Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road
Serpent 835 with a small block 15?? >

Serpent 835 with a small block 15??

Serpent 835 with a small block 15??

Old 03-23-2007, 06:45 AM
Tech Elite

Default Serpent 835 with a small block 15??

I was looking on the Serpent site for any new news on the 835. I have one and refuse to get rid of it. I also saw that Serpent was selling a power pack that contained the ZX .15 small block for the kit. My 835 uses a Big block .15 . Has Serpent made an error or did they remake the chassis for the installation of a small block?
Old 03-23-2007, 06:59 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Originally Posted by GHETTOTEACHER
I was looking on the Serpent site for any new news on the 835. I have one and refuse to get rid of it. I also saw that Serpent was selling a power pack that contained the ZX .15 small block for the kit. My 835 uses a Big block .15 . Has Serpent made an error or did they remake the chassis for the installation of a small block?
Serpent Has engine mounts that let you run a small-block in the 835 or the impact.
Old 03-24-2007, 08:46 AM
Tech Elite

Thanks for the info.
I called up my parts guys and am ordering the mounts! I just can't believe that the population just does prefer this car vs the 200mm. It is way more stable at high speeds and I think faster! The only problems that I see are the butt ugly bodies. The new small block mounts will bring this car back!! At least mine!
Old 03-24-2007, 02:54 PM
Tech Master

Thanks for the info.
I called up my parts guys and am ordering the mounts! I just can't believe that the population just does prefer this car vs the 200mm. It is way more stable at high speeds and I think faster! The only problems that I see are the butt ugly bodies. The new small block mounts will bring this car back!! At least mine!
The only thing you need to realise is that the small blocks require different gearing. I'd suggest running a 15/18 on the clutchbell. I did that at the Heemstede track and went almost 10 km/h faster with the smallblock compared to the big block engines.
Old 03-25-2007, 05:10 PM
Tech Fanatic

Thanks for the info.
Dude, I am with 100%. I still have 6 of these cars laying around. 2 of them are the 835. I will NEVER get rid of these cars and all my parts and crap. This class was so awesome. I can't believe that it died out so quick either. That damn Sedan class just killed it. This was the car that really taught me how to drive and prepare me for 1:8th scale. I trully miss this class and would sell all my Sedan stuff if it ever made a come back. Can we still get tires for these mini beasts??
Old 03-27-2007, 12:50 AM
Tech Addict

The only problems that I see are the butt ugly bodies.
No way. The BMW M3 looks bad ass and works really well. You are probably referring to GTP or Lola bodies but I loved running sedan in the 235mm class. It gives a lot more "driver character" to the class. Even more fun was running 2wd. It is sad this class and everything has gone to 4wd because they are so much _EASIER_ to drive. Sissies I tell you.. all of 'em

PS. I still have all of my 235mm stuff too and plenty of tires. If anybody ever organizes a big event with enough people, I'd be interested. As you can tell... 2wd preferred because I love a challenge.
Old 03-30-2007, 03:05 PM
avs
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

+1 on bringing back 2WD 10scale.
Old 03-30-2007, 08:57 PM
Tech Elite

My favorite 235mm body is the Volvo sedan. I have others including the BMW. The bodies are so hard to find though. Right now I am waiting for my small block motor mounts! I would love to see a track full of these again.

Last edited by GHETTOTEACHER; 08-23-2009 at 10:28 PM.
Old 03-30-2007, 09:04 PM
Tech Master

that would be nice
Old 03-30-2007, 09:09 PM
Tech Master

teach ygpm
Old 04-01-2007, 12:58 PM
Tech Initiate

Take a look at the new porsche body....
http://www.serpent.com/product/1797/
Start running them again! Plenty of 235mm laying around somewhere gathering dust.
It is fun fun fun.
We still have about 15 races, but a few years ago, the class almost died
Now we are alive and kicking again.
You need some competition to reanimate the class.
Talk with some clubmembers to get a Porschecup started.
I am pretty sure Serpent will back up any good event.
Old 04-05-2007, 03:57 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default revival of 835

hey guys.i also have a 835.mine is 2wd.here in South Africa,the class is still alive and very much kicking.we even have the class in our nationals.its a very affordable class to run.Im running a rb x15 works engine.i truly love this class.bring it back to the worlds.if the manufacturers start producing newer versions,then there would b competition among them.what do you guys think?if more companies make them,then more engines will become available.come on mugen,ofna,serpent,tm magic.etc.make it happen!!!!