R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-road-3/)
-   -   New vs. Old (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-road/1564-new-vs-old.html)

carbsmith 11-22-2001 04:52 PM

New vs. Old

Which do you think is better, a bone stock new generation car, or fully loaded old car?

Dan 11-22-2001 05:42 PM

Urr..what do you mean?

My neighbor's NRS4 is pretty much decked out with all the option parts and it still handled like nothing next to my GT4 when it was stock.

carbsmith 11-23-2001 03:07 PM

I mean, like the following:[list=1][*]Kyosho GP Spider Mk.II World Cup vs. VS-One[*]Mugen MTX-2 vs. MTX-3(when it comes out)[*]HPI Nitro RS4 Racer vs. Nitro RS4 2[/list=1]
Hope this clears things up!:spidey:

Dragon 11-24-2001 04:30 AM

i actually understood your first statement, but now u say like that im totally thrown off and totally confused.....

Dan 11-24-2001 03:47 PM

Originally posted by carbsmith
I mean, like the following:[list=1][*]Kyosho GP Spider Mk.II World Cup vs. VS-One[*]Mugen MTX-2 vs. MTX-3(when it comes out)[*]HPI Nitro RS4 Racer vs. Nitro RS4 2[/list=1]
Hope this clears things up!:spidey:

As for the Kyosho's, I don't have them so sorry. The NRS4 Racer and RS4 2 are practically the same except for a few minor changes.

As for the MTX-3, I drove one yesterday and hooked up real nice... :blush:

:D :p

Mauler 11-24-2001 08:41 PM

Originally posted by Dan

As for the Kyosho's, I don't have them so sorry. The NRS4 Racer and RS4 2 are practically the same except for a few minor changes.

As for the MTX-3, I drove one yesterday and hooked up real nice... :blush:

:D :p

I guess the one u drove was MTX 2 Pro Spec and not MTX 3...

Dan 11-24-2001 08:52 PM

Originally posted by Mauler

I guess the one u drove was MTX 2 Pro Spec and not MTX 3...

I was joking man... :p

carbsmith 11-25-2001 10:32 AM

I think I mixed up MRX(?) and MTX. At that level, they don't really have a pro and a normal. A better example would be MP6 international (off-road, but...) and MP7.5 (not Kanai)

Michael_T 11-28-2001 03:17 AM

Originally posted by carbsmith
I think I mixed up MRX(?) and MTX. At that level, they don't really have a pro and a normal. A better example would be MP6 international (off-road, but...) and MP7.5 (not Kanai)
There has been NO official word if Mugen are producing such a car (MTX-3). Magizines or other websites usually get some info about a pre-release of a car, there has been nothing said about this car.

Just don't hold your breath waiting for it ;)

vapourtrail 11-30-2001 02:06 AM

The newer car design "should" be better hands down. I hate to get technical but if the old design is hopped up properly, it'll be hard to tell.:D

opel92 11-30-2001 03:45 AM

Originally posted by vapourtrail
The newer car design "should" be better hands down. I hate to get technical but if the old design is hopped up properly, it'll be hard to tell.:D
Agreed, but i still think that the car really is only a small part of the equation....... we have a guy at our track who laps as fast as us with a near standard RTR HPI with an OS Hyper..... we all have V One R, s and Mugens with Nova's.....:cry:

xray 12-06-2001 06:52 AM

Is there any official announcement on this MTX-3 ?