R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 03-27-2007, 04:46 PM   #1
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (95%+)
Send a message via MSN to johnhsp Send a message via Yahoo to johnhsp Send a message via Skype™ to johnhsp
Default Anyone Try Nomadio React radio

Can i know who already using Nomadio React radio,compare to 3PK,M11,Helios which one better,currently i am using 3PK with Spectrum pro,thinking change to Nomadio React radio,got some opinion for me thank
Power by Rapicon fuel
johnhsp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 06:34 PM   #2
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnhsp
Can i know who already using Nomadio React radio,compare to 3PK,M11,Helios which one better,currently i am using 3PK with Spectrum pro,thinking change to Nomadio React radio,got some opinion for me thank
I think what you have is more than adequate. You could get Futaba's FASST system (2.4Ghz too) for your 3PK if you're unhappy with spektrum.
Old 03-27-2007, 06:38 PM   #3
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Honestly...the light weight and the comfort of the React are what steered me to Nomadio...

The feedback and support directly from Nomadio is also a nice plus.
ChrisP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 08:14 PM   #4
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisP
Honestly...the light weight and the comfort of the React are what steered me to Nomadio...

The feedback and support directly from Nomadio is also a nice plus.
+1. I sold my M11/Spektum setup and bought the React. The weight, or lack there of is awesome. The built in telemetry is great. I know at all times the voltage of my rx pack. I also installed the temp sensor to monitor engine temps. It may or may not be accurate, but at the moment it measures within a couple of degrees of my temp gun, and I can set it to give me an alert it the temp gets above what ever temp I select.

Another thing that is great is the Nomadio React Desktop which allows you to set any function on the radio. I suggest you download it just to see what it looks like. And by the way it has every feature that any of the others have.

Also the TX and RX get FREE firmware updates with out having to send the radio into a factory. Just plug into your computers usb port and bingo its done. It's great!

Last but not least is you can use it to play Virtual RC without buying the extra USB connector thingamabob and as Nomadio says, its "The fastest radio period."

Factor in the best support I've seen in R/C World and I don't think you can go wrong.
Attached Thumbnails
Anyone Try Nomadio React radio-react-wrap-web04.jpg  
royfan33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 09:08 PM   #5
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via MSN to johnhsp Send a message via Yahoo to johnhsp Send a message via Skype™ to johnhsp

here is someone give me opinion,what you ppl thinking

React can connect with Spektrum receiver when install new downloaded software. But the problem is, the system is not very stable, some people have no problem but some didn't work. I thought they (Nomadio) will provide better software later but not now obviously.
Power by Rapicon fuel
Old 03-27-2007, 09:24 PM   #6
Tech Addict

Quote:
here is someone give me opinion,what you ppl thinking

React can connect with Spektrum receiver when install new downloaded software. But the problem is, the system is not very stable, some people have no problem but some didn't work. I thought they (Nomadio) will provide better software later but not now obviously.
Use the Nomadio receiver?
Old 03-27-2007, 09:48 PM   #7
Tech Fanatic

so can i know nomadio can use spectrum pro receiver??
Power by Rapicon fuel
Old 03-27-2007, 09:51 PM   #8
Tech Fanatic

thank bro,i think i will sold out my 3pk buy nomadio,but nomadio receiver is biggest than other receiver am i right

Quote:
Originally Posted by royfan33
+1. I sold my M11/Spektum setup and bought the React. The weight, or lack there of is awesome. The built in telemetry is great. I know at all times the voltage of my rx pack. I also installed the temp sensor to monitor engine temps. It may or may not be accurate, but at the moment it measures within a couple of degrees of my temp gun, and I can set it to give me an alert it the temp gets above what ever temp I select.

Another thing that is great is the Nomadio React Desktop which allows you to set any function on the radio. I suggest you download it just to see what it looks like. And by the way it has every feature that any of the others have.

Also the TX and RX get FREE firmware updates with out having to send the radio into a factory. Just plug into your computers usb port and bingo its done. It's great!

Last but not least is you can use it to play Virtual RC without buying the extra USB connector thingamabob and as Nomadio says, its "The fastest radio period."

Factor in the best support I've seen in R/C World and I don't think you can go wrong.
Power by Rapicon fuel
Old 03-27-2007, 11:37 PM   #9
Tech Regular

Quote:
thank bro,i think i will sold out my 3pk buy nomadio,but nomadio receiver is biggest than other receiver am i right
Yes its bigger than the Spektrum receiver, but it has telemetry built in. Nomadio is coming out with a smaller receiver without telemetry in the near future.

I see you run the G4S, so I will post a couple of pics of my install. It requires a little filing of the mount, and I filed the side of the Rx case some too. It fits like a glove now.

The blue, purple, and yellow wires that you see are for the temp sensor.
Attached Thumbnails
Anyone Try Nomadio React radio-react-install007.jpg   Anyone Try Nomadio React radio-react-install010.jpg  
Old 03-27-2007, 11:43 PM   #10
Tech Fanatic

wow really thank you bro,so u mean nomadio better than 3pk,i think i will change to nomadio,nomadio can use spektrum receiver or not

Quote:
Yes its bigger than the Spektrum receiver, but it has telemetry built in. Nomadio is coming out with a smaller receiver without telemetry in the near future.

I see you run the G4S, so I will post a couple of pics of my install. It requires a little filing of the mount, and I filed the side of the Rx case some too. It fits like a glove now.

The blue, purple, and yellow wires that you see are for the temp sensor.
Power by Rapicon fuel
Old 03-28-2007, 09:49 AM   #11
Tech Regular

Quote:
wow really thank you bro,so u mean nomadio better than 3pk,i think i will change to nomadio,nomadio can use spektrum receiver or not
You're welcome. I can't comment on the 3PK as I've never used one. As for your Spektrum receiver, I wouldn't bother with it if you go Nomadio. You can buy the React Tx alone for around $230, and with both TX and RX $280. I see the Spektrum receivers going for around $50 used in good condition to pay the difference....Good luck.

As I mentioned before I think you should download the React software to get a feel for it. You have to download it anyway if you get the radio.
Old 03-28-2007, 04:16 PM   #12
Tech Fanatic

so mean react can use spektrum receiver right,btw thank bro

Quote:
You're welcome. I can't comment on the 3PK as I've never used one. As for your Spektrum receiver, I wouldn't bother with it if you go Nomadio. You can buy the React Tx alone for around $230, and with both TX and RX $280. I see the Spektrum receivers going for around $50 used in good condition to pay the difference....Good luck.

As I mentioned before I think you should download the React software to get a feel for it. You have to download it anyway if you get the radio.
Power by Rapicon fuel
Old 03-28-2007, 06:04 PM   #13
Tech Regular

Quote:
so mean react can use spektrum receiver right,btw thank bro
From my understanding one version of the RC Desktop software supports what they call "da slow mode" aka Spektrum. Go to Nomadio www.nomadio.net to contact support to be sure.....
Old 03-28-2007, 06:23 PM   #14
Tech Fanatic

thx bro i will found it
Power by Rapicon fuel
Old 03-31-2007, 07:23 AM   #15
Tech Fanatic

can i know how to connect spektrum receiver to react step by step thank
Power by Rapicon fuel