Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road
MRX4-R or 960-07 honest opinions please >

MRX4-R or 960-07 honest opinions please

MRX4-R or 960-07 honest opinions please

Old 04-05-2007, 10:19 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

People have a right to have their own opinions about what they like or dislike That does not discredit them because they don't see eye to eye with others Besides if you can't drive does it even make a difference?
Old 04-05-2007, 10:57 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by gashuffer
People have a right to have their own opinions about what they like or dislike That does not discredit them because they don't see eye to eye with others Besides if you can't drive does it even make a difference?
wow i guess i can't post my opinion with you .as for pooh we have know each other for a long time so its all good with us . i am not trying to discredit any one .just asking a question to what was posted so dont get me wrong . as for what you drive you are right it dont matter if you can't make it work
Old 04-05-2007, 11:12 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

It's a very touchy subject to some people I just think it's a dead end street. You guys should come to Sun Valley if your in the area, that track is pretty cool and they changed the layout a little for 1/8 scale and I think they are going to seal the surface too.
Old 04-05-2007, 11:15 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by gashuffer
It's a very touchy subject to some people I just think it's a dead end street. You guys should come to Sun Valley if your in the area, that track is pretty cool and they changed the layout a little for 1/8 scale and I think they are going to seal the surface too.
post me the link for the track i will try to see what i can do
jimmy
Old 04-05-2007, 11:51 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by captian
so what problems would the others cars have tell us !!!!!!!!
Jimmy, what's the matter with u man?
Old 04-05-2007, 12:23 PM
Tech Fanatic

Well guys, after reading this thread, I am convinced on the '07 960 myself. However it's for my own reasons. I do know that the Mugen runs great racing against a few at my track. I just have WAY too many Serpent wheels from running my Slide. So this is definitely swaying my decision. I think If I was to start from scratch though, the Mugen would probably be my choiice. I haven't driven any of these cars because I love my Slide so much. It's the '02 chrome version but still hangs right there with all the new cars out there.Unfortunatly for me, It's quite difficult to obtain the '06 version which is what I trully want. I just want a new car to play with is all really, So I think the Serpent will sufice until the Motonica hits the states. All I know is ALL of the cars are fast with the right setup in the right hands. But it looks like the Mugen is the easiest to drive fast, probably due to a large sweet spot on set up. The cool thing with Serpent though, is the large variety of upgrades that you get to choose from. But then again, the others might have the same situation. Not too sure. Hell, I wouldn't mind owning one of each and then find out which one works best for my driving style. Any way, sorry I know I didn't help much, but good luck!!
Old 04-05-2007, 12:34 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Serpentd
Well guys, after reading this thread, I am convinced on the '07 960 myself. However it's for my own reasons. I do know that the Mugen runs great racing against a few at my track. I just have WAY too many Serpent wheels from running my Slide. So this is definitely swaying my decision. I think If I was to start from scratch though, the Mugen would probably be my choiice. I haven't driven any of these cars because I love my Slide so much. It's the '02 chrome version but still hangs right there with all the new cars out there.Unfortunatly for me, It's quite difficult to obtain the '06 version which is what I trully want. I just want a new car to play with is all really, So I think the Serpent will sufice until the Motonica hits the states. All I know is ALL of the cars are fast with the right setup in the right hands. But it looks like the Mugen is the easiest to drive fast, probably due to a large sweet spot on set up. The cool thing with Serpent though, is the large variety of upgrades that you get to choose from. But then again, the others might have the same situation. Not too sure. Hell, I wouldn't mind owning one of each and then find out which one works best for my driving style. Any way, sorry I know I didn't help much, but good luck!!
you will enjoy it, all 3 brands are great cars. 8th scale is awsome.
Old 04-05-2007, 12:35 PM
Tech Regular

I DISAGREE!!! i will tell you that whether or not my car has crashed hard I try to rebuild it completely before every race. Most guys would love to do that because it insures that eveything is properly tightened, aligned, etc. That is the one thing that I love about my mugen. It is very easy to work on. I loved my Serpent but dreaded working on it. I am not bashing anyone for having their own opinion, but for me I like to have a "brand new" car for every race. After taking my chasis apart and putting it back together, the slop is gone and car feels great.
Old 04-05-2007, 03:06 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by captian
sorry if you misunderstand me but i have friends that drive the car and kyosho car as well so don't get me wrong some guy look to slander other car's in the process
Jimmy, when did u start using the word SLANDER? I wonder who u been talking 2?
Old 04-05-2007, 03:08 PM
Tech Regular

TO: POOH2 & CAPTIAN
yooo sOONNNN
iVE KNOWN THE BOTH OF YOU TWO GUYS FOR A LONG TIME AS WELL....
AND MANNNN. YOU GUYS GOT ME IN TEARS

MY NAME IS WEST AND IM NOT IN THIS MESS.

HAVE FUN GUYS.
Old 04-05-2007, 03:10 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Pooh2
Jimmy, when did u start using the word SLANDER? I wonder who u been talking 2?
DING DING.
CAPTAIN GET UP GET UP HE JUST HIT U WITH A FUNNY ONE.
Old 04-05-2007, 03:13 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by GUINT1
DING DING.
CAPTAIN GET UP GET UP HE JUST HIT U WITH A FUNNY ONE.
Stop that Pooh u r bigger than him...
Old 04-05-2007, 03:16 PM
Tech Regular

you guys are stopping me from working on my car.
i havent had a laugh like this in a long time
Old 04-05-2007, 03:54 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

After reading all the back talk on what is what.
I like all 3 manufacturers But if I were going to run 1/8th scale I would go with a Kyosho since I know the car much better since I had one & out of the box set up it performs just a little tweaking to different track settings & to annoy Pooh as well since he just has Mugen juice instead of blood running thru his veins.
Old 04-05-2007, 04:31 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by GMartinez
After reading all the back talk on what is what.
I like all 3 manufacturers But if I were going to run 1/8th scale I would go with a Kyosho since I know the car much better since I had one & out of the box set up it performs just a little tweaking to different track settings & to annoy Pooh as well since he just has Mugen juice instead of blood running thru his veins.
Yes sir! Mugen4life!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.