R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 03-31-2003, 11:46 AM   #16
Tech Adept

Send a message via AIM to Aeon Racer

Ooops, by starting I meant when it stops running. Heh, sorry I wasn't thinking straight yet (too early). Anyway, what I meant was when you give it more than 1/3 throttle and it dies, does it sound like its bogging or does the engine just cut off? That should clue you in as to what the problem is. If its bogging, its getting too much fuel, meaning you should lean it, if it just sounds like it cuts then it's not getting enough fuel, so richen. If you have any more questions post them and we'll try to figure out what the problem is.
Aeon Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2003, 06:27 PM   #17
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally posted by Aeon Racer
Ooops, by starting I meant when it stops running. Heh, sorry I wasn't thinking straight yet (too early). Anyway, what I meant was when you give it more than 1/3 throttle and it dies, does it sound like its bogging or does the engine just cut off? That should clue you in as to what the problem is. If its bogging, its getting too much fuel, meaning you should lean it, if it just sounds like it cuts then it's not getting enough fuel, so richen. If you have any more questions post them and we'll try to figure out what the problem is.
Oh, the engine just cutoff. Ok, I will let you guys know the progress.
mave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2003, 10:12 AM   #18
Tech Adept

Default engine still cuts

Yup, I tried the engine out.
I tried all setting, and the funny thing is , if I run the car on a long straight with full throttle, the engine does not cut. But when I run the engine on the tracks, it cuts for some reason.... Don't understand why.
Also, my engine is very quiet. I can barely hear my engine among the other cars. Many other drivers were surprise by the punch of the engine and the quietness.... strange
Old 04-06-2003, 10:30 AM   #19
Tech Adept

WHY DON'T YOU JUST TRY A NEW GLOW PLUG?? THEN PUT YOUR NEDDLE AT FACTORY SETTINGS AND TRY AGAIN!!

GOOD LUCK!! CIAO!
paulfitipauldi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2003, 10:25 AM   #20
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally posted by paulfitipauldi
WHY DON'T YOU JUST TRY A NEW GLOW PLUG?? THEN PUT YOUR NEDDLE AT FACTORY SETTINGS AND TRY AGAIN!!

GOOD LUCK!! CIAO!
Actually that is a new plug that I used. But I will try again.
By the way, should I be using Hot, Medium or cold plug. I have been using the Medium plug.
Old 04-07-2003, 10:36 AM   #21
Tech Addict

Depends on the fuel you are running.
BallPy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2003, 10:38 AM   #22
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally posted by BallPy
Depends on the fuel you are running.
I'm using 25%
Old 04-07-2003, 10:39 AM   #23
Tech Addict

I would use a cold to medium plug. I have good luck with #8's.
BallPy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2003, 10:41 AM   #24
Tech Adept

Quote:
the weather here is rather warm. above 29 degree C. How?
Old 04-18-2003, 08:28 AM   #25
Tech Adept

Quote:
Hi Guys,

this is my result in testing the OS engine. It maybe because of the pipe.
I am running the NTC3 with the dual chamber pipes. I was trying to tune the engine in the afternoon and the temperature here is about 30 degree C.
I have problem tuning the engine as the engine cuts every now and then. But once I change to the single chamber pipes, I was able to run two tanks without the engine cutting.

Then on a separate day, I tried to run the engine again. But this time the engine cuts again. I tried almost 3hours and believe me I did not even finish one tank. I decided to take a break and dump the RC car into the boot of my car and went for lunch.

Then the sky starts to get very cloudy, I thought I will just give the car another try before calling it quit. Once the engine get started, I ran at least two tanks without the engine cutting. And strangely, I did not even touch any of the needles at all. Why? I' really confuse. It seems that my car can only run in cloudy day or night time. ANyone has any clue?
Old 04-20-2003, 10:52 AM   #26
Tech Regular

Send a message via ICQ to RedScorp Send a message via AIM to RedScorp Send a message via Yahoo to RedScorp

A general rule of thumb for engines, whether it be real ones or small ones is that they will run better when the air is cooler and when the air is more damp and not as dry.
RedScorp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2003, 10:23 PM   #27
Tech Regular

Send a message via ICQ to RedScorp Send a message via AIM to RedScorp Send a message via Yahoo to RedScorp

Quote:
Originally posted by tennessee
Do not adjust the mid-range

The stock settings I believe are 2-1/2 on the bottom and about 4on top

Dont worry about the low end until you have the top end adjusted 1st.

Ask someone at you're Track to help or goto you're LHS.
Believe it or not Tennessee, but my OS .12 TR required mid range screw adjustment...to get running. All of the needles and screws required playing with to get it running for break in. I think the OS motors are just fussy. I heard the Mugens are nice breaking in...
Old 04-22-2003, 11:09 PM   #28
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

That's weird. All of my O.S. motors have been SUPER easy to tune, but my Mugen MR-12 has been a pain.
Old 04-22-2003, 11:38 PM   #29
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by Sushi Boy
That's weird. All of my O.S. motors have been SUPER easy to tune, but my Mugen MR-12 has been a pain.
I like to think of engines like firearms rounds. No 2 are exactly alike and all of them have different characteristics, likes and dislikes. No 2 engines will perform at its peak sharing exactly the same settings. But, you can sometimes find a decent middle ground and use that as a base to adjust settings.
Old 04-23-2003, 02:49 AM   #30
Tech Addict

Send a message via ICQ to V-One S

A thing you could try,

return the needles to where U had them when it was running, and then, go and get some fresh fuel. or jsut borrow a bit, if it runs good on a fresh bottle of fuel, ditch your old stuff because it has gone off.

Also it sounds like the low could be a slight bit lean, i'd richen it ever so slightly, and then i'd try and richen the top end a bit from where u had it b4 u started messing with it.
V-One S is offline   Reply With Quote