R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 03-21-2007, 08:09 PM   #31
Tech Master

Flavio-was an excellent driver. His car was by far the fastest of the two semi-finals. I too thought he should have been 3rd. It was the pressure that was getting to me..HAHA

When can I go to Brazil?????
rangulo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 02:44 AM   #32
M7H
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by SalvadoriRacing
yes, mark ran the Novarossi PLUS 2 359 Race .21
Thanks, I also heard, it was box stock, because he bought it at the track, due to not recieving his Mega MF engines on time....
Old 03-22-2007, 06:38 AM   #33
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to chicky03

Quote:
Hello RAFA, I'm the pitman of Flavio Elias..........
Congrats for Flavio Elias as well, the fastest Mugen of the final with box stock engine and no sponsor at all, impressive race, missed the 3rd place due to a bent clutch pressure plate.........
Flavio was a good slotcar racer also. Tell Flavio and Jefferson I said hi and good luck at the Worlds!!!!!

Paul Ciccarello "Chicky"
Old 03-22-2007, 08:55 AM   #34
Tech Master

Chicky- seems rc racers all started racing those little things. Chicky why dont you attend the worlds with mugen. It is an awesome place.. You would do very good and you could have a reunion with all the slot car club..HAHA

Anyone who wants to go again to practice at this great facility has a chance to go in August. The Cordoba RC Club is hosting the Argentina Nationals on Aug 17-19th. They would love to have participation from outside drivers and then you could stay to test after the race so the track is prep.

I was there for a whole week and the hotel was 190 US dollars. Food is trememdous and cheap. Eight of us had food and drinks for about 50 US. We had the best steaks I've ever had and the place was beautiful.
Old 03-22-2007, 01:50 PM   #35
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via MSN to SalvadoriRacing Send a message via Skype™ to SalvadoriRacing

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangulo
Flavio-was an excellent driver. His car was by far the fastest of the two semi-finals. I too thought he should have been 3rd. It was the pressure that was getting to me..HAHA

whenever you want........

the 1st round of the nationals will be held on april 28th in Porto Alegre......I think Robbie Collins will be attending as well, he came for one round of Sao Paulo championship on February.......

O.S. Engines - KM RACING - CONTACT TYRES - SAVOX - LRP - ARC | Blitz | Titan
SalvadoriRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 01:52 PM   #36
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via MSN to SalvadoriRacing Send a message via Skype™ to SalvadoriRacing

Quote:
Originally Posted by M7H
Thanks, I also heard, it was box stock, because he bought it at the track, due to not recieving his Mega MF engines on time....
nop, it wasn't box stock, the engine is the one we can call as a team engine......

Old 03-22-2007, 01:54 PM   #37
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicky03
Flavio was a good slotcar racer also. Tell Flavio and Jefferson I said hi and good luck at the Worlds!!!!!

Paul Ciccarello "Chicky"
I'll do that

I also wrench for Marcos Mayer in r/c, you may remember him from slot car racing as well, he started in r/c 3 years ago, still novice specially in 1:8 which he ran 2 races only.........

Old 03-22-2007, 04:15 PM   #38
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Ok guys...Where the pics and vids of this track? I have looked several times on the worlds website and not one pic of the track. Anybody got some?
Jason Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 04:13 PM   #39
Tech Rookie

Check out our web site www.dulac.com.br, we got some pictures.
There´s also a video.
Eduardo Dulac
Dulac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 01:20 AM   #40
Tech Elite

Send a message via ICQ to suntok2 Send a message via AIM to suntok2 Send a message via Yahoo to suntok2

Nice track
suntok2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 05:11 AM   #41
M7H
Tech Elite

Quote:
nop, it wasn't box stock, the engine is the one we can call as a team engine......
But then this is a bit strange isn't it?

Quote:
The battle between the leader Dario Balestri and Mark green was too awesome. Dario had the clear power advantage as his Nova Rossi powered Motonica car was ripping through the straight and then into the infield. Mark Green had to play it cool and let the pit strategy and clean consistent lines do its job. Dario had to pit at 4:20 where Mark was pitting at the 5:00 mark. Marks strategy was to win the race and not to turn the fastest lap. Mark went with a single tire change and 5:00 stops and Dario was going to have a 2 tire change and 4:20 stops.
Dario had a clear power advantage, and could only make 4:20 minutes, and Mark could make 5......

Looks to me it's a different engine, and not only the exhaust, or smoother driving style from Mark.....

Also after asking Mark myself.....
Quote:
The engine was a checked std engine,I am not a novarossi driver so they keep the best for the team (rightley so).They really were kind to let me use their engine for this race.
For this year i will be using the new MF range of engines.
Who should I believe...

Last edited by M7H; 03-27-2007 at 06:17 AM.
M7H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 07:32 AM   #42
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by M7H
But then this is a bit strange isn't it?

Dario had a clear power advantage, and could only make 4:20 minutes, and Mark could make 5......

Looks to me it's a different engine, and not only the exhaust, or smoother driving style from Mark.....

Also after asking Mark myself.....

Who should I believe...

M7h- To answer your questions! Dario is a Novarossi driver. He has the time to go through all the engines and bring the best that novarossi has to offer. If you get 20 engines to test; they are all fast but maybe 2 of the 20 have very,very good potential over all the rest. Dario probably goes through 80 to 100 engines looking for those few that are outstanding. It is very common to do that type of searching at big events like the worlds. Remember these are all the same engines factory tuned the same. We did not receive our engines in time to test at the preworlds for what ever reason and I had to improvise with another motor.

Dario was fast with all his motors. He went with a motor that had more power to have an edge. With that extra power comes the sacrifice of run time. Dario raced an awesome race to be there in the final and could of won with his 4 min motors if it werent for tire wear. I was impressed with the power that Stefano Columbini was able to produce with a .21...
And by the way Claudia which is Dario's mech is awesome.. Very impressive!!!
Old 03-27-2007, 07:45 AM   #43
M7H
Tech Elite

Thanks Rangulo.. so actually, they were all box stock, but "selected"...... and that this is common I know.....
Old 03-27-2007, 01:37 PM   #44
Tech Rookie

Quote:

You can come to the brazilian championship, on April, 28-29, 2007.

Tio Nonô
www.brasileiroRC.com.br
Organization Chairman 1st Round
Porto Alegre - Rio Grande do Sul
TioNono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 03:27 PM   #45
Tech Master

Sorry but that is to close for me to go. I will be in Mexico for the International Sedan Invitational May 2-7th 2007.. Is there anythig in the june july months..