Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Kyosho V-One R and GRP Version

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2001, 02:18 AM
Tech Apprentice

Arrow Kyosho V-One R and GRP Version

Hey i was wondering if anyone could tell me exactly the difference btween these 2 cars, i'm planning on getting my first nitro RC and the V one-R appears to be very popular.

Kyosho V One-R

Kyosho V-One R GRP Version

PS i'm from Australia and do any other Australian know where i can get teh GRP model?

For those australian who order from RMS
here
Old 11-21-2001, 02:23 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)
Default Re: Kyosho V-One R and GRP Version

Originally posted by taybelZ
Hey i was wondering if anyone could tell me exactly the difference btween these 2 cars, i'm planning on getting my first nitro RC and the V one-R appears to be very popular.

Kyosho V One-R

Kyosho V-One R GRP Version

PS i'm from Australia and do any other Australian know where i can get teh GRP model?

For those australian who order from RMS
here
Hey dude,

Im pretty sure the GRP version is not available yet (in Australia).
Old 11-21-2001, 02:32 AM
Tech Apprentice

Actually I think GRP version is available in Australia. At the shop here it is same price as Mugen Pro spec (A$800). I think it is GRP version, it has foam tires and front one-way. Does this sound correct Novarossi?
Old 11-21-2001, 02:33 AM
Tech Apprentice

ok
did u check the link?
Old 11-21-2001, 02:38 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by SHARP
Actually I think GRP version is available in Australia. At the shop here it is same price as Mugen Pro spec (A$800). I think it is GRP version, it has foam tires and front one-way. Does this sound correct Novarossi?
I just haven't seen any at track meets yet. Our club here usually get there hands on the latest things first.

If its the same price as the Mugen Pro, man must be it be a tough choice deciding between the two. Does the GRP Version come with a centax type clutch?
Old 11-21-2001, 02:42 AM
Tech Elite

What I found funny on that site was :

MTX-2 Rolling Chassis - $649.90
MTX-2 with OS Hyper - $1081

$431 extra for the OS engine makes it the most expensive 12 in Australia
Old 11-21-2001, 02:43 AM
Tech Apprentice

Apparantly no Centax, but comes with tires instead. Centax was was one of the main reasons I am getting MTX-2.

Is the link provided by TaybelZ the Kyosho equivelant to standard MTX-2 and GRP version is equivelant to Pro Spec? It seems that way to me.

Also is this the first you have seen of RMS site?! You seem to know alot of good RC sites on the net!

Last edited by SHARP; 11-21-2001 at 02:46 AM.
Old 11-21-2001, 02:50 AM
Tech Apprentice

hehe well to be honest i was goin 2 buy a r/c car last year i was plannign to get OB4. anway way i put it off because i thought that i would never really get to use it since i was goin 2 be in yr 12 and all.
ANway i made the right decicsion and have finished yr 12 so now its time to treat my self!
Old 11-21-2001, 02:51 AM
Tech Elite

Apparantly no Centax, but comes with tires instead. Centax was was one of the main reasons I am getting MTX-2.

Is the link provided by TaybelZ the Kyosho equivelant to standard MTX-2 and GRP version is equivelant to Pro Spec? It seems that way to me.

Also is this the first you have seen of RMS site?! You seem to know alot of good RC sites on the net!
Nah, I've ordered heaps of stuff off RMS.

You do know you can whack an Mugen Centax onto a V-One-R, just incase that was your main concern.

Courtesy of Moon

Old 11-21-2001, 02:55 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

and treat yourself well

novarossi - a guy at penrith has one (for 3 months now), steve phillips has one at moorebank, rudy has one......shall i keep going?
Old 11-21-2001, 02:56 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally posted by taybelZ
hehe well to be honest i was goin 2 buy a r/c car last year i was plannign to get OB4. anway way i put it off because i thought that i would never really get to use it since i was goin 2 be in yr 12 and all.
ANway i made the right decicsion and have finished yr 12 so now its time to treat my self!
Actually I was asking Novarossi if he had just seen RMS site, seeing as he knows all these other RC sites.
But your smart too!!
Old 11-21-2001, 03:00 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by nitro dave
and treat yourself well

novarossi - a guy at penrith has one (for 3 months now), steve phillips has one at moorebank, rudy has one......shall i keep going?
Hmmmm, has Kyosho released anything on its website about the car yet????

Rudy's car is a standard V-One-R with all the Kawahara hop ups. Im sure steve's car has ONLY the hop ups as well.

Show me a piture of a GRP version if its available
Old 11-21-2001, 03:01 AM
Tech Apprentice

Yeah, I thought you could get centax to fit most any motor, but it would just be even more to spend. I figure Centax would cost more than set of wheels and tires. How much is centax seperately? Also is "Centax" a brand name or style of clutch?
NR are those braces standard or Kyosho options, where on net could I find info? Thanks everyone for help.

Last edited by SHARP; 11-21-2001 at 03:08 AM.
Old 11-21-2001, 03:09 AM
Tech Elite

Yeah, I thought you could get centax to fit most any motor, but it would just be even more to spend. I figure Centax would cost more than set of wheels and tires. How much is centax seperately? Also is "Centax" a brand name or style of clutch?
Here we go

Centax is the name that most companies use, which was generated by Serpent.

Mugen's "Centax" is actuall called an Axial Clutch.

When you here 'Centax', its basically the name that companies use to describe the Centrifgal Clutches. The actual spring controls the action of the clutch (ie when to engage/disengage)

Here is a great link which explains the differences between the two :

http://www.rcnitro.com/articles/clutch.asp
Old 11-21-2001, 03:15 AM
Tech Elite

BTW,

Mugen Clutch cost about $240Aus complete. The only things which need replacing is the thrust bearing (about once a year, cost $11) and pinions (once every 6 months, cost about $55)

It is quoted as being the best clutch on the market (Many Kyosho Fantom 1/8th drivers use them)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.