R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 04-01-2007, 07:03 PM   #1
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default NTC3 ?

Okay i just bought a used nitro tc3 the car is in great condition, came with an os. 18 this is my first nitro tourning car and i was wondering how you can get the damn thing to hook up. it has GRP Gandini foams on all four corners. but no matter how lightly i roll into the throttle it just starts looping out. the diffs are a lil crunchy and i have tried changing the suspension setup to box stock RTR i believe part of the problem is the crunchy diffs.

Kyosho 777 WC w/ big bores, RB S5, ACE 1313 s., Air 357 t., JP-3
HPI Savage X SS, Axial .28, Hitec 5645 Steering servo
Nitro TC3, O.S. .18 CV-R
Associated RC18T, Brushless, Lipo
wes95_z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 07:12 PM   #2
Tech Addict

Probably a setup issue, a tire issue, or a trim issue. Check the tires for wear. If the rears are worn down they won't grip as well as the front. Check the setup (toe, camber etc). If that's out then the car won't handle. Check the steering trim also. You said the diffs are crunchy...probably dirty.

Also, the single most important thing to note. The place you drive. If it's not a prepaired surface or it is a parking lot beware of car oil on the ground. You will never get traction in that condition. Wven if you don't see oil, there will always be some type of fluids on a parking lot.
Old 04-01-2007, 07:20 PM   #3
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Crunchy diffs are always a bad sign in the NTC 3. However, parts are usually plentiful. Strip the diffs and get them healthy again and then start with the kit setup and a new set of tyres and see how you go.
www.nbhc.com.au - www.teamxray.com
Z00M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 06:14 PM   #4
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 83 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wes95_z28
Okay i just bought a used nitro tc3 the car is in great condition, came with an os. 18 this is my first nitro tourning car and i was wondering how you can get the damn thing to hook up. it has GRP Gandini foams on all four corners. but no matter how lightly i roll into the throttle it just starts looping out. the diffs are a lil crunchy and i have tried changing the suspension setup to box stock RTR i believe part of the problem is the crunchy diffs.
Check your diff out. probally need to rebuild them, also make sure the diff nuts are in good shape. I had this same problem. My diff nut would not hold the diff tight as soon as I hit the throttle or come into a turn the rear would spin out. tighten the diff per the manual then chuck one end of the output drives in a drill and spin the output drive while holding the diff gear and then re-check and see if the diff nut keeps the same setting if not replace the diff nut. but you have to rebuild them first.
Chicky fan club member #9
One Eighth Racers of Toledo
lil-bump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 01:14 PM   #5
Tech Rookie

Send a message via MSN to Network

Is the foam on the tires flat and worn out? If so you might want to replace it. If the car is going to see lots of use and abuse I would lean towards rubber tires.
Network is offline   Reply With Quote