R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 03-31-2007, 09:23 AM   #16
Tech Regular

I have heard to charge the tx battery you must plug in the USB cable? Is there any other way to charge the tx? What if you dont have a computer at the track and need to charge the tx?
wizby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 09:46 AM   #17
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (93%+)
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by wizby
I have heard to charge the tx battery you must plug in the USB cable? Is there any other way to charge the tx? What if you dont have a computer at the track and need to charge the tx?
As long as you got a good qualilty charger that you can adjust the amp current it should'nt be a problem to charge with the charger.
Old 03-31-2007, 10:29 AM   #18
Tech Initiate

i own a react and here is my experience

cool radio cool features but
second time at the track right during the call for the mains my react lost all it's settings . out of the main

lesson learned write down your settings for just such an event

next came the nomadio censorship . i posted a question about react loosing it settings on the nomadio site and it was swiftly removed from public eye , i was told to contact tech support
3 emails about this issue and not one reply from nomadio

i was told there is no problem with react loosing settings , thats funny as the newest software release states one of the fixes is that it's more stable and will no longer lose settings .

nomadio's forum support deletes and hides any possible problem's from public eye , instead of working together to come up with solutions they dust you under the rug with a heavy hand of censorship .

i have not had the react lose settings since updating to the newest software but i stil keep my settings written down.
guess i have a trust issue with react now .

the battery that comes with react is trash! with very short run time , i upgraded to the superbatterypacks 2560mah battery , it is a must upgrade imho

beside what i stated , i really like the radio as long as it keeps it's settings , the features of the radio are tough to beat at the price .

the react radio i believe is the cream of the crop at the moment , i just hope nomadio changes the way they handle techincal issues in the future , a forum should not be censored for the sake of sales and should be used to weed out known problems and for other users to avoid such issues .

cheers

sorry nomdaio i dont believe your hand of censorship extends here too
Nitrogasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 11:54 AM   #19
Tech Elite

A fiend of mine has had the same problems with nomadio sensorship. He has the 'Sensor' and had some issues. In trying to get some input from others that might have similar issues, his posts were deleted. Wasn't trashing them, just trying to get a handle on things.
As far as the 'React' goes. I had the multiplex tx that was in the same case. I could not get used to the feel at all. I tried for quite a while, but eventualy gave up. That is a matter of personal preference, but I recomend anyone try out the radio first. The feel is a little odd. Might be just the ticket for some, but you should race with it first if possible.
duneland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 12:03 PM   #20
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (93%+)
Thumbs up

WOW. that's not good customer service that's why I've been with Airtronics all my years in RC racing with nothing to complain about and my first radio was AM XL2P second radio Calpier and third radio M-8 which I still use with no problems.
Old 03-31-2007, 10:43 PM   #21
Tech Adept

WOW HOLD on couple of things here.. WE HAVE POSTED ON THE NOMADIO forum to please use [email protected] for service issues and that we delete service threads... It is openly published that is the policy we handle customer service as #1 priority. Our service department works even on the weekends and the fastest way to get help is sending an email to [email protected] we take care of you pronto.

We track ALL issues until the customer is happy every one if you need to bash us on forums that is up to you but it will not get you serviced faster then sending an email to [email protected] nor will it stop us from trying to get you prompt service you demand and deserve.

My email is [email protected] and my cell phone is 818 279-1049 and I work / race on the week ends and I ALWAYS put our clients as my top priority. Up to and including I am known for going the extra mine for our drivers.
Nomadio_Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 10:55 PM   #22
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomadio_Sales
WOW HOLD on couple of things here.. WE HAVE POSTED ON THE NOMADIO forum to please use [email protected] for service issues and that we delete service threads... It is openly published that is the policy we handle customer service as #1 priority. Our service department works even on the weekends and the fastest way to get help is sending an email to [email protected] we take care of you pronto.

We track ALL issues until the customer is happy every one if you need to bash us on forums that is up to you but it will not get you serviced faster then sending an email to [email protected] nor will it stop us from trying to get you prompt service you demand and deserve.

My email is [email protected] and my cell phone is 818 279-1049 and I work / race on the week ends and I ALWAYS put our clients as my top priority. Up to and including I am known for going the extra mine for our drivers.
i have sent nomatio several emails in regards to their products and they have always sent me prompt responses. i think they are a standup company and the r/c community should realize that. all these keyboard warriors should sit back and comprehend that this company is another integration into transcending r/c inot mainstream society. my 2 cents. (i am sure the tino's of this forum will lash out because of the truth)
Joe Chaplow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 11:03 PM   #23
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (95%+)
Send a message via MSN to johnhsp Send a message via Yahoo to johnhsp Send a message via Skype™ to johnhsp

oh god got problems?just buy my nomadio react,don't tell me got problems
Power by Rapicon fuel
johnhsp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 11:22 PM   #24
Tech Adept

LOL we have a fantastic product and as with any product some times things happen just the way life is but think about this its 1:21AM on a weekend and you are getting a response from the company try that with other brands
Old 04-01-2007, 12:44 AM   #25
Tech Initiate

who is bashing ?
i simply stated my first hand experience
i also gave the radio high acclaim if you read back through my post , my peave is with how i was treated during and after my problem . not a single return email on why my radio lost settings .
it was not until this latest firmware update that the company even admited there was a previous problem of the react losing settings as it states in the release notes that it fixes settings being lost .

chill
Old 04-01-2007, 06:58 AM   #26
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomadio_Sales
LOL we have a fantastic product and as with any product some times things happen just the way life is but think about this its 1:21AM on a weekend and you are getting a response from the company try that with other brands
Its O.K. Nothing posted has had an impact on me not buying your product. Everyone is trying to be helpful and share experience. Who is selling these in Australia? Where do you order the nice adhesive covers from?
vc05hdt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 11:13 AM   #27
Tech Adept

There was a post that is no longer here that was a bash fest...

Down under is handled by Ace Hobby Distributors LLC
Old 04-01-2007, 09:20 PM   #28
Tech Initiate

well it was not a post by me that was deleted or bashing you

but today was the final straw for my react radio as well as another racer at my local track speedworld in roseville ca.

first off one of my fellow racers who bought his react after my high regards ,had nasty problems with his react everytime he hit the throttle the steering servo would freak out and steer to the left , he couldnt drive the car and ended his day early . i asked if he had the very latest firmware and he did.
he was plauged by radio hits , while my radio worked fine during the morning .
in my last qualifier i now began having the same type glitching issues .
i raced the main anyway and only had 2 bad radio hits during 30 mins .

today was the last and final straw my react is going up for sale .

im sure nomadio will take this as a bash , but unfortunately when you spend a good sum of money on something you expect a certain level of performance and today react did not live up to 2 different racers expectation

nice try nomadio but im going back to a radio system i can lay trust in .

cheers
Old 04-02-2007, 12:05 AM   #29
Tech Initiate

friend had a nomadio react which had problems, couldn't hold a charge. from that i would say stick with the 3pk. 3pks and m11 imo are the most reliable transmitters on the market atm.
steveatcal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 12:50 AM   #30
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (95%+)
Send a message via MSN to johnhsp Send a message via Yahoo to johnhsp Send a message via Skype™ to johnhsp

yap i charge whole day only 5.68v,i using my much more charger to charge still same wht happen,i thinking 3pk really better,so bad i sold out my 3pk
Power by Rapicon fuel
johnhsp is offline   Reply With Quote