Community
Wiki Posts
Search

.21 engine decision

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2007, 12:36 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default .21 engine decision

I need a new motor for my mrx4-r and narrowed it down to 3. Any inputs to help my decision is appreciated. Thanks...

1. Murnan Modified Novarossi 35+21 Circuit 9 Port On Road ($619)

2. Murnan Modified RB Xenon R.21

3. Murnan Modified Ninja R01 On Road Version 2 New Rod
-- Wario
Old 04-06-2007, 01:50 PM

Me personally for those prices I can easily buy 2 Picco P9 EVO 9- Port, w/SG Shaft. I've seen these motors run at my local racetrack in Socal at major races and all I've ever heard and seen about them is all GOOD things. I believe these motors only run for $289.00 at Nitrohouse give em a call. But I can't persuade you but if you can just see how this engine performs you will truely appreciate it, in all aspects from performance to affordability.. Another engine you mentioned was the Ninja MR01 A, I actually own one myself and alot of the Mugen drivers here in Socal runs em like there's no tomorrow and believe me they got power and I think you'll be happy with a stock one. I've seen these mototrs go head to head on a 45 min A main expert class and boy they can hang with engines like the JP engines and the Novarossi 35+21 stock and the JP versions but like I said if you got money to dump then by all means handle you're business.
Old 04-06-2007, 02:20 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Fred P
Me personally for those prices I can easily buy 2 Picco P9 EVO 9- Port, w/SG Shaft. I've seen these motors run at my local racetrack in Socal at major races and all I've ever heard and seen about them is all GOOD things. I believe these motors only run for $289.00 at Nitrohouse give em a call. But I can't persuade you but if you can just see how this engine performs you will truely appreciate it, in all aspects from performance to affordability.. Another engine you mentioned was the Ninja MR01 A, I actually own one myself and alot of the Mugen drivers here in Socal runs em like there's no tomorrow and believe me they got power and I think you'll be happy with a stock one. I've seen these mototrs go head to head on a 45 min A main expert class and boy they can hang with engines like the JP engines and the Novarossi 35+21 stock and the JP versions but like I said if you got money to dump then by all means handle you're business.
Really! that is half the price of the ones I was looking at. I will look into it. Having a engine and pipe that is race legal is a non-issue. It is just my friends and myself for bragging rights. The reason why I created a new thread instead of posting in the Murnan Engine thread was so I can get opinions from non- Murnan owners. One more engine I'm keeping an eye out for is Novarossi 359 that Murnan is geeting its hands on. I don't know the $$ on it yet.

-- Wario

Last edited by wario69; 04-06-2007 at 02:38 PM.
Old 04-06-2007, 02:49 PM
Tech Master

The MurnanModifieds are, simply put, awesome. I know the 35Plus21, I've heard "Grinder" say has incredible power, but that was before the Ninja's came out.

Ask Uriah, (Grinder) he'll give you his honest opinion on which is best.
Old 04-06-2007, 03:20 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by theRED5
The MurnanModifieds are, simply put, awesome. I know the 35Plus21, I've heard "Grinder" say has incredible power, but that was before the Ninja's came out.

Ask Uriah, (Grinder) he'll give you his honest opinion on which is best.
It's no secret that the 35+21 is a proven winner, I'm wondering myself how the cheaper Ninja's stack up to it. The Ninja's are fast becoming more and more popular.

-- Wario
Old 04-06-2007, 03:34 PM
kyosho_driver

Go big or go home
Murnan Modified Novarossi 35+21 Drag Mod .

Old 04-06-2007, 03:39 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by kyosho_driver
Go big or go home
Murnan Modified Novarossi 35+21 Drag Mod .
If you don't care about getting any kind of runtime
Old 04-06-2007, 03:49 PM
kyosho_driver

Originally Posted by Dredd
Thats true.

Old 04-06-2007, 03:53 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Dredd
Actually, I do care to have runtime. LOL! That drag should have some insane pull. I don't know anybody here are personally who have the drag version.

-- Wario
Old 04-06-2007, 04:07 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by wario69
Actually, I do care to have runtime. LOL! That drag should have some insane pull. I don't know anybody here are personally who have the drag version.

-- Wario
Supposed to suck fuel like your fuel bottle from the gallon jug (well, not quite )
Old 04-06-2007, 04:22 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Ive ran all kinds of stock and modified motors, I havent ran a murnan mod, but I have seen them run, and they are fast, all versions! But since the ninja engines have came out, ive been sold! They are truly fast engines, and they are strong, and they keep getting faster, and faster, as they break in! I think you would be happy with a Ninja!
Old 04-07-2007, 08:14 AM

Originally Posted by J-MAN
Ive ran all kinds of stock and modified motors, I havent ran a murnan mod, but I have seen them run, and they are fast, all versions! But since the ninja engines have came out, ive been sold! They are truly fast engines, and they are strong, and they keep getting faster, and faster, as they break in! I think you would be happy with a Ninja!
Right on J-Man can't agree enough with what you've said regarding how much faster the motor gets as you keep on running the motor. That goes for the .12's and the .21's I've seen Ron Calangi, Robbie Collins, Mike Stracks, Mike Swauger and Brian Thomas run these Ninja motors and like I said in my earlier post they're fast. They're all Mugen drivers BTY If you have a chance go under Revrace.com and look up the Airtronics race results for "07" and you'll see the ridiculous laptimes these guys can pull with the Ninja Engines.
Old 04-07-2007, 08:30 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Fred P
Right on J-Man can't agree enough with what you've said regarding how much faster the motor gets as you keep on running the motor. That goes for the .12's and the .21's I've seen Ron Calangi, Robbie Collins, Mike Stracks, Mike Swauger and Brian Thomas run these Ninja motors and like I said in my earlier post they're fast. They're all Mugen drivers BTY If you have a chance go under Revrace.com and look up the Airtronics race results for "07" and you'll see the ridiculous laptimes these guys can pull with the Ninja Engines.
ditto.....

Just get the stock version 2 Ninja and be done with it. Buy yourself about 4- 5 sets of tires with the money you'll save over buying any of the other engines.

This class is all about:

1). Driving
2). Tires
3). Set-up

Engines rank about 4th on the list of things. If you don't have the first 3 down, the 4th doesn't matter anyways.

The Ninja is more than a capable powerplant. I'm just an Intermediate driver as probably most of us here are and I've run many engines.... V-2 Ninja, 321P Tuned, Stock 321P, 421P, WC- R01, JP- R01, JP- R03. After recently running the Ninja in FL I sold nearly all my other engines. The tuning band is HUGE on the Ninja and very forgiving. My tire stock is growing from all the money I've saved.
Old 04-07-2007, 12:53 PM
Tech Regular

ok guys i have benn running my murnan mod plus 35 for some time now and it is simply one of the fastest motors on the track and it makes fuel all of uriahs motors scream they all fly i would only buy a murnan mod
Tommy DeSantis
Old 04-07-2007, 12:58 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by mugendude
ok guys i have benn running my murnan mod plus 35 for some time now and it is simply one of the fastest motors on the track and it makes fuel all of uriahs motors scream they all fly i would only buy a murnan mod
Tommy DeSantis
Right now I'm leaning towards the Murnan Mod Ninja. It's a bit cheaper so I can throw in a matching pipe and header for the same price of just the 35+21 (Murnan) alone. Thanks for your input guys.

-- Wario