R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 04-02-2007, 05:43 PM   #1
Tech Addict

Default Cleaning out fuel bottles?

Anyone do this occationally? I'm a bit anal about keeping the internals of my engine clean so I figured cleaning out the fuel bottle before using it again would be a good idea. Now, if anyone does do this how do you do it? I guess water is bad, but if it's 100% dry it shouldn't be a problem right?
Old 04-02-2007, 06:22 PM   #2

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Artificial-I

Yeah once dry its fine. I normally will wipe the tip of my fuel bottle because that usually gets sandy. Other than that it shouldnt have anything inside. I have used some simple green and dawn soap and water on the outside of my bottle though because it tends to get oily.
Artificial-I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 06:25 PM   #3
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artificial-I
Yeah once dry its fine. I normally will wipe the tip of my fuel bottle because that usually gets sandy. Other than that it shouldnt have anything inside. I have used some simple green and dawn soap and water on the outside of my bottle though because it tends to get oily.
Reason for this is actually because I'm using up the last bit of my Byron's Fuel before I open up my brand new gallon of Maxy's. So I figured clean out the old and in with the new. Maybe it doesn't even matter.
Old 04-02-2007, 06:28 PM   #4

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Artificial-I

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dredd
Reason for this is actually because I'm using up the last bit of my Byron's Fuel before I open up my brand new gallon of Maxy's. So I figured clean out the old and in with the new. Maybe it doesn't even matter.
If the bottle is clear , just look at the bottom for sediments. Otherwise if you got time , it cant hurt if you make sure its dry afterwards completely. As well you dont use anything weird to clean it that might leave a residue. Even when fully washing something out several times certain residues from chemicals can stay so. Stick with flushing it with water and letting dry.
Artificial-I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 06:37 PM   #5
Tech Regular

Send a message via ICQ to regg151 Send a message via AIM to regg151 Send a message via Yahoo to regg151

I clean mine out by pouring in about a 1/4 cup of denatured alcohol put the spout back on and shake it around for a min or so then pour it all out and give it a blast at 20 psi with the air compressor cleans out any and all left over oil residue and only takes a min to dry out afterwards.

Inferno GT Hyper 21 8 Port Ipanema Tires
Spektrum DX3R
Team CFX Racing, RCNB Race Team, CFX Paintworks.com
regg151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 06:50 PM   #6
Tech Rookie

Before I start the day, I always put a little fuel in the bottle and car tank, shake it and dump it to remove old crap and moisture.
grey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 10:47 PM   #7
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Scott Fisher

What grey said
Old 04-02-2007, 11:25 PM   #8
avs
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

like above and,
at the end of the day make sure to empty the bottle and cap it off for storage.
avs is offline   Reply With Quote