wont be on no god damn Xbox or PS3!) so there shouldnt be any comparison to them, if you want to play boy racer on the 360 or PS3 then thats great, but VRC is a tool and a valuable one at that. The main thing it provides is the hand-eye training and with your own controller you'd use to race with that can be invaluable, it gives you the mindset you need for this class of racing, and what peices that dont relate to your normal class can still be helpful, it opens your mind to different experiences/possibilities and makes you think about things differently.

Its something that simulates our expensive hobby, and i'd agree it'd be a hell of a lot better if this was cheap because we'd all appreciate a break from the costs, and possibly many many more people would use VRC, but it is what it is. It may pass as a nice little game for some, but that isnt its primary goal, it isnt looking to mass market to 'kids' or people looking for a laugh or something to pass the time till the next game comes out, its a complex peice of software and while it isnt 100% accurately replicating the experience there are many possitives to take from it.

Just remember it isnt a game, and the pricing rules do not apply to it as if it was a game. Its made for the enthusiast not the casual gamer.
PaulC2K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 11:24 PM   #25
Tech Adept

My problem was never the usefulness of the software, it was more the packaging. Changing the format to include 10 tracks when all you really need is a couple was really unappealing. Especially when you could buy them one at a time previously. The software itself is awesome, unfortunately my old computer didn't have the graphic horsepower to handle it (worked fine until they updated to the newer version). So I quit playing for a while. Then when I got a new computer, I tried to install it and all my tracks were locked and found out you had to buy the 10 track package. This after buying a rather expensive usb adapter that was out of stock for months. Needless to say I was not happy.

I am happy to see though, that they have listened to those of us who thought this way, and they responded by offering a 2 track price with Oslo free and another track of your choice. Plus a 6 month on-line racing license. This is going at 29 dollars.

Now if they can work out the Windows Vista bugs I'll be racing on my lunch break at work.
Old 04-10-2007, 11:29 PM   #26
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdelong
I downloaded the original version before it was a "pay for a membership" deal and got grandfathered. Everyone who signed up before it became a fee based Sim only has to pay for new tracks.
They told me that was option was offered when I complained a while back, but I never got the memo. I guess my SPAM filter must have blocked my VRC e-mails.
Old 04-11-2007, 01:23 AM   #27
Tech Elite

I have been using VRC and selling it locally to RC racers,
While it may not have the excitement of a game for some for the enthusiasts its a worthwhile tool and should be looked at in this way.
Sure its expensive but hey what isnt in our hobby especially if you want to be competitive.

With VRC you have the convenience of practicing indoors ,dont have wear and tear to worry about.
A few of my customers have hobby shops and use it to promote rc gas racing by giving there customers an idea to what is involved and what to expect.
We even suggest that new guys to the hobby who are getting kitted out buy VRC as part of the new kit to get practice and aquianted to setup and close driving in respective class they will be racing in.

2 biggest improvements i have noticed after running VRC myself and from responses from customers has been the vast improvement in driving and the savings in abuse to the equipment from practicing due to the improved driving.
TOP Racing Scythe, SP 4.5 V2, Hobbywing Xerun 120SD 2.0
TOP Racing Scythe, SP 13.5, Hobbywing Xerun 120SD 2.0
razzor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 02:04 AM   #28
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via MSN to MaDaGAS CAR

so i guess this is the official vrc thread then if so wats every1s favourite tracks and cars
MaDaGAS CAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 02:54 AM   #29
Tech Elite

Seeing you asked what our fav tracks are.
Mine are :

Kakegawa ,Tamiya track.
and
Fort Meyers.
Fav car is G4 of course pity no G4S
next Fav is Serpent 960
TOP Racing Scythe, SP 4.5 V2, Hobbywing Xerun 120SD 2.0
TOP Racing Scythe, SP 13.5, Hobbywing Xerun 120SD 2.0
razzor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 03:12 AM   #30
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via MSN to MaDaGAS CAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by razzor
Seeing you asked what our fav tracks are.
Mine are :

Kakegawa ,Tamiya track.
and
Fort Meyers.
Fav car is G4 of course pity no G4S
next Fav is Serpent 960
i dont like the g4 in the game
i use the v one rrr
and mrx4
wat sort of times do u average around kakegawa, and how many laps u get in with a 5min time bracket ??
MaDaGAS CAR is offline   Reply With Quote