R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-13-2007, 03:17 PM   #16
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 660
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by supermoto552
Awesome work guys, nice response, didn't expect to see so many so quick.

I see the evo and WCE's all have the blue springs, will it be benificial for me to change to these, since kyosho put them on to upgrade?
Actually I see quite a few drivers using the silver springs instead of either. However, I would suggest to you what was suggested to me and made sense. Drive the car in stock form only adjusting the shift point, engine tune, and clutch until it feels good. From that point just drive and get comfortable. When you've exceeded what the car can do for you in it's current form (your lap times won't improve) then you can begin to theorize and test areas that can improve your time. Whether it be different springs on the shocks, different oil in the shocks, different tire shores, different roll center, different camber, caster, toe adjustments etc.

I think it made sense...stay with it how it is, drive until you don't improve anymore then evaluate where you are slower than the people who race and practice with you (do not look at the pros or people in a lvl of skill above you). Then see how you can improve the car in those areas of the track where you aren't as fast as the drivers in your class. Then when you can beat them consistantly you will have found what works for your driving.

As in a real car, nobody drives the same. I have also noticed something else, sometimes you can be faster than everyone else in one part of the track (like comming from the longest straight into a sweeper) and you can use that as your passing zone, while you may be slower than everyone else in another part of the track. It may sometimes be a better idea to not adjust the car too much to help with your slower areas because it could hurt you on the spot you're better at. I think I would try to use my fastest turn or best part of the track to my advantage and simply try to protect my position and line through the parts I'm slower.
__________________
Kyosho V-One RRR - JP Modified Mugen X12 - GQ Racing Tires - Futaba servos - KO Helios w/Spektrum Pro - Maxy's Fuel
Losi 8ight 2.0 RTR for fun times
Dredd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 06:54 PM   #17
Tech Master
 
GREGORY!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Greece
Posts: 1,075
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

nickiphorosn yoy have pm..
GREGORY! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 12:20 PM   #18
Tech Apprentice
 
supermoto552's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 74
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dredd
Actually I see quite a few drivers using the silver springs instead of either. However, I would suggest to you what was suggested to me and made sense. Drive the car in stock form only adjusting the shift point, engine tune, and clutch until it feels good. From that point just drive and get comfortable. When you've exceeded what the car can do for you in it's current form (your lap times won't improve) then you can begin to theorize and test areas that can improve your time. Whether it be different springs on the shocks, different oil in the shocks, different tire shores, different roll center, different camber, caster, toe adjustments etc.

I think it made sense...stay with it how it is, drive until you don't improve anymore then evaluate where you are slower than the people who race and practice with you (do not look at the pros or people in a lvl of skill above you). Then see how you can improve the car in those areas of the track where you aren't as fast as the drivers in your class. Then when you can beat them consistantly you will have found what works for your driving.

As in a real car, nobody drives the same. I have also noticed something else, sometimes you can be faster than everyone else in one part of the track (like comming from the longest straight into a sweeper) and you can use that as your passing zone, while you may be slower than everyone else in another part of the track. It may sometimes be a better idea to not adjust the car too much to help with your slower areas because it could hurt you on the spot you're better at. I think I would try to use my fastest turn or best part of the track to my advantage and simply try to protect my position and line through the parts I'm slower.

Yes dredd, that makes complete sense actually, didn't really think of it that way, change things when the platau of skill is reached, guess i will keep things like that till i get used to it...

nickiphorosn, yes your right bud, it was from ebay...think i got a good deal?! 95? Anxicously waiting for it at the moment, will be a while though, gotta get all the way to me in UK!

Dredd, I was refering to the carbon upperdeck by the way, not the mufler stay, even though it is a rather nice one! I'm after the matte effect deck to replace that one.....by the way, excellent cleaning skills, like you say, when we spend that much on these things it seems pointless to to leave em to rot!

Keep it going guys, thread's looking great, I see the serpents are following suit! Think there should be a G4s thread too, much better having all the true racers pics seperate to the rs4's and 4-tec's.
supermoto552 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 12:22 PM   #19
Tech Apprentice
 
supermoto552's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 74
Default

Doki...have you got any recent ones of your to throw in, last time i saw it was looking awesome as ever!

Any more mods to it?
supermoto552 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 01:11 PM   #20
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Athens
Posts: 213
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by supermoto552
Yes dredd, that makes complete sense actually, didn't really think of it that way, change things when the platau of skill is reached, guess i will keep things like that till i get used to it...

nickiphorosn, yes your right bud, it was from ebay...think i got a good deal?! 95? Anxicously waiting for it at the moment, will be a while though, gotta get all the way to me in UK!

Dredd, I was refering to the carbon upperdeck by the way, not the mufler stay, even though it is a rather nice one! I'm after the matte effect deck to replace that one.....by the way, excellent cleaning skills, like you say, when we spend that much on these things it seems pointless to to leave em to rot!

Keep it going guys, thread's looking great, I see the serpents are following suit! Think there should be a G4s thread too, much better having all the true racers pics seperate to the rs4's and 4-tec's.
great deal my friend.my RRR had cost to me 200euros six months ago.you won't be dissapointed from the car.it's the best!i had an RR as well.i still have it but i cannot sell it.any ideas?
nickiphorosn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 01:13 PM   #21
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Athens
Posts: 213
Default pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by GREGORY!
nickiphorosn yoy have pm..

GREGO YOU GOT PM
nickiphorosn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 04:32 PM   #22
Tech Apprentice
 
supermoto552's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 74
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickiphorosn
great deal my friend.my RRR had cost to me 200euros six months ago.you won't be dissapointed from the car.it's the best!i had an RR as well.i still have it but i cannot sell it.any ideas?

Yeah i thought so too, i mean, i paid about that for my v-one-r only 6months ago, but spent a fair bit since having, wish i'd have just bought a RRR to start with, woulda saved me some cash for sure!

Gonna wait till i get this one delivered, and when happy with it, i'll get my old one straight on ebay, hopefully it'll go ok, good luck selling yours.
supermoto552 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 07:50 PM   #23
Tech Master
 
GREGORY!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Greece
Posts: 1,075
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

THIS IS MINE RRR WCE...
Attached Thumbnails
Kyosho V-One-RRR/evo/wce Gallery-cccr.jpg   Kyosho V-One-RRR/evo/wce Gallery-r.jpg  
GREGORY! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 08:36 PM   #24
Tech Elite
 
doki_doki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Cebu City, Philippines and Ocala, Florida, USA
Posts: 3,840
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by supermoto552
Doki...have you got any recent ones of your to throw in, last time i saw it was looking awesome as ever!

Any more mods to it?
Hey...sorry about that... Been busy lately. Just transfered to a new place and still getting settled in. Don't have my stuff as of the moment. I do have some pictures in my photobucket account Will post later
doki_doki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 08:43 PM   #25
Tech Elite
 
doki_doki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Cebu City, Philippines and Ocala, Florida, USA
Posts: 3,840
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Here's a picture of my V-One RRR WCE before I bought the V-One RRR Evo. This kit is pretty much box stock. Place an RB V12 5 ports turbo tuned by Rody engine, RB V12 turbo inline pipe, Futaba S9451 digital servos (sterring and throttle), Intellect 1200 nimh receiver battery, Protoform Cadillac Body, Disply chrome wheels (forgot the brand) with Proline V-Rage tires... I guess that's all the specs I could remember




doki_doki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 08:54 PM   #26
Tech Elite
 
doki_doki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Cebu City, Philippines and Ocala, Florida, USA
Posts: 3,840
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Here's a picture of my V-One RRR Evo which is basically converted to the WCE specs with Kawahara and K-Factory Option parts... As for the list of the parts, it's a long list... Will post it later along with some pictures The body is a Team Titan Altis 2.0 body and was painted with Tamiya can paints





doki_doki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 09:27 AM   #27
Tech Apprentice
 
supermoto552's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 74
Default

Excellent work there Doki, i just love that paint work, the blending is so discreet. I didn't realise you had both cars, i saw the first car many pages back in the rrr thread with the rody, then saw it again with a speed tuned, then the 12-3 rossi, didn't realise it was two cars, just thought you went through engines damn fast, lol!

I've just order a mega zx12 of ebay fairly cheap so that will be dropped in mine soon, till get used to it, then will try get hold of 12-3sct like yours, they seem to be the most popular at the moment, you still happy with it?
supermoto552 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 07:45 PM   #28
Tech Elite
 
doki_doki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Cebu City, Philippines and Ocala, Florida, USA
Posts: 3,840
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by supermoto552
Excellent work there Doki, i just love that paint work, the blending is so discreet. I didn't realise you had both cars, i saw the first car many pages back in the rrr thread with the rody, then saw it again with a speed tuned, then the 12-3 rossi, didn't realise it was two cars, just thought you went through engines damn fast, lol!

I've just order a mega zx12 of ebay fairly cheap so that will be dropped in mine soon, till get used to it, then will try get hold of 12-3sct like yours, they seem to be the most popular at the moment, you still happy with it?
well i have both cars... i had the osspeed tz for the evo then later on replaced it with the nova plus 12-3sct after finishing breaking it in... just needed more speed this engine is stupid fast, especially with the nova 2630 pipe
doki_doki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 08:07 PM   #29
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 660
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by doki_doki
well i have both cars... i had the osspeed tz for the evo then later on replaced it with the nova plus 12-3sct after finishing breaking it in... just needed more speed this engine is stupid fast, especially with the nova 2630 pipe
ever try it with a Skyline VR12+? Supposed to be even better.
__________________
Kyosho V-One RRR - JP Modified Mugen X12 - GQ Racing Tires - Futaba servos - KO Helios w/Spektrum Pro - Maxy's Fuel
Losi 8ight 2.0 RTR for fun times
Dredd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007, 09:13 AM   #30
Tech Elite
 
doki_doki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Cebu City, Philippines and Ocala, Florida, USA
Posts: 3,840
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dredd
ever try it with a Skyline VR12+? Supposed to be even better.
Not yet...Been having a lot of success with the 2630 pipe with the diffrent manifold lengths...
doki_doki is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
KYOSHO EVOLVA GALLERY MERCCER4LIFE Nitro On-Road 28 10-18-2007 01:32 AM
KYOSHO STALLION GALLERY MERCCER4LIFE Electric On-Road 11 03-19-2007 11:29 AM
KYOSHO INFERNO 7.5 GALLERY MERCCER4LIFE Electric Off-Road 0 03-16-2007 02:08 PM
HPI gallery! davioh Chat Lounge 0 04-17-2003 12:31 PM
HPI Pro 3 Gallery TFR Electric On-Road 6 08-28-2001 08:41 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 08:00 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net