Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Ninja engines just arrived

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2007, 03:18 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default New Ninja engines just arrived

Just in toady at Brooklynhobbies.com (718) 951-2500.

Mugen NINJA MR12-T01 WITH PIPE AND HEADER
MUGEN NINJA MR28-M01

Both are very reasonable in terms of price.

Any reviews on these 2 engines? Well, they just came in if anybody want to get it a whirl.

-- Wario

(I am not Ritchie!!!!!!)

Last edited by wario69; 03-07-2007 at 08:27 PM.
Old 03-07-2007, 03:57 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by wario69
Just in toady at Brooklynhobbies.com (718) 951-2500.

Mugen NINJA MR12-T01 WITH PIPE AND HEADER --- $325.00
MUGEN NINJA MR28-M01 --- $289.99

Any reviews on these 2 engines? Well, they just came in if anybody want to get it a whirl.

-- Wario

(I am not Ritchie!!!!!!)
Not bad, but I'm wondering how this pipe and header compares to like the Skyline VR12 or Novarossi parts. Meaning would someone with the header and pipe "kit" version of this motor get as much performance as someone using an aftermarket brand.

This is interesting to me since it's only another $40 ior so (give or take depending on location you purchase from) to get the pipe and header with the motor. That's a steal if it's comparable in power output to aftermarket pipes.
Old 03-07-2007, 04:04 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Dredd
Not bad, but I'm wondering how this pipe and header compares to like the Skyline VR12 or Novarossi parts. Meaning would someone with the header and pipe "kit" version of this motor get as much performance as someone using an aftermarket brand.

This is interesting to me since it's only another $40 ior so (give or take depending on location you purchase from) to get the pipe and header with the motor. That's a steal if it's comparable in power output to aftermarket pipes.
I spoke to Ritchie briefly and he ask me to let everyone know they're here. About the pipe and header -- I think he told me that the pipe and manifold was a perfect fit (obviously, since it's from the ninja) for that engine. He doesn't know how well it performs since it "just" got there when I was talking to him.

-- Wario
Old 03-07-2007, 04:08 PM
Tech Elite

I was at Kamikaze Toys and Hobbies the other night, i believe they've had the .12 for awhile now. You can check them out or give them a call 714-997-8697

as far as the .28 they recently sold out of them. those motors seem to be really popular!
Old 03-07-2007, 05:46 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by nigelnuggets
I was at Kamikaze Toys and Hobbies the other night, i believe they've had the .12 for awhile now. You can check them out or give them a call 714-997-8697

as far as the .28 they recently sold out of them. those motors seem to be really popular!
Any review of the .12?

-- wario
Old 03-07-2007, 05:57 PM
Tech Apprentice

Very comparable price between the two places. If you live in California like I do, I would get from NY and if you live in NY you would by from Kamikaze -- all to save on tax. I'm spending way too much $$ on this hobby.

-- Wario
Old 03-07-2007, 06:21 PM
Tech Addict

why are you talking about your self in third person( i was at kamikaze toys...) you are kamikaze toys and hobbies had to get you; you made it to easy
Old 03-07-2007, 06:27 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mike jones
why are you talking about your self in third person( i was at kamikaze toys...) you are kamikaze toys and hobbies had to get you; you made it to easy
No I am kamikaze Toys and Hobbies , Nigel is the Sattelite of Kamikaze
Old 03-07-2007, 06:30 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by wario69
Any review of the .12?

-- wario
i ran the ninja for the last to weekends in a role, at revelation raceway and the other in Hawaii and i must say without being bias the motor was very strong with no issues with tuning. even after a gallon on the motor i'm still running the original plug that came with the motor. The motor comes with a extra shim and i have it in the motor. In Hawaii they ran triple A mains and i ran rubber and foam with the same car...and a couple times i didn't even touch the needle before the start of the mains. and i'm running a packaged combo ...motor-pipe-header

just my two cents
Old 03-07-2007, 06:35 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Team Kamikaze
yeaaaah if you say so
Old 03-07-2007, 06:47 PM
Tech Apprentice

Wink

Originally Posted by Team Kamikaze

I consider Kamikaze one of the best in terms of products and price and support -- especially here in the west coast. If I were living down the LA area, I would be hanging out there from time to time to find out about new products and set-up advice.

-- Wario

(I am not Ritchie of Brooklynhobbies or in any way affiliated with Kamikaze) LOL!
Old 03-07-2007, 07:46 PM
Tech Initiate

Cool

mike jones!! do you feel that combo has the power to win!!! i have ordered it and hope it comes in soon. any breakin tips?
Old 03-07-2007, 07:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default New Ninja Motors

If you are serious, talk to Kamikaze Hobbies.
Without a doubt, one of the best shops in terms of price,parts,and knowledge.
I used to shop at four or five different shops until I learned about them, and now, they are the only shop I even consider.
Old 03-07-2007, 08:09 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I ordered my Ninja .12 from Sam/Team Kamikaze last Friday. I had it by Monday. Awesome service.

I tore mine down Monday night to look at the internals, and have posted pics in the Ninja thread over on the Nitro engine forum. Look for post #531 I believe.

I haven't ran mine so no running review, but I'm happy with the quality and construction....

Gary
Old 03-07-2007, 08:12 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

kamikaze will get you hooked up nice. just click on my link.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.