Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ntc3 Rtr And Kit Question

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2003, 03:52 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Ntc3 Rtr And Kit Question

Hello all im sopose to be ordering my first nitro ever. I want the NTC3 but i am arguing with people about the rtr's and the kits. Ive heard that the rtr's handling sucks really bad and the car isnt all that good. Im really on a budget i cannot spend 800$ for a kit, engine, electronics etc. I just dont have that money right now. I want to take it slow so i said im going with the NTC3 RTR and upgrade it with hop ups to convert it into a kit and now I am hearing that its impossible to do that so i am asking help i need it really bad i dont know what to do ive been waiting to get my car for over 3 months and now ive got a week to know what im doing I NEED YOU HELP!! What should i do? What are the differences of a kit and rtr. except the things listed on the rc10.com website and the engine and electronics??!?! i am very confused pplease help
Thank you,
Cheers
Old 03-31-2003, 05:32 PM
Tech Addict

from what I know the difference are:
RTR / KIT
1 speed / 2 speed
plastic shocks / threaded shocks
am radio / choose ur own
.12 ae engine / choose ur own
standard servos / choose ur own

I think the rest are the same. first to consider is your budget, if you can afford the kit i will strongly recommend you to buy that rather then rtr. but if you're in a tight budget and wanted to play as soon as possible, then let it be buy the rtr. to tell you frankly the am radio (jaguar) included in the rtr looks like a radio for a toy rc, not for anything but thats how i look at it. and i dont like the blue color.
for a beginner that is usually the confusion and if you will stay long with the hobby, I'm sure you want to try racing and gearing for more speed then yoou will realize that it would be cheaper and practical if you buy the kit instead.
my final suggestion, be patient, save money and buy the kit. but again its all up to you bro. gud luck!!

Last edited by thefuzzclub; 03-31-2003 at 05:39 PM.
Old 03-31-2003, 06:42 PM
Tech Apprentice

Yeah i would save up but the thing is my mom dont like seein my money go that fast so if i take it slow she wont notice how much i spend hah im only 15 heh with no job but getting one for the summer
Old 03-31-2003, 08:19 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)
Default rtr/kit

i only run the electric TC3 and was wondering this about the NTC3 RTR...

how much slower is the motor that comes with the RTR?
if i wanted to sell that motor is it worth anything?

can you remove the pullstart to use a starter box?

I already have a FM Pistol so how much would the RTRs pistol, esc, and rx be worth if i sold it?

My main concentration is electrics but I was thinking of picking up a Nitro to enter an occasional endurance and some parking lot bashing.
Old 03-31-2003, 08:24 PM
Tech Master

the kit doesn't come with an engine

and the engine that comes with the RTR brand new is around $115 at tower
Old 03-31-2003, 08:26 PM
Tech Master

also,you dont need to remove the P/S to use a starter box
Old 04-01-2003, 03:16 AM
Tech Addict

hey im only 15, nearly 16, but my advice would be to buy the kit,
for a few reasons.

Its better
U get to learn straight away how it goes togethor.
U know how to fix it cause u know how it goes to gethor.
Cheaper in the long run.
Better parts pre on the Kit.

I have a Stock V-One S
im half way thru my second litre of fuel. I dont get to race much, but now that i have it, including the price i Have spent on buying it, it has cost me around 950$ and i am still stock

so your mum will notice, but dont worry, explain to her, my mum didnt even want me to get one.

So yeah, buy the kit.
Much better. few guys in my club have the NTC3 kit, and they luv it, they recommened it over the RTR NTC3
Old 04-01-2003, 05:29 PM
Tech Adept

i bought the rtr Tc3. i was always a person who said kit nstead of rtr but when i got a job, i thought rtr because of time reasons. the only problem i see with the NTc3 rtr are the tires which are god awful and the no 2speed, everything else is great on the rtr

learning to work on it int too hard with that car, id say the suspension would be the toughest part. the drivetrain on ths car is like a 1/8 buggy, simple