R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 04-02-2007, 02:59 PM   #16
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Another sugguestion (I'm sure you are getting enough of these ), a 40' sea container, as some other places have done this. it is steal.

As far as helping out... I'm new to R/C, but let me know were donations can be made. I'm planing on getting the R/C group here in Jackson, MS to help out.. we have a race once a month, and I will take donations to help...

I'm sure others racers, mfg, supporters, etc. would like to help out also...

Digi3Dworks - 3D printing for the medical Field.
bvoltz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 06:59 AM   #17
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Darn i just sold a sea container New their 2700-2800 !

Used their 2000-2200 !

But thats nothing like what was there no where the height that the driver stand was.

later
Jeff E
Kevin Hutchinson
Big Jeff BBQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 11:32 AM   #18
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Jeff BBQ
Darn i just sold a sea container New their 2700-2800 !

Used their 2000-2200 !

But thats nothing like what was there no where the height that the driver stand was.

later
Jeff E
Check out what Track 301 did with their drivers stand... Look at the bottom pics and how they built the drivers stand on top of the shipping container...

http://301raceway.com/photos/040906/Site/PIX.html
RC Tech member #11
Aussie Rules Footy, Brisbane LIONS!!
[url]http://www.pitter-pat.com/[/url] for pet care needs in Northern Virginia
Nova F1 Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 06:16 AM   #19
Tech Fanatic

Any new info on the fire did they figure out who/why?

Just wondering

later

Jeff E
Kevin Hutchinson
Big Jeff BBQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 08:01 AM   #20
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

No updated info on the who/why. The "guess" is just kids who like to tear up others property. We start the rebuilding process this Saturday, in the predicted 15 degree weather.

I know some people have asked about donations, and while we appreciate the sentiment, were not comfortable accepting money for "no value". However if someone wants to donate commercially we will make them a club sponsor. We'll hang banners or whatever you would like.

Individually we'd appreciate everyone coming to a race, whether a club race or one of our existing major events for 2007, the Midwest Series or the RC Pro-Series/Tri-State 200 combined event. We'd like to show everyone how we "Burn Nitro", pun intended!

Our schedule is posted at www.TSRCAR.com or you can e-mail me at [email protected]

Thank you everyone for your support!

Dennis Young
dyoung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 09:59 AM   #21
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dyoung
No updated info on the who/why. The "guess" is just kids who like to tear up others property. We start the rebuilding process this Saturday, in the predicted 15 degree weather.

I know some people have asked about donations, and while we appreciate the sentiment, were not comfortable accepting money for "no value". However if someone wants to donate commercially we will make them a club sponsor. We'll hang banners or whatever you would like.

Individually we'd appreciate everyone coming to a race, whether a club race or one of our existing major events for 2007, the Midwest Series or the RC Pro-Series/Tri-State 200 combined event. We'd like to show everyone how we "Burn Nitro", pun intended!

Our schedule is posted at www.TSRCAR.com or you can e-mail me at [email protected]

Thank you everyone for your support!

Dennis Young
I understand your position on "donations", so TO THE MFGs.... What if you agree to matching dollar for dollar up to x amount, or something like this. I know that some of you have stepped up, but some of us racers are not able to make a trip do to distance, etc.... , and for some of us it is important that we help. Why you ask, because someone has help us in our life time. We could send the funds to you, you match it and send it on to the club. Just a another thought....

Digi3Dworks - 3D printing for the medical Field.
bvoltz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 04:26 AM   #22
Tech Adept

The TSRCAR club is ready to move forward with clean up and track preparation in anticipation of the first race of our season, April 22.

A breif update of the club's situation can be found at www.TSRCAR.com

Again thanks to everyone for the show of support. It is awesome that the R/C racing community can and will support each other during times of stress and disaster. We will keep you updated on the rebuilding progess as we receive final approvals from the city.

Doug
Old 04-07-2007, 09:00 PM   #23
Tech Apprentice

Default clean up has begun

We started clean-up at the track today in the frigid weather. It looks a lot better than it did, but bare without the scoring tower and tech area. Makes you want to cry thinking about all the money and hard work everyone put into that structure, and for someone to come along and for no reason whatsoever, other than probably being young punks with nothing better to do, destroy what our hard earned money, sweat, time, and sometimes blood put up.
We truly appreciate everyone wanting to help. If you are serious about helping, please contact Dennis and let us know what you are willing to do. We can use a loooottttt of help. We will be back out at the track next Saturday doing more work. Come join us if you can. Bring your work gloves!!!!!

Denswife
Denswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 09:48 PM   #24
Tech Master

good see all is trying to get to normal so the racing can begin
Old 04-08-2007, 12:03 AM   #25
Tech Regular

Thats very bad news. It was the nicest one anywhere. I think I heard the 2 story scoreing tower was required for the worlds a couple of years ago? What was really nice was the way all the print outs were displayed. The lexan holders. I cant see a shipping container being any kind of replacement.
wizby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 12:52 AM   #26
Tech Addict

It is very unfortunate that an act of cowardice and vandalism has destroyed part of one of the RC nations premier tracks. I when in town will donate my electrical engineering/ electrical installation skills for the club. John S. and the guys have assisted me in getting things done and advice and all and the least I can do is donate my craft and tools to work for you guys and my funds to assist in restoration. In this hobby we have people of character and we all help each other when needed in some form or another. So TSRCAR can count on the Fanatic Remote Racerz of New York to help in anyway possible. John you have my number feel free to call me....

"Failure Is Not An Option"
kcrunchone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 11:55 AM   #27
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default TSRCAR scoring tower

Before pic...

http://www.tsrcar.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=2131
Old 04-09-2007, 07:32 PM   #28
Tech Adept

How's it going?

sorry for the misfortune you guys.

i would like to ask however, do you think you will be ready for that first Midwest Series race on May 5? i have been watching as snow has been hitting parts of Ohio pretty bad and was just wondering so me and my party can keep our travel plans.
nitrothugg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 06:14 AM   #29
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrothugg
sorry for the misfortune you guys.

i would like to ask however, do you think you will be ready for that first Midwest Series race on May 5? i have been watching as snow has been hitting parts of Ohio pretty bad and was just wondering so me and my party can keep our travel plans.
We have no standing snow here. Temperatures have been cold but they are going back up. As of April 9th the track was clean, the damage was removed.
An electrician is scheduled this week to clean up the electrical issues. We could run next week weather permitting...oh wait we are
1st race of the season starts April 22nd, we will be ready...come on out, you will have fun.

Doug
Old 04-10-2007, 07:47 PM   #30
Tech Adept

Thumbs up

congrats guys!

looking forward to racing there in the near future!
nitrothugg is offline   Reply With Quote