R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 04-06-2007, 07:18 AM   #76
Tech Elite

Location: Mahwah, NJ.. USA!! ..... Home of http://www.fastharry.com
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via Skype™ to fastharry™

how about this?.....buy the tires from a reputable MFG and a distributor that has fresh.......

throw them on the car and drive...but before you do,you better check and make sure all four of your shock springs are equal length,pressure,and rebound.......and throw those shocks on a losi shock tool after hand filling and bleeding,cause I guarantee you,the tires are the least of your worries...
fastharry™ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 07:38 AM   #77
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastharry
how about this?.....buy the tires from a reputable MFG and a distributor that has fresh.......

throw them on the car and drive...but before you do,you better check and make sure all four of your shock springs are equal length,pressure,and rebound.......and throw those shocks on a losi shock tool after hand filling and bleeding,cause I guarantee you,the tires are the least of your worries...
i was going to bring the shock thing up a while ago.........

i figured that would blow too many minds out of the water. it's a good point though. after running a few heats without rebuilding your shocks they have about zero rebound. I go two to three heats before rebuilidng them, but shock maintenance is another topic
BYRON'S FUEL/TWISTER TIRES
cdelong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 09:22 AM   #78

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Artificial-I

Quote:

LOL , yeah thats for sure. I just use the tire shore gauge to just give me an idea what kinda tire set im placing on my car. Granted If I put those jacos on my car. I would have gone out and probably handled pretty badly.

The other good thing is unnamed and unboxed tires can now be used again. But yeah I make sure my cars are pretty fresh. I dont replace my shock oil much though. Perhaps will start doing that more often. I use a digital caliper on the shocks normally and on all the linkages / pillow balls to make sure the car is pretty equal all around.
Artificial-I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 10:46 AM   #79
Tech Elite

Location: Mahwah, NJ.. USA!! ..... Home of http://www.fastharry.com
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via Skype™ to fastharry™

[QUOTE=Artificial-I]LOL , yeah thats for sure. I just use the tire shore gauge to just give me an idea what kinda tire set im placing on my car. Granted If I put those jacos on my car. I would have gone out and probably handled pretty badly.

The other good thing is unnamed and unboxed tires can now be used again. But yeah I make sure my cars are pretty fresh. I dont replace my shock oil much though. Perhaps will start doing that more often. I use a digital caliper on the shocks normally and on all the linkages / pillow balls to make sure the car is pretty equal all around.[/QUOTE]

this is what you need for equal shocks.....

fastharry™ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 04:59 PM   #80
Tech Addict

Send a message via AIM to fraz

A lot of people think that one reading gives you accuracy and they give up because their readingas are all over the map. I mentioned it earlier and this is directly from from PTC's FAQ at http://www.ptc1.com/durometers_info.htm

"How do I use a durometer ?

In use, a durometer is pushed against the sample and the hardness is read from the dial. It is a good practice to take several readings and average the results."

Personally, I take a bunch of readings in different locations on the tire and keep a running tally of the average.

Another thing touched on here is a term I coined years ago I call "bounce". Basically when you true your tires tighter to the rim they have less bounce and therefore, a durometer reading is going to be higher [readff] and you have to figure this in. There is not a good concrete way to do this and much like taking durometer readings without a stand... it's all feel.

The _only_ way to get dead nuts measurements with a durometer is on a stand, on the same diameter foam from the wheel, and nowhere near a glue seam. Unfortunately, we do none of that. HAHAHA
fraz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 10:05 AM   #81
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
says out of stock
Got it in stock here http://kamikazercracing.com/proddeta...axmoddurometer

Last edited by Team Kamikaze; 06-29-2007 at 10:21 AM.
Team Kamikaze is offline   Reply With Quote