R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 03-07-2007, 04:54 PM   #1
Tech Apprentice

Default kawahara engine brace

I'm having a hard time locating a kawahara engine brace for the mtx-4. I would've gone with the alloy skyline one but read reviews that they work well until you crash (bend it) and the gearing gets mis-aligned -- as a result, the gears start to strip. I need something more forgiving that the alloy brace with the way I drive.

-- wario
wario69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 08:43 AM   #2
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

If someone is crashing hard enough to bend that (no matter which manufacturer) and bend the chassis, stripping gears will be the least of their problems. Wow.

MINO Racing
JetMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 10:00 AM   #3
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetMD
If someone is crashing hard enough to bend that (no matter which manufacturer) and bend the chassis, stripping gears will be the least of their problems. Wow.
You haven't seen me drive. Lol!

-- Wario
Old 03-08-2007, 10:59 AM   #4

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Artificial-I

Im in the same boat , looking for the same piece. If anyone knows where they have this part in stock , let me know. rcmodel is out of stock even though they show on the website.
Artificial-I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 11:54 AM   #5
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artificial-I
Im in the same boat , looking for the same piece. If anyone knows where they have this part in stock , let me know. rcmodel is out of stock even though they show on the website.
I might take a chance at the skyline one but I'm worrying about the chassis bending?

-- Wario
Old 03-08-2007, 05:09 PM   #6
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by wario69
I might take a chance at the skyline one but I'm worrying about the chassis bending?

-- Wario
I did a lot of digging and calling and what I found out is that RCNITRONATION.COM carry a full line of Kawahara products. Check out their foam tires (I think they are one of the best). They are located in Irvine California. They only list a few kawahara items on their site so you need to call them to ask for the item. They have the hard to find kawahara alloy 1 piece engine mount and the graphite side brace in stock.

-- Wario
Old 03-08-2007, 06:10 PM   #7
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by wario69
I did a lot of digging and calling and what I found out is that RCNITRONATION.COM carry a full line of Kawahara products. Check out their foam tires (I think they are one of the best). They are located in Irvine California. They only list a few kawahara items on their site so you need to call them to ask for the item. They have the hard to find kawahara alloy 1 piece engine mount and the graphite side brace in stock.

-- Wario
Can somebody confirm that this piece

http://shopping.rcmodel.hk/product_info.php?manufacturers_id=20&products_id=7 215

is used for the same purpose as skyline's engine brace?

http://www.brooklynhobbies.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=1683

I want to make sure before I buy.

-- Wario
Old 03-08-2007, 06:13 PM   #8

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Artificial-I

Yes both parts are the engine brace.
Artificial-I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 06:33 PM   #9
Tech Apprentice

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artificial-I
Yes both parts are the engine brace.
Cool, thanks! So if anybody wants it, call rcnitronation and ask for it. To make it easier on that guy, take note on the part #k-877. The guy that helped me had to look it up, but he had them in. I also bought the IS 250 body.

-- Wario
Old 03-09-2007, 07:53 AM   #10
Tech Master

I hate to say anything bad about Brooklyn Hobbies because they are the best but, that piece they are selling that you showed does look flimsy. I can understand how someone could bend that since it is hollow in the middle. The one I got from 3racing is very solid and I just can't imagine anyone bending that one.

MINO Racing
Old 03-09-2007, 04:20 PM   #11
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
I hate to say anything bad about Brooklyn Hobbies because they are the best but, that piece they are selling that you showed does look flimsy. I can understand how someone could bend that since it is hollow in the middle. The one I got from 3racing is very solid and I just can't imagine anyone bending that one.
??? They didn't sell me any piece. I opted for the graphite one from kawahara (@nitrohouse) rather than the alloy skyline one from brooklynhobbies. Yes alloy is stiffer than the graphite but I wanted something that will hold but will have the chance to flex back when hit. Have you seen how alloy parts hold up if you hit or side-swipe something? I made the mistake of getting alloy arms for my NTC3 once -- big mistake. I've decided that any outer parts for my cars should be stock (usually plastic) or graphite. They are lighter and I don't need any impact I get transferred to the parts in the center of the chassis where it is harder to fix. Plus they are cheaper also.

-- Wario
Old 03-09-2007, 04:40 PM   #12
Tech Master

I didn't say that they sold it to you. I said that I was surprised that they are selling a flimsy piece like that.

MINO Racing
Old 03-09-2007, 04:43 PM   #13
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
I didn't say that they sold it to you. I said that I was surprised that they are selling a flimsy piece like that.

Which one are you refering to -- skyline's alloy one or the the graphite kawahara one?

-- Wario