R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 03-30-2007, 08:56 PM   #61
Tech Master

Rapid Roy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 10:53 PM   #62
Tech Adept

Default radio cost to much

if you cant afford this hobbie ,go to toys r us and buy your r/c car then.
or buy your self an easy bake oven .
LORD SHADO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 09:20 PM   #63

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Artificial-I

Finally installed tested out the Futaba FASST System.

Straight away it was pretty obvious. The car does react quicker. It just felt like the servos were much quicker to respond. I would say flat out it makes me a better driver. In a situation where quick reactions either make your mistakes big or small , it seems to be a good thing.

Before with the spektrum I was getting glitching in certain spots at certain distances almost right on the dot everytime. Driving was scary as a lot of the time I had to remember to not let it get out of control or into a spot it would loose control of the vehicle. Not that it would happen much , but as the system was supposed to be glitch free. I found it was pretty good most of the time but would get some glitching in certain areas or situations. Upon final testing I found it was 95% consistent in glitching in a certain area.

So installed the FASST and back out I went. With the FASST , it never glitched once in that exact same area. Not only that not one glitch at all. Where the spektrum would have had 20-30 glitches in the same amount of time. It performs better , its faster and no glitching what so ever in an area that was very prone to glitch up my spektrum. To where it was unusable. In fact in testing in two diffrent areas where I could get glitch to show up , it was perfectly fine. I felt free to just race and focus on the car and not anything else and thats the key. Zero glitching. Now on spektrum I had zero glitching or so it seemed. Every blue moon I would get something odd on the track I couldnt explain. But all of a sudden I was getting quite a bit of glitching from it.

Back to the FASST , the Fail safe when on hrs mode is set via the radio once. You set it and forget it. It was perfect and would throw in the brake as I set it each time when powering down the radio at speed.

Iam very happy to have switched and will be using this setup exclusively from now on. Sad to see it happen , I thought spektrum was great when it first came out. But all at once it showed me it just wasnt right yet. In fact it caused a wreck in my truck even that was using a seperate reciever and possibly one with my on-road. So with that going on I decided to try FASST and lo and behold its running without a glitch in bad locations. As well its faster.

Very happy with the results and hope to see spektrum coming out with something that might get them back in the game. Glad at least to have used spektrum when it was on top of its game but after this its pretty apparent to me that its just not 100% secure and well Id rather use FM over spektrum if thats the case. Not to mention the faster response from the car which did make me feel like the car was just plain better to drive. I think anyone can that not only a sluggish , but truly time delayed reaction in a car is probably not a good thing.

Do a back to back test and see for yourself if your not so sure. Its certainly noticable as far as speed and the perfect no-glitch running just puts your mind at ease. Now to race it at the track coming up soon in 2 weeks. Should be fun to see if I can notice any difference there.
Artificial-I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 10:05 PM   #64
Tech Adept

i would go with the FASSAT
kyosho 444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 11:49 PM   #65
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyosho 444
i would go with the FASSAT
I love the fasst system. I terms of response, I don't notice any difference other than the no glitching issue -- maybe I need more experience.

-- Wario
wario69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007, 06:47 AM   #66
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default futaba faast

i have ordered my 3PM faast radio 2.4ghz. i have been reading the thread for a bit and decided to go this way , but with the budget 3PM. looks lighter and more comfortable. but with the HRS activated through the transmitter, do you have to be using digital servos for the HRS to be benefitial ?
hope to get it next week. and also wil be using Sanwa ERG servos as well.
Serpent 811-TE REDs R5T
Pattojnr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007, 08:56 AM   #67
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Hi, I would also like to know if you are not running digitals with the 3PM-Fasst do you still have to purchase a failsafe, and if so with the constantly changing frequency spectrum system which failsafe can deal with this change ???
jelayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007, 09:33 AM   #68
Tech Regular

I have heard nothing but good thing about it.
Old 06-22-2007, 09:51 AM   #69
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pattojnr View Post
i have ordered my 3PM faast radio 2.4ghz. i have been reading the thread for a bit and decided to go this way , but with the budget 3PM. looks lighter and more comfortable. but with the HRS activated through the transmitter, do you have to be using digital servos for the HRS to be benefitial ?
hope to get it next week. and also wil be using Sanwa ERG servos as well.
Yes, you need to run digital servos to benefit the HRS system.
Team Kamikaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007, 09:56 AM   #70
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to picco007 Send a message via Yahoo to picco007
Default Artificial-I

Artificial, You have a PM.
Old 06-22-2007, 12:34 PM   #71
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 83 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artificial-I View Post
Finally installed tested out the Futaba FASST System.

Straight away it was pretty obvious. The car does react quicker. It just felt like the servos were much quicker to respond. I would say flat out it makes me a better driver. In a situation where quick reactions either make your mistakes big or small , it seems to be a good thing.

Before with the spektrum I was getting glitching in certain spots at certain distances almost right on the dot everytime. Driving was scary as a lot of the time I had to remember to not let it get out of control or into a spot it would loose control of the vehicle. Not that it would happen much , but as the system was supposed to be glitch free. I found it was pretty good most of the time but would get some glitching in certain areas or situations. Upon final testing I found it was 95% consistent in glitching in a certain area.

So installed the FASST and back out I went. With the FASST , it never glitched once in that exact same area. Not only that not one glitch at all. Where the spektrum would have had 20-30 glitches in the same amount of time. It performs better , its faster and no glitching what so ever in an area that was very prone to glitch up my spektrum. To where it was unusable. In fact in testing in two diffrent areas where I could get glitch to show up , it was perfectly fine. I felt free to just race and focus on the car and not anything else and thats the key. Zero glitching. Now on spektrum I had zero glitching or so it seemed. Every blue moon I would get something odd on the track I couldnt explain. But all of a sudden I was getting quite a bit of glitching from it.

Back to the FASST , the Fail safe when on hrs mode is set via the radio once. You set it and forget it. It was perfect and would throw in the brake as I set it each time when powering down the radio at speed.

Iam very happy to have switched and will be using this setup exclusively from now on. Sad to see it happen , I thought spektrum was great when it first came out. But all at once it showed me it just wasnt right yet. In fact it caused a wreck in my truck even that was using a seperate reciever and possibly one with my on-road. So with that going on I decided to try FASST and lo and behold its running without a glitch in bad locations. As well its faster.

Very happy with the results and hope to see spektrum coming out with something that might get them back in the game. Glad at least to have used spektrum when it was on top of its game but after this its pretty apparent to me that its just not 100% secure and well Id rather use FM over spektrum if thats the case. Not to mention the faster response from the car which did make me feel like the car was just plain better to drive. I think anyone can that not only a sluggish , but truly time delayed reaction in a car is probably not a good thing.

Do a back to back test and see for yourself if your not so sure. Its certainly noticable as far as speed and the perfect no-glitch running just puts your mind at ease. Now to race it at the track coming up soon in 2 weeks. Should be fun to see if I can notice any difference there.

I've only had glitching problems with my Spektrum when my receive had corrosion on the pins where servos connect. other than that I've never had a glitch on the track while driving. I did once have a problem finding a clear channel but that only lasted for about 5 seconds. The only other glitching problems I've seen with Spektrum is on my bench I have a flouresant lamp above my bench which causes my servos to move somewhat jittery. Once I move about 10ft away from the lamps everthing is fine. So don't run spektrum under a flouresant lamp.
lil-bump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007, 01:02 PM   #72
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I've had the 3Pm with the FASST system for about 2 months, and its a dream. No glitching at all, on 2 cars.

This technology, FASST or Spectrum is the best thing to happen to RC racing in a while. I love it.
nitrodude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2007, 08:53 PM   #73
Tech Adept

So here it is, I'am running two KO-PROPO 2344 digital servos with the Futaba 3PKS + FASST system. problem is, the radio says in P-MODE that its PPM. I can shift the thing to HRS but cannot select it. How do I select HRS mode?

Also, do any of you guys feel the lag when you drive your car far away? There's a slight latency for the FASST system when the track is big and u have your car at the far end of the track. Or is it because I came from FM all these years and thus this new 2.4ghz system needs me getting used to?
razer123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 09:49 PM   #74
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via Yahoo to redsand

Quote:
Originally Posted by razer123 View Post
So here it is, I'am running two KO-PROPO 2344 digital servos with the Futaba 3PKS + FASST system. problem is, the radio says in P-MODE that its PPM. I can shift the thing to HRS but cannot select it. How do I select HRS mode?
Have you read the manual ? It should cover anything.
redsand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 12:11 AM   #75
Tech Addict

Send a message via MSN to RevMaxx

i have no experience in 2.4Ghz Tx-Rx yet, planning to upgrade though. am using JR XS3 and pretty much satisfied with it except for the "frequency checks" at the local track.
what do you guys think of this as an upgrade: http://www.spektrumrc.com/Products/D...ProdID=SPM3100

has the DSM2 version from spectrum answered its shortcomings on the first version DSM?
RevMaxx is offline   Reply With Quote