Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TEAM MAGIC G4S - GALLERY!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2007, 08:35 AM
Tech Apprentice

Alright everyone,

To all that are running the K-factory GTP (semi) pre-painted body, what preparations did you make when it came to painting time, i.e cleaning and making sure the paint would take ok?

I've just got one, and do not want to mess it up be bad prep skills, normally i wash my bodys with hot soapy water to de-grease, then paint, but as this one is already half painted, i want to see which way is best.
Old 03-19-2007, 11:29 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by supermoto552
Alright everyone,

To all that are running the K-factory GTP (semi) pre-painted body, what preparations did you make when it came to painting time, i.e cleaning and making sure the paint would take ok?

I've just got one, and do not want to mess it up be bad prep skills, normally i wash my bodys with hot soapy water to de-grease, then paint, but as this one is already half painted, i want to see which way is best.
Dude, I just got one of these as well. I plan on just doing what you already mentioned. Wash it out as you normally would and go for it. If you wanted to go an extra step, take some fine steel wool and scuff the body a bit. This will give the paint more to grab onto. However it's not necessary. Plus you never want to do this if you use chrome. That's the only color I know of that you don't want to scuff on. I think just degrease it with good dish soap and dry. Your ready to paint. The stuff on there already actually isn't a paint. It's a special transfer they use during the molding proccess. So it should have NO issues with you washing it normally. Hope this helps.
Old 03-19-2007, 12:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Here is a pic of my G4S @ '06 regionals.

Mark
Old 03-20-2007, 01:22 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Serpentd
Dude, I just got one of these as well. I plan on just doing what you already mentioned. Wash it out as you normally would and go for it. If you wanted to go an extra step, take some fine steel wool and scuff the body a bit. This will give the paint more to grab onto. However it's not necessary. Plus you never want to do this if you use chrome. That's the only color I know of that you don't want to scuff on. I think just degrease it with good dish soap and dry. Your ready to paint. The stuff on there already actually isn't a paint. It's a special transfer they use during the molding proccess. So it should have NO issues with you washing it normally. Hope this helps.

Nice one serpentd, cheers for that....will go right ahead and start masking, can't believe they dont give you window mask's, lol, no luxury's like with HPI body's!

I realise its not painted as such, but wasn't sure if soap would do anything to the transfers, guess i'm just worring too much! Make sure you post yours when ya done! What colour are you going? Boring old metalic black for me, enough colours on it already!
Old 03-21-2007, 03:50 PM
Tech Fanatic

Ok guys, I have posted one of these at one point, but I just finished this other body last week or so. I need to get better with my camera as I had a issue trying to see the carbon hood and spoiler. This was the first time I also ever did the marble effect. It turned out pretty cool, bu would like to try it with different colors in the future. Enjoy. Later.
Attached Thumbnails TEAM MAGIC G4S - GALLERY!!!-2nd-body-done-001.jpg   TEAM MAGIC G4S - GALLERY!!!-2nd-body-done-011.jpg   TEAM MAGIC G4S - GALLERY!!!-2nd-body-done-038.jpg   TEAM MAGIC G4S - GALLERY!!!-2nd-body-done-050.jpg   TEAM MAGIC G4S - GALLERY!!!-2nd-body-done-067.jpg  

Old 03-21-2007, 04:13 PM
Tech Fanatic

Other body.
Attached Thumbnails TEAM MAGIC G4S - GALLERY!!!-2nd-body-done-059.jpg   TEAM MAGIC G4S - GALLERY!!!-2nd-body-done-060.jpg   TEAM MAGIC G4S - GALLERY!!!-my-g4s-paint-schemes-done-006.jpg   TEAM MAGIC G4S - GALLERY!!!-my-g4s-paint-schemes-done-016.jpg   TEAM MAGIC G4S - GALLERY!!!-my-g4s-paint-schemes-done-021.jpg  

Old 03-21-2007, 04:15 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by supermoto552
Nice one serpentd, cheers for that....will go right ahead and start masking, can't believe they dont give you window mask's, lol, no luxury's like with HPI body's!

I realise its not painted as such, but wasn't sure if soap would do anything to the transfers, guess i'm just worring too much! Make sure you post yours when ya done! What colour are you going? Boring old metalic black for me, enough colours on it already!
No prob Bro!! Yes, big bummer on the masking, especially compared to the HPI stuff. Be sure to post when your done man! later.
Old 03-21-2007, 04:26 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Here's mine.
Attached Thumbnails TEAM MAGIC G4S - GALLERY!!!-g4s.jpg   TEAM MAGIC G4S - GALLERY!!!-g4s.jpg  
Old 03-21-2007, 05:24 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Darkseid
Here's mine.
Sweet dude. I love the Lola style bodies!!! Yeah Baby!! What engine are you running in your beast??

Here is a pic with body off of mine.
Attached Thumbnails TEAM MAGIC G4S - GALLERY!!!-copy-img_0210.jpg   TEAM MAGIC G4S - GALLERY!!!-img_0207.jpg  
Old 03-21-2007, 05:27 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Nice job serpentd! i cant wait to start airbrushing!!
Old 03-21-2007, 05:31 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by revo523
Nice job serpentd! i cant wait to start airbrushing!!
Thanks bro! All I can say is you will have a blast with your airbrush. Just remember to be patient! Can't wait to see you first work!
Old 03-21-2007, 05:35 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Dude i dont want you to look at my first job! LOL! You know how bad its going to look!!!
Old 03-21-2007, 09:03 PM
Tech Regular

Here my En4cer!
Attached Thumbnails TEAM MAGIC G4S - GALLERY!!!-cimg0622.jpg   TEAM MAGIC G4S - GALLERY!!!-cimg0623.jpg  
Old 03-21-2007, 11:04 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by revo523
Dude i dont want you to look at my first job! LOL! You know how bad its going to look!!!
Dude....you better show me that first paint job my friend. I don't care if it looks like a 5 year old doing finger painting! Bro, we all know it's your first effort at airbrush, so don't trip. Lots of guys are too scared I think to even try it, so right there you gain respect. You have to start somewhere man. I actually still have my very first body I did with air brush. It was an 1:10 scale GTP body I did about 10 years ago. I think I did lightning down the top sides and maybe in the front. I actually might go look for it quick and post it. Then I did the rest all black. So an easy paint scheme, but my lightning bolts were ummmm, wide. Not very fine at all. But I had to start somewhere. Just like you. Just take your time and do one section at a time. The right color combonation will make it look better as well and destract the average persons eye. Plus, if you have any mistakes, more then likely you will be the ONLY one that see's them. After I do a body, I'm never 100% satisfied with it. I'm like, I could do better and cooler then that. All painters make mistakes...but they tend to be the ONLY one that sees the flaws. So it's all good man. Like I said, be patient and take your time.

Another small tip for you is I have a square piece of cardboard, about 12"X12" (a pizza box lid works great) that I have proped up right next to where I am painting. I always spray on that with EVERY color change I do before I actually put paint on the body. This helps to make sure the paint is flowing good and cleans out the previous color. I don't clean my airbrush between colors. I might wipe out the paint cup, but that's it. Sometimes I run a little lacquer through it too if the color change is dramatic, but not usually. Actually by not cleaning out the gun each time is great for when you do fading. It will make the fade flow more even from one color to the next, like on flames and such. To make it easy, I have a small jar next to me with some lacxquer thinner in it and I use eye droppers (Glass) to suck up the thinner and put it in the paint cup. A simple common sence thing I know, but very handy. I do the same with water base paints as well. But I use water rather then thinner of coarse. Good luck dude. You'll do fine. Rlaxe and have fun with it. That's it.
Old 03-21-2007, 11:09 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Serpentd
Dude....you better show me that first paint job my friend. I don't care if it looks like a 5 year old doing finger painting! Bro, we all know it's your first effort at airbrush, so don't trip. Lots of guys are too scared I think to even try it, so right there you gain respect. You have to start somewhere man. I actually still have my very first body I did with air brush. It was an 1:10 scale GTP body I did about 10 years ago. I think I did lightning down the top sides and maybe in the front. I actually might go look for it quick and post it. Then I did the rest all black. So an easy paint scheme, but my lightning bolts were ummmm, wide. Not very fine at all. But I had to start somewhere. Just like you. Just take your time and do one section at a time. The right color combonation will make it look better as well and destract the average persons eye. Plus, if you have any mistakes, more then likely you will be the ONLY one that see's them. After I do a body, I'm never 100% satisfied with it. I'm like, I could do better and cooler then that. All painters make mistakes...but they tend to be the ONLY one that sees the flaws. So it's all good man. Like I said, be patient and take your time.

Another small tip for you is I have a square piece of cardboard, about 12"X12" (a pizza box lid works great) that I have proped up right next to where I am painting. I always spray on that with EVERY color change I do before I actually put paint on the body. This helps to make sure the paint is flowing good and cleans out the previous color. I don't clean my airbrush between colors. I might wipe out the paint cup, but that's it. Sometimes I run a little lacquer through it too if the color change is dramatic, but not usually. Actually by not cleaning out the gun each time is great for when you do fading. It will make the fade flow more even from one color to the next, like on flames and such. To make it easy, I have a small jar next to me with some lacxquer thinner in it and I use eye droppers (Glass) to suck up the thinner and put it in the paint cup. A simple common sence thing I know, but very handy. I do the same with water base paints as well. But I use water rather then thinner of coarse. Good luck dude. You'll do fine. Rlaxe and have fun with it. That's it.
Found that 1st body I did. Here you go bro!!!
Attached Thumbnails TEAM MAGIC G4S - GALLERY!!!-old-bodies-001.jpg   TEAM MAGIC G4S - GALLERY!!!-old-bodies-003.jpg   TEAM MAGIC G4S - GALLERY!!!-old-bodies-007.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.