R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 03-18-2007, 01:41 PM   #16
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by GREGORY!
OK.now what is the best servos for 1/10 on road racing for a 3pks? can i use any brand i want?
KO, Airtronics, Hitec, Futaba they're all good. Just look at specs. I like Futaba servos.
Old 03-18-2007, 02:56 PM   #17
Tech Apprentice

Default wer

with the regular the the car does not turn fast for fast stearing is the only
jokersat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 04:02 PM   #18

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Artificial-I

If you have a digital on throttle. Just dont use the ABS function. Another is the Futaba S9450 has known problems for being on throttle. So if you get that servo , be sure to not use it for throttle. S9451 should be fine though.

As for other servos you might run into some problem with other brands on throttle , but most likely from abs or improperly setup setup linkage. Basically you dont want the servo pulling farther than it can mechanically brake or throttle. More times than 1 ive seen users giving it throttle on the radio and their chassis bends and the motor moves. You gotta set it to move the full range it can go and stop it right at that point to where the servo doesnt have a loaded sound when going full gas or brake. AKA setting your end points.

Last edited by Artificial-I; 03-18-2007 at 05:50 PM.
Artificial-I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 01:42 AM   #19
Tech Addict

Send a message via MSN to RevMaxx

what analog servo you guys think would be good for throttle? torque&speed
RevMaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 10:38 AM   #20
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevMaxx
what analog servo you guys think would be good for throttle? torque&speed
Dude, I love the Airtronics 94357 or 94359. They are both the same other then 359 has a heat sink case. Which make it more expensive. But they are both .06 sec/60 degrees and 125 in/oz of torque. Very fast and strong servos.
Old 03-19-2007, 11:50 AM   #21
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 83 (100%+)

Quote:
OK.now what is the best servos for 1/10 on road racing for a 3pks? can i use any brand i want?
I use a analog jr 590 for the throttle and the Hitec 5925 digital for steering
Chicky fan club member #9
One Eighth Racers of Toledo
lil-bump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 03:32 PM   #22
Tech Regular

R any of you guys using a HRS (High Response System) radio system? Please educate me...I know if you are racing, you want the fastest response, and from what I know, especially Futaba, you MUST use digital servos with their HRS receiver. I dont know of anyone that uses one digital, and one analog servo with any of the new high tech receivers out there. You probably can if you run the system in regular PPM mode, but why would you want to?The only real disadvantages with digital is they do drain the battery pack faster, and the price is much higher. However, with the size of reciever packs now 1400, 1600, Lipos, etc. runtime does not seem to be a concern for most racers. Price however is always a concern...
Lil Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 05:29 PM   #23
Tech Regular

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serpentd
Dude, I love the Airtronics 94357 or 94359. They are both the same other then 359 has a heat sink case. Which make it more expensive. But they are both .06 sec/60 degrees and 125 in/oz of torque. Very fast and strong servos.
You are correct that the 357 is a steering servo and does provide 125 in/oz of torque. However the 60 deg speed is only .07 sec. Only the model that preceeded the 357 (94257) was capable of .06 sec. Also the 359 does have an aluminum casing but is rated at 200 in/oz of torque and is .1 sec/ 60 deg speed. The 359 is can be used for throttle and steering applications for 1/8th scale. The 357 is generally used only for 1/10th scale.
Bounty Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 05:40 PM   #24
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Paul
R any of you guys using a HRS (High Response System) radio system? Please educate me...I know if you are racing, you want the fastest response, and from what I know, especially Futaba, you MUST use digital servos with their HRS receiver. I dont know of anyone that uses one digital, and one analog servo with any of the new high tech receivers out there. You probably can if you run the system in regular PPM mode, but why would you want to?The only real disadvantages with digital is they do drain the battery pack faster, and the price is much higher. However, with the size of reciever packs now 1400, 1600, Lipos, etc. runtime does not seem to be a concern for most racers. Price however is always a concern...
Well as far as HRS is concerned, I personally do not run it. However that is not to say that it is not good. I think you have to look at the application first. If you were running 1/12th scale then I would say that you would probably see the difference running HRS vs Non HRS. Every other class either does not need that type of response or does not benefit as much from it. You also have to take in to account your driving skill and own internal response which will differ from driver to driver. Now as far as digital servos consuming more power then its analog counterparts, that I am not sure about. It was my understanding that power consumption is less when you run digital servos. Now going back to the issue of the application, digital servos in general provide less in/oz of torque then its analog counterparts. Since I really only work with Airtronics servos, this is the case with theirs. Like I said depending on your application its hard to say which system is "better".
Bounty Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 08:20 PM   #25
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hpimichael
hey guys,

are digital servos worth the extra money ??? and what makes them better ??

Mike
you will never regrate of getting a dgital servo. turst me.
thamjk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 08:27 PM   #26
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bounty Hunter
Well as far as HRS is concerned, I personally do not run it. However that is not to say that it is not good. I think you have to look at the application first. If you were running 1/12th scale then I would say that you would probably see the difference running HRS vs Non HRS. Every other class either does not need that type of response or does not benefit as much from it. You also have to take in to account your driving skill and own internal response which will differ from driver to driver. Now as far as digital servos consuming more power then its analog counterparts, that I am not sure about. It was my understanding that power consumption is less when you run digital servos. Now going back to the issue of the application, digital servos in general provide less in/oz of torque then its analog counterparts. Since I really only work with Airtronics servos, this is the case with theirs. Like I said depending on your application its hard to say which system is "better".
I suppose if someone can't feel the difference and there is no change in their driving, then it's not entirely a wise investment. I look at it as one of those things that's all in your head. Like running a high end modded motor in a way, maybe you won't drive better and maybe you won't use all the power, but it's sure nice to know you got it.
Old 03-23-2007, 12:57 AM   #27
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default digital servos

does any know if the ko propo pds-2367 is built for using in 7.2 volt or 6v?is it good for steering in 1/10 road?the sanwa ERG-RZ what servo is?analog-digital?and something last,can i use the ppm or pcm mode if i have the R303FHS receiver?
GREGORY! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 02:06 AM   #28
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

i always use digital in 1/8th onroad and 1/10th tourer.
not only do they have more holding power but they also hold their center better.
as far as runtime goes, i figured im not going to be racing any longer than 30 minutes at a time. my 1200mah lasts over 30 minutes powering 2 digital servos, a personal transponder and a KO reciever with hrs.

i use ace digital servos and have not had one fail on me yet in over 1.5 years of constantly using it!

Hamilton 2008 F1 champion!
twiggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 03:37 AM   #29
Tech Regular

Quote:
does any know if the ko propo pds-2367 is built for using in 7.2 volt or 6v?is it good for steering in 1/10 road?the sanwa ERG-RZ what servo is?analog-digital?and something last,can i use the ppm or pcm mode if i have the R303FHS receiver?
The HR303FHS does NOT run PCM. It will only do PPM or HRS. I use the HRS with two Digital futaba 9451 for my 1/10 sedan. I haven't had a problem with digitals, and the only reason I use them is because when using the HRS system, you get built in failsafe. Its a little bit of insurance vs someone turning on their radio in the pits causing you to rocket into a wall. Response time, I can't tell the difference.
Quark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 08:41 AM   #30
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bounty Hunter
You are correct that the 357 is a steering servo and does provide 125 in/oz of torque. However the 60 deg speed is only .07 sec. Only the model that preceeded the 357 (94257) was capable of .06 sec. Also the 359 does have an aluminum casing but is rated at 200 in/oz of torque and is .1 sec/ 60 deg speed. The 359 is can be used for throttle and steering applications for 1/8th scale. The 357 is generally used only for 1/10th scale.
Dude, thank you for correcting me. I probably meant the 360 rather then the 359. And as far as the .07 time, your correct again. I was going off of memory of about 6 years ago and thought that it was .06, but I rechecked it and you are right. Either way, I love all these servos by Airtronics. I have personally never had one go bad in the 8 or 9 years of using the 357 and 358. They're not cheap, but you get what you pay for, that's for sure.