R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 06-28-2007, 07:46 AM   #76
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

just got my 3PM faast radio and sanwa servos today. its all installed and no probs at all. radio is comfortable, light and seems to be loaded with features.
i was impressed to be able to select certain functions i have never had before. it has ABS functions, steering speeds, turn and return speeds, as does the throttle. i have been using the JR XS3 for a few years , and am very pleased with this upgrade. and the Sanwa servos are so smooth and fast. lol

i selected the Function HRS as im using a futaba std metal gear servo for throttle, the servo went nuts when i went to open the throttle while on HRS mode. so i guess 2 digital servos are required to operate HRS ?
Serpent 811-TE REDs R5T
Pattojnr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 08:08 AM   #77
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Yes. Digital servos must be used in HRS mode. Servo failure for non-digital servos may have occurred if you ran them too long in HRS mode.
Tony Vega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 08:13 AM   #78
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Vega View Post
Yes. Digital servos must be used in HRS mode. Servo failure for non-digital servos may have occurred if you ran them too long in HRS mode.
had it turned on for no longer than 5 seconds. but servo still works ok now in PP mode.
Serpent 811-TE REDs R5T
Pattojnr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 02:46 PM   #79
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by razer123 View Post
So here it is, I'am running two KO-PROPO 2344 digital servos with the Futaba 3PKS + FASST system. problem is, the radio says in P-MODE that its PPM. I can shift the thing to HRS but cannot select it. How do I select HRS mode?

Also, do any of you guys feel the lag when you drive your car far away? There's a slight latency for the FASST system when the track is big and u have your car at the far end of the track. Or is it because I came from FM all these years and thus this new 2.4ghz system needs me getting used to?
when you highlighted the hrs mode press + and - simultanisy to select hrs.
DS Motorsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 04:18 PM   #80
ALG
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pattojnr View Post
just got my 3PM faast radio and sanwa servos today. its all installed and no probs at all. radio is comfortable, light and seems to be loaded with features.
i was impressed to be able to select certain functions i have never had before. it has ABS functions, steering speeds, turn and return speeds, as does the throttle. i have been using the JR XS3 for a few years , and am very pleased with this upgrade. and the Sanwa servos are so smooth and fast. lol

i selected the Function HRS as im using a futaba std metal gear servo for throttle, the servo went nuts when i went to open the throttle while on HRS mode. so i guess 2 digital servos are required to operate HRS ?
NICE, but you will be better with digital servos, I had a M8 and change t0 Futaba 3PM with HRS, Its working GREAT!!!!
I would recomend it to any one,
My setup
Serpent 960 Thr-9550 Ste-9451
Team Magic G4S Thr-9650 Ste-9550

ALG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 01:26 PM   #81
Tech Master

Hi

I have the 3PK with the Spektrum for HRS. I cant get the failsafe to work (the one built into the 3PK) Has anybody ever got this to work? If so how?

Cheers

http://www.fast-rc.co.uk/forum/index.php

Sponsored by:
Norfolk and Chance
ziggy12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 02:56 PM   #82
Tech Master

With the spectrum hrs module the failsafe in the transmitter doesn't work anymore.
You'll have to use the one that's in the spectrum reciever/module.
Old 07-01-2007, 03:59 PM   #83
Tech Master

I figured it out. You need to bind the TX to the RX with the brake on and it will go to that setting when you loose signal

Cheers

http://www.fast-rc.co.uk/forum/index.php

Sponsored by:
Norfolk and Chance
ziggy12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 07:15 AM   #84
Tech Regular

I have a almost new FASST System in my car and have an unusual problem. When I tap a board, not a big hit, the receiver shuts down and waits a few seconds before it works again. I assume it is synching. I am running in the HRS mode.

Anyone else have this problem and if so what do I need to do.
Ted Flack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 10:13 AM   #85
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Sounds more like a short or voltage spike on impact. For Nitro I would suggest you change it from HRS to PPM, and install an analog throttle servo. Should the failure continue swap the receiver as damaged trace would be the next most likely problem. For the HRS to work properly you would have to run digital steering AND throttle servos. Digital throttle servos tend to burn out & voltage spike under braking or if your epa is not set perfectly.

Mark
mtveten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 01:33 PM   #86
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Flack View Post
I have a almost new FASST System in my car and have an unusual problem. When I tap a board, not a big hit, the receiver shuts down and waits a few seconds before it works again. I assume it is synching. I am running in the HRS mode.

Anyone else have this problem and if so what do I need to do.
Take a look at your servosaver, maybe it's too tight so it doesn't work like it suppose to do.
Then when you hit a board, the servo needs to work really hard to hold the position, which drops the voltage, and when the voltage is low the reciever goes on failsave.
Don't know for sure if this is the problem, but i just thought of it.
Old 07-03-2007, 03:21 PM   #87
Tech Regular

Thanks for the responses.

I think I will take a look at the throttle servo, it isn't very new and may be causing a voltage spike. The end points are set correctly and it is digital.

It is really weird, I tapped a flapper on the way into the pit lane and the car had no control for a few seconds (it went right past my pit man), then I tapped a board and had to wait a second for the car to respond.

It could be the switch, I never used a switch before. I always plugged the battery into the receiver because I don't trust switches, but I didn't like wearing out the plug and pins on my new receiver.

Who knows, I'll change a bunch of stuff and see if it is fixed. Maybe I need a spare receiver too.
Old 07-05-2007, 07:36 AM   #88
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 83 (100%+)

I would check your power cables. it could be that when you tap the boards you are loosing power to the receiver momemtarily. and once the receiver syncs again everything is fine.
lil-bump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 07:42 AM   #89
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to picco007 Send a message via Yahoo to picco007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Flack View Post
Thanks for the responses.

I think I will take a look at the throttle servo, it isn't very new and may be causing a voltage spike. The end points are set correctly and it is digital.

It is really weird, I tapped a flapper on the way into the pit lane and the car had no control for a few seconds (it went right past my pit man), then I tapped a board and had to wait a second for the car to respond.

It could be the switch, I never used a switch before. I always plugged the battery into the receiver because I don't trust switches, but I didn't like wearing out the plug and pins on my new receiver.

Who knows, I'll change a bunch of stuff and see if it is fixed. Maybe I need a spare receiver too.

Ted,

As far as switches, I tend to not use one also (don't trust them). What I have done for over 10years is use an extension (alieron) that would go from the receiver to the battery making the connection between both and not plugging in the battery directly to the receiver. This has worked for me for quite some time. Hope this helps.
Old 07-10-2007, 10:51 AM   #90
Tech Regular

For those of you that were not able to sleep while worrying about my car I wanted you to know that it appears to be fixed.

I took the switch out of the system and put a short lead like picco007 mentioned (it is from a G4) and the problem seems to be fixed.

Thanks for all the ideas,

Ted