R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 04-03-2003, 09:20 PM   #1
Tech Adept

Send a message via AIM to AndrewtheRCman
Default whats your take on the V1RR??

well i got the pixy running and i have found my competition. 4 V1RRs

1 with a CVX (not a challenge)
1 with a CVR( challenge, but if theres a strait, oh well too bad too sad)

but the other 2... one has a mugen MT12 and the other as an engine wont tell me....probably a sirio but he claims he will eat me alive

are the V1RRs good?

i have a NTC3 im gonna be racing with
AndrewtheRCman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2003, 10:16 PM   #2
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Check here http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthre...464#post322464

All 6,500+ posts
elnitro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2003, 10:22 PM   #3
Tech Adept

Your going to be eatin' alive!

Heh nah who knows.
xGSiR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2003, 03:49 PM   #4
Tech Adept

lol, thanx for the vote

hopefuly i can hook up my car before the race, totally blow them away

as it is now it would be murdered, but mine is still box stock except my rossi.....
Old 04-04-2003, 11:01 PM   #5
Tech Master

Send a message via ICQ to sausage_link

Alot depends on the driver... the guy with the CVX could eat you alive... you never know until you try
sausage_link is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2003, 11:30 PM   #6
Tech Regular

Default Hmmm....

Well a lot does depend on the driver. But as far as setup for setup, the V One RR's can hold their own. They are very stiff vehicles and you can drop a huge power plant in them and the car can eat it up and ask for more. Going up against a TC3, well you have the drive train advantage, but the V One RR is a close second. As in the V One R/RR has the most free drive train of any belt driven sedan out. The TC3 is quick but is fragile. Not to say that the V one RR is indestrucable but it can take quite a beating. Overall....everyone has their good and bad days no matter what car they drive or how well they drive it!
Bounty Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2003, 01:00 AM   #7
Tech Adept

no no no, you dont understand, the CVX guy is NO PROBLEM! heck he isnt even building his car. the LHS "shop pro"(has had some pretty idiotic ideas ironically) is building the car for him and tuning it. the driver is a n00b beyond n00bs who has the LHS work on his car....thought the LHSs arguement is "well how many of your cars work right now"(money doesnt grow on trees for me so i have 2 of my 3 regular drivers running)

anyways i gotta ask, how do i hae the drivetrain advantage ? another thing my LHS argued to me with, claiming 20% of my power was robbed in that drive train...how? i didnt ask...the explaination might be more idiotic then the statement

PS: before you answer, realize that the LHS has asked me to work there like 5 times and has sometimes asked me tech questions while i was in to pickup parts

before this thread i knew nothing of the VoneRR, just that it was light weight and has some goodies at stock....thogh according to my LHS is the best made.....ill believe it when one can beat me once i totally tune my car
Old 04-05-2003, 01:42 AM   #8
Tech Master

Send a message via ICQ to sausage_link

in my opion the RR would have the drivetrain advantage... because with shaft drive you get alot of torque steer
sausage_link is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2003, 06:06 AM   #9
Tech Regular

Default Hmmm.....

Quote:
Originally posted by AndrewtheRCman
no no no, you dont understand, the CVX guy is NO PROBLEM! heck he isnt even building his car. the LHS "shop pro"(has had some pretty idiotic ideas ironically) is building the car for him and tuning it. the driver is a n00b beyond n00bs who has the LHS work on his car....thought the LHSs arguement is "well how many of your cars work right now"(money doesnt grow on trees for me so i have 2 of my 3 regular drivers running)

anyways i gotta ask, how do i hae the drivetrain advantage ? another thing my LHS argued to me with, claiming 20% of my power was robbed in that drive train...how? i didnt ask...the explaination might be more idiotic then the statement

PS: before you answer, realize that the LHS has asked me to work there like 5 times and has sometimes asked me tech questions while i was in to pickup parts

before this thread i knew nothing of the VoneRR, just that it was light weight and has some goodies at stock....thogh according to my LHS is the best made.....ill believe it when one can beat me once i totally tune my car
What I meant by drivetrain advantage is that if you are comparing to other belt drive cars such as the Yokomo GT4, Mugen MTX-2/3, and possibly even the Serpent 705, the V One RR has the freeest drive train amoungst them.

Now when I am referring to the NTC3, it has an even more efficient drive train because it runs on a shaft. However, it does take a different driving style to drive the car as the drive train tends to not slowdown the car as much as a belt drive car. In effect it takes less power to get the NTC3 to the same speed as the Vone RR.

Also your local hobby shop told you that the V One RR is the best built. I would have to agree, mine assembled with ZERO hand fit. As far as it being light? Well that is where they are mistaken. My primary V One RR currently weighs in at about 69 ounces. Thats over a half a pound over the ROAR minimum. It is pretty hard to shave weight on this sucker. Anyways I hope this info helps!
Bounty Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2003, 06:58 PM   #10
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I've had nothign bad to say about the V1R. Mine went together with no hand fitting. Plus, its very durable and can handle as much Horsepower you can throw into it. Handles like a dream too. It is a tank though, but I can;t really feel it so I have no idea why I'm complaining about it!

-Sushi Boy
Old 04-05-2003, 11:05 PM   #11
Tech Adept

by best built they ment best preformer
Old 04-05-2003, 11:21 PM   #12
Tech Adept

Don't worry you just have to see on race day really.

Driver skills are most important
xGSiR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2003, 11:32 PM   #13
Tech Adept

i think your right, they will probably suck, one guy doesnt lik because of the gas tank and how as the race goes on a side of the car gets lighter(making a quarter of a half of a half a differece inyou cars handling)

and the other one that is gonna eat me alive has to have his car balanced before every race. even if he has only driven it once

i didnt wanna insult them by claiming that if they had that many excuses, they would totally suckand have no reason but to accept it....and believe me they have one for every finger and toe on me