R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-05-2007, 11:19 AM   #76
Tech Champion
 
gashuffer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: RcVille
Posts: 5,230
Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)
Default

People have a right to have their own opinions about what they like or dislike That does not discredit them because they don't see eye to eye with others Besides if you can't drive does it even make a difference?
__________________
T-Sal
gashuffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 11:57 AM   #77
Tech Master
 
captian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: city that never sleeps
Posts: 1,832
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gashuffer
People have a right to have their own opinions about what they like or dislike That does not discredit them because they don't see eye to eye with others Besides if you can't drive does it even make a difference?
wow i guess i can't post my opinion with you .as for pooh we have know each other for a long time so its all good with us . i am not trying to discredit any one .just asking a question to what was posted so dont get me wrong . as for what you drive you are right it dont matter if you can't make it work
__________________
serpent america * max power * beast mods *kopropo usa* protoform * team cmdi
captian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 12:12 PM   #78
Tech Champion
 
gashuffer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: RcVille
Posts: 5,230
Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)
Default

It's a very touchy subject to some people I just think it's a dead end street. You guys should come to Sun Valley if your in the area, that track is pretty cool and they changed the layout a little for 1/8 scale and I think they are going to seal the surface too.
__________________
T-Sal
gashuffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 12:15 PM   #79
Tech Master
 
captian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: city that never sleeps
Posts: 1,832
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gashuffer
It's a very touchy subject to some people I just think it's a dead end street. You guys should come to Sun Valley if your in the area, that track is pretty cool and they changed the layout a little for 1/8 scale and I think they are going to seal the surface too.
post me the link for the track i will try to see what i can do
jimmy
__________________
serpent america * max power * beast mods *kopropo usa* protoform * team cmdi
captian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 12:51 PM   #80
Tech Elite
 
Pooh2's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Somewhere here on Earth
Posts: 2,518
Send a message via MSN to Pooh2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by captian
so what problems would the others cars have tell us !!!!!!!!
Jimmy, what's the matter with u man?
__________________
MUGEN MRX5/CONTACT TIRES/DESOTO RACING/TEAM LOGIC


"Since the Bible and the church are obviously mistaken in telling us where we came from, how can we trust them to tell us where we are going"?
Pooh2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 01:23 PM   #81
Tech Fanatic
 
Serpentd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Evans, CO. USA
Posts: 798
Default

Well guys, after reading this thread, I am convinced on the '07 960 myself. However it's for my own reasons. I do know that the Mugen runs great racing against a few at my track. I just have WAY too many Serpent wheels from running my Slide. So this is definitely swaying my decision. I think If I was to start from scratch though, the Mugen would probably be my choiice. I haven't driven any of these cars because I love my Slide so much. It's the '02 chrome version but still hangs right there with all the new cars out there.Unfortunatly for me, It's quite difficult to obtain the '06 version which is what I trully want. I just want a new car to play with is all really, So I think the Serpent will sufice until the Motonica hits the states. All I know is ALL of the cars are fast with the right setup in the right hands. But it looks like the Mugen is the easiest to drive fast, probably due to a large sweet spot on set up. The cool thing with Serpent though, is the large variety of upgrades that you get to choose from. But then again, the others might have the same situation. Not too sure. Hell, I wouldn't mind owning one of each and then find out which one works best for my driving style. Any way, sorry I know I didn't help much, but good luck!!
__________________
Blessed are the SIC
Serpentd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 01:34 PM   #82
Tech Addict
 
rocca30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: fl
Posts: 589
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serpentd
Well guys, after reading this thread, I am convinced on the '07 960 myself. However it's for my own reasons. I do know that the Mugen runs great racing against a few at my track. I just have WAY too many Serpent wheels from running my Slide. So this is definitely swaying my decision. I think If I was to start from scratch though, the Mugen would probably be my choiice. I haven't driven any of these cars because I love my Slide so much. It's the '02 chrome version but still hangs right there with all the new cars out there.Unfortunatly for me, It's quite difficult to obtain the '06 version which is what I trully want. I just want a new car to play with is all really, So I think the Serpent will sufice until the Motonica hits the states. All I know is ALL of the cars are fast with the right setup in the right hands. But it looks like the Mugen is the easiest to drive fast, probably due to a large sweet spot on set up. The cool thing with Serpent though, is the large variety of upgrades that you get to choose from. But then again, the others might have the same situation. Not too sure. Hell, I wouldn't mind owning one of each and then find out which one works best for my driving style. Any way, sorry I know I didn't help much, but good luck!!
you will enjoy it, all 3 brands are great cars. 8th scale is awsome.
__________________
RC AMERICA / / HUDY // SRC / / JC JEWELERS/ / GOT GOLD // MAXX POWER // EXTREME RACING FUEL //
rocca30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 01:35 PM   #83
Tech Regular
 
Lil Paul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 265
Default

I DISAGREE!!! i will tell you that whether or not my car has crashed hard I try to rebuild it completely before every race. Most guys would love to do that because it insures that eveything is properly tightened, aligned, etc. That is the one thing that I love about my mugen. It is very easy to work on. I loved my Serpent but dreaded working on it. I am not bashing anyone for having their own opinion, but for me I like to have a "brand new" car for every race. After taking my chasis apart and putting it back together, the slop is gone and car feels great.
Lil Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 04:06 PM   #84
Tech Elite
 
Pooh2's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Somewhere here on Earth
Posts: 2,518
Send a message via MSN to Pooh2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by captian
sorry if you misunderstand me but i have friends that drive the car and kyosho car as well so don't get me wrong some guy look to slander other car's in the process
Jimmy, when did u start using the word SLANDER? I wonder who u been talking 2?
__________________
MUGEN MRX5/CONTACT TIRES/DESOTO RACING/TEAM LOGIC


"Since the Bible and the church are obviously mistaken in telling us where we came from, how can we trust them to tell us where we are going"?
Pooh2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 04:08 PM   #85
Tech Regular
 
GUINT1's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: QUEENS N.Y.
Posts: 347
Default

TO: POOH2 & CAPTIAN
yooo sOONNNN
iVE KNOWN THE BOTH OF YOU TWO GUYS FOR A LONG TIME AS WELL....
AND MANNNN. YOU GUYS GOT ME IN TEARS

MY NAME IS WEST AND IM NOT IN THIS MESS.

HAVE FUN GUYS.
__________________
Empire Racing/Maxy's fuel/Ko Propo
Motor. .21 FLASH/353 Race
Body. Zytech/P909
Tyres. Ky Red Box
GUINT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 04:10 PM   #86
Tech Regular
 
GUINT1's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: QUEENS N.Y.
Posts: 347
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pooh2
Jimmy, when did u start using the word SLANDER? I wonder who u been talking 2?
DING DING.
CAPTAIN GET UP GET UP HE JUST HIT U WITH A FUNNY ONE.
__________________
Empire Racing/Maxy's fuel/Ko Propo
Motor. .21 FLASH/353 Race
Body. Zytech/P909
Tyres. Ky Red Box
GUINT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 04:13 PM   #87
Tech Regular
 
GUINT1's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: QUEENS N.Y.
Posts: 347
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GUINT1
DING DING.
CAPTAIN GET UP GET UP HE JUST HIT U WITH A FUNNY ONE.
Stop that Pooh u r bigger than him...
__________________
Empire Racing/Maxy's fuel/Ko Propo
Motor. .21 FLASH/353 Race
Body. Zytech/P909
Tyres. Ky Red Box
GUINT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 04:16 PM   #88
Tech Regular
 
GUINT1's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: QUEENS N.Y.
Posts: 347
Default

you guys are stopping me from working on my car.
i havent had a laugh like this in a long time
__________________
Empire Racing/Maxy's fuel/Ko Propo
Motor. .21 FLASH/353 Race
Body. Zytech/P909
Tyres. Ky Red Box
GUINT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 04:54 PM   #89
Tech Champion
 
GMartinez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Sunshine State
Posts: 8,162
Trader Rating: 85 (100%+)
Default

After reading all the back talk on what is what.
I like all 3 manufacturers But if I were going to run 1/8th scale I would go with a Kyosho since I know the car much better since I had one & out of the box set up it performs just a little tweaking to different track settings & to annoy Pooh as well since he just has Mugen juice instead of blood running thru his veins.
__________________
www.fullthrottlercraceway.com
Home of The U.S. World Nitro Cup 2013,2014,2015,2016
2014 Roar Electric Nationals, IFMAR ISTC Worlds, 2015 Roar Fuel Nationals
2017 U.S.World Nitro Cup Nov 29th - Dec 3rd
U.S.Open Fuel Championship Returning soon
GMartinez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 05:31 PM   #90
Tech Elite
 
Pooh2's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Somewhere here on Earth
Posts: 2,518
Send a message via MSN to Pooh2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMartinez
After reading all the back talk on what is what.
I like all 3 manufacturers But if I were going to run 1/8th scale I would go with a Kyosho since I know the car much better since I had one & out of the box set up it performs just a little tweaking to different track settings & to annoy Pooh as well since he just has Mugen juice instead of blood running thru his veins.
Yes sir! Mugen4life!
__________________
MUGEN MRX5/CONTACT TIRES/DESOTO RACING/TEAM LOGIC


"Since the Bible and the church are obviously mistaken in telling us where we came from, how can we trust them to tell us where we are going"?
Pooh2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Mugen MRX4-X MRX4-R rear universal set H0296 PePsI Very Good R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 1 03-19-2008 01:13 AM
mrx4 mrx4-r one pice engine mount. Sirio2127 Australia For Sale/Trade 0 08-07-2007 07:16 PM
New MRX4 & MRX4 R Parts !! Nitro-mech R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 8 12-23-2006 07:54 PM
Need Opinions on Tuning My NTC3! opinions on my clutch/suspenion set up needed JDMboy Nitro On-Road 0 09-21-2004 10:05 PM
Buying a nitro....need honest opinions...... DJ_GenR8 Nitro On-Road 12 06-07-2002 09:34 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 06:13 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net