R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 04-12-2007, 09:31 AM   #16

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Artificial-I

I havent driven my kawahara's yet. But almost all wheels ive come across wobble before you even use them. At least one or two in a set , from mild to noticable. As in the rim isnt straight/true. The kawaharas are the only one Ive seen that spins perfectly true. At least to where I cant see any wobble when truing them. As for strength not sure. But that was a welcomed sight.

Cant wait to try them during the Main.
Artificial-I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 12:55 PM   #17
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirio2127
Hi Fellas, Kawahara Tyrers are very very good. There is an A rim witch looks just like a Grp rim and there is a B style rim it is a 5 spoke. The A rim is a std type rim and the B type of rim is a flexable rim there made like that to give even more bite as the rim flexes much more than the "A" style rim. The "B" Style rim can warp if you hit somthing or come off the track and hit the right spot. Boat Types are very very good and i strongly recamend them. Regards Jeremy.

on the label if it has A on them then they have 0 deg. offset and if they have no letter or B than they have 1 deg. offset. most people miss that. i've tested them a little and found out that the multi spoke/grp looking rim produce better lap times. the same goes for 1/8. the A rims are faster than the B style
VP Fuel
Hot Race Tires
Vince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 11:33 PM   #18
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artificial-I
I havent driven my kawahara's yet. But almost all wheels ive come across wobble before you even use them. At least one or two in a set , from mild to noticable. As in the rim isnt straight/true. The kawaharas are the only one Ive seen that spins perfectly true. At least to where I cant see any wobble when truing them. As for strength not sure. But that was a welcomed sight.

Cant wait to try them during the Main.
I'm planning to buy few boxes of Z-953 ( 2 26mm & 3 32mm ) 40 shores from pro shop futaba.

asw7576 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 05:12 AM   #19
Tech Adept

These are the ones that i purchased but in 37 shore compound.

http://cgi.ebay.com/NIB-1-10-40-shor...QQcmdZViewItem
charlesd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 12:08 AM   #20
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by pioneer
I noticed everyone is complaining about the rims bending or breaking . If you guys stay off the walls they won't bend or break . Any wheel on the market will bend or break if you if you hit hard enough.
uh huh...what are you trying to say there?

That I can't drive...if so you would be right
Old 04-14-2007, 02:40 AM   #21
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dredd
uh huh...what are you trying to say there?

That I can't drive...if so you would be right
I don't think he meant that............

Once I like to hit the wall and get broken wheels very often. I feel wasting money on wheels ( coz the tires were still new but it was bent after 2 minutes driving ).

I tried to setup my car properly ( took me 1 year !!! ) to drive like Michael Schumacher j/k. Now, I don't hit the wall. Good handling car is the key for success.

Last edited by asw7576; 04-14-2007 at 04:07 AM.
asw7576 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 02:52 AM   #22
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

good tyres, a little on the soft side, and hence, i found that i chunk the rears if i do not round the edges a fair amount. they are good foamies though.

it's hard to say if they are the best, or not as i have found different rim stiffness to help in various situations. the kawaharra rims are not as flimsy and soft as the grp's so, at least they don't warp at just glancing a ripple strip.

i really like the Active rims, and find that the harder active rim (i think, im not sure though!) helps with the wear of the foam, as compared to the kawalahallalaas
TomB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 06:15 AM   #23

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Artificial-I

Mine are split spoke 6 stars and the plastic has almost a kinda translucent look to them. They look different than what is pictured above.
Artificial-I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 10:58 AM   #24
ALG
Tech Regular

Tires work different form track to track. depends on the asphalt the are on and the type of additive on the track.

If one brand of tire works great on a track it may not work as good on another track.

Regards
ALG is offline   Reply With Quote