R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-27-2007, 04:46 PM   #1
Tech Fanatic
 
johnhsp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 976
Trader Rating: 18 (95%+)
Send a message via MSN to johnhsp Send a message via Yahoo to johnhsp Send a message via Skype™ to johnhsp
Default Anyone Try Nomadio React radio

Can i know who already using Nomadio React radio,compare to 3PK,M11,Helios which one better,currently i am using 3PK with Spectrum pro,thinking change to Nomadio React radio,got some opinion for me thank
__________________
Sanwa M11X With RX451
Xray 808 buggy,Ace DS1015,JP-3 Pipes,VP Pro 803
RB WS7 III,PR21BS(Precirotate),SH PX2009
Power by Rapicon fuel
johnhsp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 06:34 PM   #2
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 660
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnhsp
Can i know who already using Nomadio React radio,compare to 3PK,M11,Helios which one better,currently i am using 3PK with Spectrum pro,thinking change to Nomadio React radio,got some opinion for me thank
I think what you have is more than adequate. You could get Futaba's FASST system (2.4Ghz too) for your 3PK if you're unhappy with spektrum.
__________________
Kyosho V-One RRR - JP Modified Mugen X12 - GQ Racing Tires - Futaba servos - KO Helios w/Spektrum Pro - Maxy's Fuel
Losi 8ight 2.0 RTR for fun times
Dredd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 06:38 PM   #3
Tech Elite
 
ChrisP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Shelby Twp, MI
Posts: 2,046
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Honestly...the light weight and the comfort of the React are what steered me to Nomadio...

The feedback and support directly from Nomadio is also a nice plus.
ChrisP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 08:14 PM   #4
Tech Regular
 
royfan33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 296
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisP
Honestly...the light weight and the comfort of the React are what steered me to Nomadio...

The feedback and support directly from Nomadio is also a nice plus.
+1. I sold my M11/Spektum setup and bought the React. The weight, or lack there of is awesome. The built in telemetry is great. I know at all times the voltage of my rx pack. I also installed the temp sensor to monitor engine temps. It may or may not be accurate, but at the moment it measures within a couple of degrees of my temp gun, and I can set it to give me an alert it the temp gets above what ever temp I select.

Another thing that is great is the Nomadio React Desktop which allows you to set any function on the radio. I suggest you download it just to see what it looks like. And by the way it has every feature that any of the others have.

Also the TX and RX get FREE firmware updates with out having to send the radio into a factory. Just plug into your computers usb port and bingo its done. It's great!

Last but not least is you can use it to play Virtual RC without buying the extra USB connector thingamabob and as Nomadio says, its "The fastest radio period."

Factor in the best support I've seen in R/C World and I don't think you can go wrong.
Attached Thumbnails
Anyone Try Nomadio React radio-react-wrap-web04.jpg  
royfan33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 09:08 PM   #5
Tech Fanatic
 
johnhsp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 976
Trader Rating: 18 (95%+)
Send a message via MSN to johnhsp Send a message via Yahoo to johnhsp Send a message via Skype™ to johnhsp
Default

here is someone give me opinion,what you ppl thinking

React can connect with Spektrum receiver when install new downloaded software. But the problem is, the system is not very stable, some people have no problem but some didn't work. I thought they (Nomadio) will provide better software later but not now obviously.
__________________
Sanwa M11X With RX451
Xray 808 buggy,Ace DS1015,JP-3 Pipes,VP Pro 803
RB WS7 III,PR21BS(Precirotate),SH PX2009
Power by Rapicon fuel
johnhsp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 09:24 PM   #6
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 660
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnhsp
here is someone give me opinion,what you ppl thinking

React can connect with Spektrum receiver when install new downloaded software. But the problem is, the system is not very stable, some people have no problem but some didn't work. I thought they (Nomadio) will provide better software later but not now obviously.
Use the Nomadio receiver?
__________________
Kyosho V-One RRR - JP Modified Mugen X12 - GQ Racing Tires - Futaba servos - KO Helios w/Spektrum Pro - Maxy's Fuel
Losi 8ight 2.0 RTR for fun times
Dredd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 09:48 PM   #7
Tech Fanatic
 
johnhsp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 976
Trader Rating: 18 (95%+)
Send a message via MSN to johnhsp Send a message via Yahoo to johnhsp Send a message via Skype™ to johnhsp
Default

so can i know nomadio can use spectrum pro receiver??
__________________
Sanwa M11X With RX451
Xray 808 buggy,Ace DS1015,JP-3 Pipes,VP Pro 803
RB WS7 III,PR21BS(Precirotate),SH PX2009
Power by Rapicon fuel
johnhsp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 09:51 PM   #8
Tech Fanatic
 
johnhsp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 976
Trader Rating: 18 (95%+)
Send a message via MSN to johnhsp Send a message via Yahoo to johnhsp Send a message via Skype™ to johnhsp
Default

thank bro,i think i will sold out my 3pk buy nomadio,but nomadio receiver is biggest than other receiver am i right


Quote:
Originally Posted by royfan33
+1. I sold my M11/Spektum setup and bought the React. The weight, or lack there of is awesome. The built in telemetry is great. I know at all times the voltage of my rx pack. I also installed the temp sensor to monitor engine temps. It may or may not be accurate, but at the moment it measures within a couple of degrees of my temp gun, and I can set it to give me an alert it the temp gets above what ever temp I select.

Another thing that is great is the Nomadio React Desktop which allows you to set any function on the radio. I suggest you download it just to see what it looks like. And by the way it has every feature that any of the others have.

Also the TX and RX get FREE firmware updates with out having to send the radio into a factory. Just plug into your computers usb port and bingo its done. It's great!

Last but not least is you can use it to play Virtual RC without buying the extra USB connector thingamabob and as Nomadio says, its "The fastest radio period."

Factor in the best support I've seen in R/C World and I don't think you can go wrong.
__________________
Sanwa M11X With RX451
Xray 808 buggy,Ace DS1015,JP-3 Pipes,VP Pro 803
RB WS7 III,PR21BS(Precirotate),SH PX2009
Power by Rapicon fuel
johnhsp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 11:37 PM   #9
Tech Regular
 
royfan33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 296
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnhsp
thank bro,i think i will sold out my 3pk buy nomadio,but nomadio receiver is biggest than other receiver am i right
Yes its bigger than the Spektrum receiver, but it has telemetry built in. Nomadio is coming out with a smaller receiver without telemetry in the near future.

I see you run the G4S, so I will post a couple of pics of my install. It requires a little filing of the mount, and I filed the side of the Rx case some too. It fits like a glove now.

The blue, purple, and yellow wires that you see are for the temp sensor.
Attached Thumbnails
Anyone Try Nomadio React radio-react-install007.jpg   Anyone Try Nomadio React radio-react-install010.jpg  
royfan33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 11:43 PM   #10
Tech Fanatic
 
johnhsp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 976
Trader Rating: 18 (95%+)
Send a message via MSN to johnhsp Send a message via Yahoo to johnhsp Send a message via Skype™ to johnhsp
Default

wow really thank you bro,so u mean nomadio better than 3pk,i think i will change to nomadio,nomadio can use spektrum receiver or not

Quote:
Originally Posted by royfan33
Yes its bigger than the Spektrum receiver, but it has telemetry built in. Nomadio is coming out with a smaller receiver without telemetry in the near future.

I see you run the G4S, so I will post a couple of pics of my install. It requires a little filing of the mount, and I filed the side of the Rx case some too. It fits like a glove now.

The blue, purple, and yellow wires that you see are for the temp sensor.
__________________
Sanwa M11X With RX451
Xray 808 buggy,Ace DS1015,JP-3 Pipes,VP Pro 803
RB WS7 III,PR21BS(Precirotate),SH PX2009
Power by Rapicon fuel
johnhsp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 09:49 AM   #11
Tech Regular
 
royfan33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 296
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnhsp
wow really thank you bro,so u mean nomadio better than 3pk,i think i will change to nomadio,nomadio can use spektrum receiver or not
You're welcome. I can't comment on the 3PK as I've never used one. As for your Spektrum receiver, I wouldn't bother with it if you go Nomadio. You can buy the React Tx alone for around $230, and with both TX and RX $280. I see the Spektrum receivers going for around $50 used in good condition to pay the difference....Good luck.

As I mentioned before I think you should download the React software to get a feel for it. You have to download it anyway if you get the radio.
royfan33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 04:16 PM   #12
Tech Fanatic
 
johnhsp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 976
Trader Rating: 18 (95%+)
Send a message via MSN to johnhsp Send a message via Yahoo to johnhsp Send a message via Skype™ to johnhsp
Default

so mean react can use spektrum receiver right,btw thank bro

Quote:
Originally Posted by royfan33
You're welcome. I can't comment on the 3PK as I've never used one. As for your Spektrum receiver, I wouldn't bother with it if you go Nomadio. You can buy the React Tx alone for around $230, and with both TX and RX $280. I see the Spektrum receivers going for around $50 used in good condition to pay the difference....Good luck.

As I mentioned before I think you should download the React software to get a feel for it. You have to download it anyway if you get the radio.
__________________
Sanwa M11X With RX451
Xray 808 buggy,Ace DS1015,JP-3 Pipes,VP Pro 803
RB WS7 III,PR21BS(Precirotate),SH PX2009
Power by Rapicon fuel
johnhsp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 06:04 PM   #13
Tech Regular
 
royfan33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 296
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnhsp
so mean react can use spektrum receiver right,btw thank bro
From my understanding one version of the RC Desktop software supports what they call "da slow mode" aka Spektrum. Go to Nomadio www.nomadio.net to contact support to be sure.....
royfan33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 06:23 PM   #14
Tech Fanatic
 
johnhsp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 976
Trader Rating: 18 (95%+)
Send a message via MSN to johnhsp Send a message via Yahoo to johnhsp Send a message via Skype™ to johnhsp
Default

thx bro i will found it
__________________
Sanwa M11X With RX451
Xray 808 buggy,Ace DS1015,JP-3 Pipes,VP Pro 803
RB WS7 III,PR21BS(Precirotate),SH PX2009
Power by Rapicon fuel
johnhsp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 07:23 AM   #15
Tech Fanatic
 
johnhsp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 976
Trader Rating: 18 (95%+)
Send a message via MSN to johnhsp Send a message via Yahoo to johnhsp Send a message via Skype™ to johnhsp
Default

can i know how to connect spektrum receiver to react step by step thank
__________________
Sanwa M11X With RX451
Xray 808 buggy,Ace DS1015,JP-3 Pipes,VP Pro 803
RB WS7 III,PR21BS(Precirotate),SH PX2009
Power by Rapicon fuel
johnhsp is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
FS/FT: Nomadio React radio nocigar R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 1 01-27-2008 01:38 PM
Nomadio React Radio rcjunky10 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 18 10-17-2007 10:12 PM
>>> NOMADIO REACT RADIO SYSTEM <<< mach51 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 3 10-12-2007 01:01 PM
Nomadio React Radio rcjunky10 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 1 10-09-2007 01:02 PM
WTB: Nomadio React Radio Hugh R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 1 08-11-2007 09:56 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 04:15 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net