R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 03-12-2007, 02:17 PM   #46
Tech Regular

Arrow Price being higher?

I have to disagree with price being higher on the FAAST system. My LHS actually has the 3PK Spetrum Pro for a higher price than the FAAST ($156.99 vs $184.95). I think it really depends on where you buy it from. I have to agree that the Futaba system is probably more stable and reliable but from what I have seen from the Spektrum Pro systems it does not appear to be having many issues if any at all.

BH
Bounty Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 06:39 PM   #47
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 63 (100%+)
Default FASST vs. SPEKTRUM

WELL I GUESS I GOT A LITTLE SIDE TRACKED A.I. LOL !

I HAVE YET TO TRY THE FASST SO I AM IN NO POSITION TO COMPARE, UNLIKE YOU WHO WILL BE SHORTLY. SO I WILL STAY TUNED TO HEAR YOUR RESULTS

AS FAR AS MODIFYING THE CASE, I BOUGHT MY 3PK USED SO THE Tx COVER HAD ALREADY BEEN CUT TO FIT AND THE GUY THAT DONE MUST HAVE BEEN A DREMEL MASTER. EVERYTHING SLIDES ON PERFECT. AND I PERSONALLY DIDN'T HAVE A ISSUE WHEN INSTALLING THE Tx BUT THAT IS JUST IN MY CASE. CAN'T SPEAK FOR EVERYONE ELSE.

AND LIKE BOUNTY HUNTER SAID, EVERY LHS IS DIFFERENT. I HAVE SEEN OUTRAGEOUS PRICES AT HT USA AND CAN'T UNDERSTAND HOW THEY EVEN SELL 3PK'S AND SPEKTRUM SYSTEMS WITH THE ONLINE AVAILABILITY OF TODAY BUT YET , THEY DO. I GUESS IF I DUG HARD ENOUGH I COULD FIND A DEAL ON A FASST SYSTEM AND 5 Rx'S BUT WITH LOCAL TRACKS STARTING AND ENDING AS OFTEN AS THEY DO, AND JUST THE OVERALL INSTABILITY OF MY LOCAL TRACK, I WOULD RATHER HAVE A BETTER KNOWN SYSTEM. AT LEAST UNTIL FUTABA BUST SPEKTRUMS AZZ AND THE PRICE DROPS AND THEN I MIGHT DRIFT ON OVER.

GOOD SUBJECT TO COMPARE ENDLESSLY THOUGH, LOL LOL !!

THANKS, A.I. WILL BE WAITING TO HEAR THE RESULTS.

MARCEL
FUJIMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 07:03 PM   #48

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Artificial-I

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bounty Hunter
I have to disagree with price being higher on the FAAST system. My LHS actually has the 3PK Spetrum Pro for a higher price than the FAAST ($156.99 vs $184.95). I think it really depends on where you buy it from. I have to agree that the Futaba system is probably more stable and reliable but from what I have seen from the Spektrum Pro systems it does not appear to be having many issues if any at all.

BH
Your right it can be found for less. But It seems for spare RX , the futabas cost more than the spektrums. So in his case of 5 its probably not. So its like the tx module is less , but then the rx by itself is more.

Either way its worth a try and yeah it might not win you a trophy , but it should present a better drive more live drive.

As for futaba dropping in price , lets hope so. Allthough theyve been known to cost more either way. Once invested , thats all you need. So its not like its going to cost more over time. Just once and when you sell out , itll probably fetch a good price.
Artificial-I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 08:21 PM   #49
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 63 (100%+)
Default PRICEY STUFF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artificial-I
Your right it can be found for less. But It seems for spare RX , the futabas cost more than the spektrums. So in his case of 5 its probably not. So its like the tx module is less , but then the rx by itself is more.

Either way its worth a try and yeah it might not win you a trophy , but it should present a better drive more live drive.

As for futaba dropping in price , lets hope so. Allthough theyve been known to cost more either way. Once invested , thats all you need. So its not like its going to cost more over time. Just once and when you sell out , itll probably fetch a good price.
YEAH, I NOTICED THAT TOO. THE FASST SYSTEM WASN'T BAD PRICED BUT THEN WHEN YOU TACK ON 4 MORE Rx'S AT LIKE $90 , OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT, WHEN I CAN GET HRS SPEKTRUM Rx'S FOR $75 BRAND NEW ALL DAY LONG. JUST ADDS UP. BUT IF IT'S WORTH THE OVERALL INVESTMENT THEN IT MIGHT JUST BE WORTH INVESTING INTO.
FUJIMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 10:36 PM   #50
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bounty Hunter
...From my understanding this only has to occur if you are not using an HRS receiver. Kind of a pain in the ass if you ask me.

BH
i belive that is correct as well.
nitrothugg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 02:09 AM   #51
Tech Addict

Send a message via MSN to RevMaxx

will futaba sell them as modules or will they have complete TX set similar to DS3.0 of DSM?

http://www.spektrumrc.com/Products/D...rodID=SPM20300
RevMaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 07:47 AM   #52
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Interesting thread. Let's clear some things up though.

You don't need a different RX to use either FM or HRS with the Futaba unit. You simply switch it in the TX like you would if using crystals. Why would you not run HRS all the time you ask? What if you're running low bite, (offroad, slick indoor gym, etc.) and don't want instant steering response. This will "smooth" the car out and make it feel less twitchy. This is easier than turning down the response until you find a rate that feels right.

Latency, well, it makes for good marketing doesn't it? I have tested this system for a year before it was released. I also ran Spektrum equipment for comparison. Everyone's equipment is fast, faster than the human eye can blink even at when set to the slowest rates. Can you feel it on the track, some can, some can't. I noticed a difference running HRS on carpet, about the only place where it would be a distinct advantage.

The real advantage to the Futaba unit is that you don't need to have different equipment to run in different modes. Sorry for the long post, just wanted to correct some things I saw on here.

Socko
Rick Vessell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 08:28 AM   #53
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

JonnySocko,

Great post. Very helpful. Thank you.
jon123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 08:32 AM   #54

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Artificial-I

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnySocko

The real advantage to the Futaba unit is that you don't need to have different equipment to run in different modes.
Socko
Good point and yet another reason for me to stick with all futaba. I already started selling my spektrum gear and futaba fm gear on sunday on ebay. So im already pretty much all go.
Artificial-I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 09:32 AM   #55
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dredd
It looks to me like Futaba made it hard for Spektrum to make everything all in one with their HRS.

Anyway, I like the Helios and the Spektrum Pro works fine. I guess faster can be better, but I doubt very highly I'd notice.
man that was good send that in a email to spectrum and futaba.
LORD SHADO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 09:38 AM   #56
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUJIMO
YEAH, I NOTICED THAT TOO. THE FASST SYSTEM WASN'T BAD PRICED BUT THEN WHEN YOU TACK ON 4 MORE Rx'S AT LIKE $90 , OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT, WHEN I CAN GET HRS SPEKTRUM Rx'S FOR $75 BRAND NEW ALL DAY LONG. JUST ADDS UP. BUT IF IT'S WORTH THE OVERALL INVESTMENT THEN IT MIGHT JUST BE WORTH INVESTING INTO.
if i run a r/c worth 1000.00 bucks you cant put a price on that radio security.
i dont want a 12 pound car going out of contral at full speed. have you ever been smack in the face with a off road car.
Old 03-27-2007, 05:58 AM   #57
Tech Adept

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LZ2508&P=K

SYSTEM 409.00
20 DICOUNT FROM TOWER
Old 03-27-2007, 06:12 AM   #58
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

http://www.brucknerhobbies.com/

Has it for $375
jelayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 10:14 PM   #59
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by jelayne
can we get any lower
Old 03-30-2007, 04:45 PM   #60
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by LORD SHADO
can we get any lower

Yeah, call Ritchie at brooklynhobbies.com. I got the complete setup for $25.00 cheaper than the listed above. Tell him Doug from SF told you about it, he'll hook you up.
wario69 is offline   Reply With Quote