Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 03-23-2007, 04:48 PM   #16
Suspended

WHERE ARE PICS OF THIS CAR?
MERCCER4LIFE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 04:59 PM   #17
LCM
Tech Initiate

Hello everybody, this is my first message in this forum. Ive decided to join this forum to answer serpentd, because im a motonica driver in spain, and ive a direct line with the Spanish Motonica dealer, so ive fresh information about the car. Im sorry, but if you decide to get a P.8.0R, you will not be abble to use your Serpent rims, because the Motonica rims are the same as the Mugen or Kyosho, so bad luck in this way. The original rim for the Motonica, is the X Tires, but the only difference between the X tires and the Mugen/Kyosho rims is that the pin in the wheel axle is 2 mm longer in the Motonica than in the Mugen /Kyosho, so the only thing you should do is cut 2 mm of the original pin and you will be abble to use them all, X Tires, Kyosho or Mugen rims, but not the Serpents.
Concerning the car, im doing the same lap times than with my previous car (Mugen), the first time that i put the car on the track. In the first Spanish Championship Race, i was into the topo 10 drivers, watching the fastest lap, but i came into engine problems in the semi, so i couldnt make the final. Next monday ill receive the "R" update kit, that is suppossed to apport a couple of tenths, and that would be amazing.
Motonica Italy is pussing very hard to arrive to the worlds in good shape, in the first year of production, the Motonica drivers have receive a free new chassis, and dozens of new free plastic parts to improove the generic car. For a racing driver, this is amazing, because you feel like you are into a big team. The P.8.0 is a different car, very well constructed and dessigned, and is a pleassure to drive it.

Hope to have helped every body, at least ive tried.
See you on the tracks
LCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 05:54 PM   #18
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

The Motonica looks very nice and high quality. I like to go against the grain myself but I can only afford to do it with an XR8. Hopefully it isn't too ruff when I get on the track.
Wanabrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 08:38 PM   #19
Tech Adept

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by LCM
Hello everybody, this is my first message in this forum. Ive decided to join this forum to answer serpentd, because im a motonica driver in spain, and ive a direct line with the Spanish Motonica dealer, so ive fresh information about the car. Im sorry, but if you decide to get a P.8.0R, you will not be abble to use your Serpent rims, because the Motonica rims are the same as the Mugen or Kyosho, so bad luck in this way. The original rim for the Motonica, is the X Tires, but the only difference between the X tires and the Mugen/Kyosho rims is that the pin in the wheel axle is 2 mm longer in the Motonica than in the Mugen /Kyosho, so the only thing you should do is cut 2 mm of the original pin and you will be abble to use them all, X Tires, Kyosho or Mugen rims, but not the Serpents.
Concerning the car, im doing the same lap times than with my previous car (Mugen), the first time that i put the car on the track. In the first Spanish Championship Race, i was into the topo 10 drivers, watching the fastest lap, but i came into engine problems in the semi, so i couldnt make the final. Next monday ill receive the "R" update kit, that is suppossed to apport a couple of tenths, and that would be amazing.
Motonica Italy is pussing very hard to arrive to the worlds in good shape, in the first year of production, the Motonica drivers have receive a free new chassis, and dozens of new free plastic parts to improove the generic car. For a racing driver, this is amazing, because you feel like you are into a big team. The P.8.0 is a different car, very well constructed and dessigned, and is a pleassure to drive it.

See you on the tracks
what is the basic setup? How does it handle
younghovaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 01:34 AM   #20
Tech Addict

Today we go out for the first testing with the P8.0R.
as last season we did already some testing but the car wil be now on a competive level.
tomorrow first club race at the MACH track.
of course we will stock all parts again.
we will attend with 3 cars already to start the season here Mugen/Kyosho rims fits fine.

parts here Parts online

For more foto's just look here
Motonica P8.0R

3Racing-Ride-BRP-Team Orion-XRAY-HUDY-Serpent-Kyosho-Lrp-Speed Passion-MR33-JG-and many more
border r/c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 02:25 AM   #21
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by LCM

See you on the tracks
Can you tell us the main difference of the R version please?
choisan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 04:01 AM   #22
LCM
Tech Initiate

The basic set up handles very well at the beggining, but i felt like the car was very easy to drive, the lap times where very consistent, but a bit hights. In the first race, i only had time to experiment with the front tranny, and because the grip was very hight, i tried the Y and X front aluminium extra pieces to make the chassis more rigid, and it worked very well. Front roll center up, sway bar (front and rear) medium hard, and shocks in its higher position (front) and medium (rear) with 800 dampening oil. I ussed a supper hard springs from a friend of me, beccause nowadays i dont have any others than the ones in the kit. I ussed 37s all arround and that could have been a mistake, because i should have used 35s in the front. The grip was amazing, so much that in the previous trining sessions in the satturday morning, i traction-rolled with new tires.

The main differences with the R version must be that the R chassis is 2,5 mm shorter, and the car comes more aggresive as you mount it right from the box. No less than 25 references are different, but ill receive my kit on monday or tuesday, so today i can only tell you the things that ive heard from the dealers.

Hope to have helped.
See you on the tracks
Old 03-24-2007, 04:12 AM   #23
Tech Master

thanks! When you get more detail on the difference of "R", pls kindly share with us. The only thing not perfect to me is the shock, it uses the same old Kyosho type format, which it uses a spring clip at the bottom of the shock body to lock the telfon and o-rings, compared with Mugen's and other's,...... this may be less strong, this is the experience from my pervious V1R, hope this improves.
Old 03-24-2007, 04:25 AM   #24
LCM
Tech Initiate

Ill do that for shure. Concerning the shocks, ive never had any problem whith this sistem, neither with Kyosho nor Motonica ones, but in the R kit, there comes a new shocks bodyes, i dont know the difference, but ill test them whem i received the kit.
Old 03-24-2007, 04:33 AM   #25
Tech Master

thanks again, hope it changes to mugen or serpent type. pls do keep us posted. but at least i can tell from the website the spring stopper's color has changed from red to some other color.
Old 03-24-2007, 04:15 PM   #26
Tech Initiate

I hope you all like them!

As for assembly, and until now, no problems whatsoever.

I'll post a few more when I finish.

areal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 05:39 PM   #27
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by areal

looks very good....where in the usa can you get these kits?
MERCCER4LIFE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 07:11 PM   #28
Tech Initiate

As far as I know there is still no USA distributor.
areal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 07:13 PM   #29
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by areal

Nice car, i saw the 8.0 before, i love it. I want to order one, but what is R having? Pls advise.
Old 03-24-2007, 07:29 PM   #30
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Really nice, beefy looking parts. Would be a shame if they didn't have distribution in the U.S.
SMcpot is offline   Reply With Quote