R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 03-18-2007, 07:15 PM   #1
Tech Rookie

Default Need Help with my TC3

I have a Nitro Tc3 with a O.S. .18 motor on it and i'm having trouble with the throttle and brake linkage. Once i start the motor it runs fine until I hit the brake then it shuts off. I have played around with the throttle and brake linkage and just cant seem to get it right. The part where the throttle linkage connects to the motor is plastic and it bends really bad when i hit the brake. i'm sure its something simple that i'm not doing but i'm new to this and could really use the help.
hunnicuttz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 07:32 PM   #2
Tech Addict

that may not be linkage. Try resetting the motor to stock factory settings. I'm not sure where those would be though. You could also dial out the drag break on your transmitter effectively raising your idle and then use the idle screw to drop it back down again. See if that helps any.

I'm not positive but it just sounds like the motor is not in tune. You're shutting off the carb when hitting brake and it shouldn't happen.

Last edited by Dredd; 03-18-2007 at 08:04 PM.
Dredd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 07:39 PM   #3
Tech Rookie

the carb doesn't close all the way there is a little gap and it still shuts off Where can i find the factory settings for my O.S motor?
hunnicuttz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 08:03 PM   #4
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunnicuttz
the carb doesn't close all the way there is a little gap and it still shuts off Where can i find the factory settings for my O.S motor?
someone here may know. I don't know if you can find it on the OS website.
Old 03-18-2007, 08:12 PM   #5
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (93%+)
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunnicuttz
Adjust the carb screw counterclockwise when you turn it look inside the carb it should start to close.
Old 03-18-2007, 08:17 PM   #6
Tech Addict

I would say a good starting point is 3.5 turns out on the low end, and 4turns out on the high end needle. Then start it up and it will be very rich. From there try to hit the brake and see if it dies still. From that point if it works, you can lean it out just a little bit at a time.
Old 03-18-2007, 08:37 PM   #7
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 83 (100%+)

Not sure what radio you are using but it sounds like you need to adjust you throttle endpoint settings (you have too much servo throw). Also you need to adjust Idle screw; it sounds like when you hit the brakes you are closing the carb too much which causes the engine to die. I would start the engine and let it idle without hitting the brakes. adjust the idle screw until the engine rpm's just start to raise. Then adjust your throttle endpoint adjustment so when hit the brakes the servo horns don't bend Also make sure you have a spring installed to act as a cushion. You really need to look at the Ntc3 manual it gives step by step directions on how to set your throttle linkage
Chicky fan club member #9
One Eighth Racers of Toledo
lil-bump is offline   Reply With Quote