R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-22-2007, 06:32 AM   #1
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Portugal
Posts: 32
Default Motonica P8.0R Kits are on their way

Hi!

Motonica P8.0R kits are scheduled to arrive tomorrow.
You can check it out here.

Remember that customers from outside the EU have to deduct VAT (in this case 21%) from the listed price.
areal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 05:03 AM   #2
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Portugal
Posts: 32
Default

Kits are in!
areal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 08:50 AM   #3
Tech Fanatic
 
Serpentd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Evans, CO. USA
Posts: 798
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by areal
Kits are in!
Do you have everything to support this kit? Like a 100% of the parts that go to the kit? Someone like myself would need to stock up on a lot of parts to be able to run this car. I would probably need to by $500 dollars in parts as well as the car. Also, I don't understand the price. If I live in the US, how much would this car cost me in USD with shipping? Just an estimate at least. Thanks for your help. I am quite interested in this car.
__________________
Blessed are the SIC
Serpentd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 09:18 AM   #4
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Portugal
Posts: 32
Default

Yes, we stock everything for the Motonica P8.0R kits.

Regarding the price, by law, the price displayed to the user has to include our country VAT (in this case 21%).

If a customer from outside the European Union wants to buy a kit, we have to deduct the VAT (again 21%), because you are subjected to your country's laws and taxes.

In your case, you would pay 827 Euro / 1.21 = 683 Euro + 60 Euro for shipping = 743 Euro ~ 987 USD.

As with any transaction overseas, you will probably have to pay some sort of tax, or something like that, when the order arrives to the US customs.

If you have any more questions, please fell free to post them or use the website contact information.

Thanks!

Last edited by areal; 03-23-2007 at 11:44 AM.
areal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 09:18 AM   #5
Tech Master
 
ziggy12345's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: West Midlands, UK
Posts: 1,596
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serpentd
Do you have everything to support this kit? Like a 100% of the parts that go to the kit? Someone like myself would need to stock up on a lot of parts to be able to run this car. I would probably need to by $500 dollars in parts as well as the car. Also, I don't understand the price. If I live in the US, how much would this car cost me in USD with shipping? Just an estimate at least. Thanks for your help. I am quite interested in this car.
about twice as much as an Evolva and about the same speed
__________________
Dedicated RC Car Speed Site

http://www.fast-rc.co.uk/forum/index.php

Sponsored by:
Norfolk and Chance
ziggy12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 09:30 AM   #6
Tech Fanatic
 
Serpentd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Evans, CO. USA
Posts: 798
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by areal
Yes, we stock everything for the Motonica P8.0R kits.

Regarding the price, by law, the price displayed to the user has to include our country VAT (in this case 21%).

If a customer from outside the European Union wants to buy a kit, we have to deduct the VAT (again 21%), because you are subjected to your country's laws and taxes.

In your case, you would pay 749 Euro / 1.21 = 619 Euro + 60 Euro for shipping = 679 Euro ~ 902 USD.

As with any transaction overseas, you will probably have to pay some sort of tax, or something like that, when the order arrives to the US customs.

If you have any more questions, please fell free to post them or use the website contact information.

Thanks!
Dude, thank you very much for the prompt responce. Does this car support the Serpent wheel or the other type? I have a life time supply of Serpent tires on hand, and want a car to support these tires. I don't want the Serpent 960, and I would be changing from the Slide which also uses the Serpent style rim. Thank you very much for you help!
__________________
Blessed are the SIC
Serpentd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 09:33 AM   #7
Tech Fanatic
 
Serpentd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Evans, CO. USA
Posts: 798
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggy12345
about twice as much as an Evolva and about the same speed
Yeah dude, I know. But $$ doesn't effect my decision on things in life. Plus I like to be different and try different things. However it does cost a lot more to be different due to parts support at the track and all. There are already enough Kyosho's at the track. I'm just very interested in this cars design.
__________________
Blessed are the SIC
Serpentd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 09:48 AM   #8
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Portugal
Posts: 32
Default

Hi!

I'm very sorry, but Motonica has their own tyres/rims (XTyres).
However, I never tried to install Serpent rims on the car, but I'll do this:

I'm currently assembling one kit (for me) and I'll try to fit the Serpent rims and then I'll let you know.
If everything goes smooth, I'll have an answer for you later today.
areal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 09:53 AM   #9
Tech Fanatic
 
Serpentd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Evans, CO. USA
Posts: 798
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by areal
Hi!

I'm very sorry, but Motonica has their own tyres/rims (XTyres).
However, I never tried to install Serpent rims on the car, but I'll do this:

I'm currently assembling one kit (for me) and I'll try to fit the Serpent rims and then I'll let you know.
If everything goes smooth, I'll have an answer for you later today.
Thank you areal. Appreciate your help very much. Look forward to hearing from you. you should post a few pics as you go. Would love to see some pics of that machine. Thanks bro!
__________________
Blessed are the SIC
Serpentd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 11:22 AM   #10
Tech Addict
 
speedracer1bp's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 504
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default Motonica

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggy12345
about twice as much as an Evolva and about the same speed
Evolva WC is about $730.....the Motonica is about $900. Motonica also comes with semi-matalic brakes, a machined down front one way. Also, change the pin on the axel (to the kyosho) and Kyosho tires wheels fit. Also, the Kyosho belts work perfectly.. I just got mine assembled. I live in so-cal...
later
speedracer1bp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 11:41 AM   #11
Tech Fanatic
 
Serpentd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Evans, CO. USA
Posts: 798
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedracer1bp
Evolva WC is about $730.....the Motonica is about $900. Motonica also comes with semi-matalic brakes, a machined down front one way. Also, change the pin on the axel (to the kyosho) and Kyosho tires wheels fit. Also, the Kyosho belts work perfectly.. I just got mine assembled. I live in so-cal...
later
Dude, that is great news. Is there a US distributor yet, or did you order form over seas? I'm still curious whether or not the Serpent wheels fit simple for the fact I have well over 50 sets of fronts and rears. Not because I don't want another brand, I just have a bunch of these that I don't want to go to waste. Thanks for any input. BTW, was is your overall impression of the car? It looks sweet as hell! Thanks dude for your input man. Later!
__________________
Blessed are the SIC
Serpentd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 11:49 AM   #12
Tech Master
 
SMcpot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: SoCal
Posts: 1,237
Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedracer1bp
Evolva WC is about $730.....the Motonica is about $900. Motonica also comes with semi-matalic brakes, a machined down front one way. Also, change the pin on the axel (to the kyosho) and Kyosho tires wheels fit. Also, the Kyosho belts work perfectly.. I just got mine assembled. I live in so-cal...
later
Actually, I've seen the WC for $650
SMcpot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 12:14 PM   #13
Tech Addict
 
speedracer1bp's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 504
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default Motonica

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serpentd
Dude, that is great news. Is there a US distributor yet, or did you order form over seas? I'm still curious whether or not the Serpent wheels fit simple for the fact I have well over 50 sets of fronts and rears. Not because I don't want another brand, I just have a bunch of these that I don't want to go to waste. Thanks for any input. BTW, was is your overall impression of the car? It looks sweet as hell! Thanks dude for your input man. Later!
I got mine from overseas. I have not run mine but Dude! it looks awesome. Aside from the Wow factor, I think the itialians hit this out of the park. I'm like you, $ was not my deciding factor, I believe I was one of the first few Evolva guys in the US by getting my car from Champ before anyone knew of Champ.
To my knowledge, there is no US distributor yet...it will get better when there is. But like you, I like to be different. I have not heard of any other Motonica's here yet. I'm racing at the Airtronics race this weekend, (not the Motonica though. just got it together and no tune time) and will see.
I have a great contact in Italy for a Motonica dealer and will e-mail you his contact info if you'd like. You probably won't hear from me until late Sun. night as I will be at the race.
Do you race with Sal and Robert??
Speed
speedracer1bp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 12:39 PM   #14
Tech Fanatic
 
Serpentd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Evans, CO. USA
Posts: 798
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedracer1bp
I got mine from overseas. I have not run mine but Dude! it looks awesome. Aside from the Wow factor, I think the itialians hit this out of the park. I'm like you, $ was not my deciding factor, I believe I was one of the first few Evolva guys in the US by getting my car from Champ before anyone knew of Champ.
To my knowledge, there is no US distributor yet...it will get better when there is. But like you, I like to be different. I have not heard of any other Motonica's here yet. I'm racing at the Airtronics race this weekend, (not the Motonica though. just got it together and no tune time) and will see.
I have a great contact in Italy for a Motonica dealer and will e-mail you his contact info if you'd like. You probably won't hear from me until late Sun. night as I will be at the race.
Do you race with Sal and Robert??
Speed
Dude Sweet! Why yes I race with Sal and Robert. I've been racing with them for close to 8+ years. Two of the most cool and composed guys I know in RC both on and off the track. If it wasn't for them, we wouldn't be able to race and have our club. Plus I get to see how well I'm doing by comparing my lap times with there. Very incredible drivers. That's way cool that you broght them up. How do you know Sal and Robert?

And yes, I would love to have you email me with your info that you have. I would appreciate it very much. My email is:

[email protected]

So thank you very much bro. Glad to hear that the car is as SIC as I assumed. I would be moving from Slide to this. So yes, I seem to go against the grain somewhat. As far as your Airtronics race comming up, best of luck to you my friend. I will be anctious to here how you did. Too bad your not racing the Motonica. But, I understand your reason. Need to work out the "new car blues" at the club track, not a big race. To much frustration and all. Can you do me a favor if you have the chance some time, and check to see if the Serpent wheels have a chance to work on this car. I just have such a HUGE supply of these tires, I would like to avoid tire changes. Even if I had to modify the rim somewhat, or try different axels. I understand you have a busy weekend ahead of you, so no hurry at all. Thanks for the responce man. It's way appreciated!!! Again, best of luck to you this weekend dude! Later bro!
__________________
Blessed are the SIC
Serpentd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 04:26 PM   #15
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: colorado springs
Posts: 225
Default

Nice looking 1/8th. I'm with Serpentd, I would like to see some better pictures of it.

Darren - You don't need a different car to be different, you just are . See ya in April.
darkangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Motonica P8.0R jozat R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 1 12-30-2007 08:20 PM
Motonica P8.0R jozat R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 0 12-30-2007 06:31 PM
motonica-2wd pan........... Taylorm Nitro On-Road 10 05-29-2007 05:42 AM
Motonica coming wario69 Nitro On-Road 33 04-24-2007 02:30 PM
Motonica Kits are in ! border r/c Nitro On-Road 60 02-21-2007 08:19 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 03:41 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net