Great Lakes Challenge - Toledo 2007

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2007, 06:08 AM
Tech Addict

Two more photos of Josh's car...

Old 08-06-2007, 08:15 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Now that I am sitting here at work wishing that last week hadn't ended I want to thank my fellow club members and anyone else that helped with this race! I know many did more than I did since I was thrashing on my car. I especially want to thank the guys that VOLENTEERED to do tech. I hope they didn’t get yelled at too bad for enforcing the few rules that were being check (I think there were four for sedan), but I’m sure there were some racers that got upset. I also wanted to thank Roger and Ted (who is at the track today cleaning up the mess) because they do so much for this race and the club. I wanted to thank Josh and Angel for having such a stocked and cold store for all of the parts I needed, it felt good to go into the store when it was 97 outside and about 30 in the store………….. Lastly I want to thank everyone that helped me with my car, Josh, Andy (even if I couldn’t hear him), Kropy, Dave, Jerry, Coop, etc. etc. It made this race one to remember even if we didn’t get to run the mains.
Old 08-06-2007, 08:17 AM
Tech Fanatic

Oh yeah, the new JACO rims on Josh's car are very cool!!
Old 08-06-2007, 08:37 AM
Tech Regular

WOW. Coming back to work after a fun event like the GLC, sucks. This years GLC was a blast. The One Eighth Racers of Toledo club did an outstanding job on getting the facility in top notch form. The added some more fencing at the end of the straight to protect the guys pitting at the end of the straight, they covered the driverstand (it was at least 10-15 degrees cooler than everywhere else), tech support was awesome (thanks to all of you that helped in tech), and the awards were by far the best awards I have ever seen at an RC car race (it blows away any World Championship or National awards I've ever seen).

Josh and Angel...... Excellent display of parts and support with the CEFX hobby shop! If you couldn't find it there, you would not find it anywhere. They had just about everything you could ask for, including air conditioning.

A big thanks goes out to Ted Hammer and Roger E Williams for hosting an outstanding event. The event went very smooth, no flaws whatsoever and scoring ran cleanly.

Congrats to all the class winners: Josh Cyrul, Eli Ezrow, and Ralph Burch

I would like to thank all those that helped me in the pits even though I had my full share of misforuntes this weekend: Paul C, Jim H, Joby, Joby's dad, Mike P, my dad , and all my sponsors.

Even though the mains were rained out, the event was world-class. Its about time that Toledo gets awarded a ROAR Nationals for 1/8th!!!!!!
Old 08-06-2007, 09:44 AM
Tech Regular

I would also like to add to what Brian said above..........this race was really a blast, even though we had some pretty hot, muggy days and of course the rained out mains on Sunday. Tech went very smoothly....thanks to Rick Davis for supplying the accurate "metal" tech box for the Touring class. It sure kept everybody in line with there cars passing tech, and for all the help from club members who ran Tech. Also, a special thanks to Brian Young in scoring for another flawless job.
I would also like to give a special thanks from all of our team members who helped me out....Mike Pulfer ( great clutch and Engine tuning), Joby, Joby's Dad, Paul C., Jim H.,and my Son Brian. Together, we all had a great time helping each other out.
Thanks to Josh and Angel for the "air conditioned " hobby shop support, and to Ted and Roger and all the club members for running this event smoothly again.
Congrats to the class winners, Josh, Eli and Ralph.
Looking forward to getting together with everyone and doing this next year.
Old 08-06-2007, 10:51 AM
Tech Addict

Congrats, Josh, Eli, and Mr. Ralph Burch! Its a Texas thing! lol!
And to Paolo, sounded like he was on rails with the 960!

Last edited by J-MAN; 08-06-2007 at 10:53 AM. Reason: forgot something
Old 08-06-2007, 11:10 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Thanks everyone for the props. Wish we could have ran the mains. It would have been some awesome racing.

Special THANKS goes out to the Toledo Club, all the sponsors of this race for some awesome prizes, (I didn't win a darn thing!) the Tech people, Josh Cyrul and his dad for helping me out. JR (Horizon) for Spectrum and electronic support. Tommy Porforio for some awesome pitting and fuel (Rocket Science). Uriah Murnan for excellent engine support. Kyosho for an awesome car. John's BSR tires. Protoform race bodies. Empire racing products. Aaron Buran for a great set-up. And of course all my friends for their great support too. Looking forward to next year already.
Old 08-06-2007, 01:23 PM
Tech Apprentice

Nice Job Eli ! See you on Sunday.
Old 08-06-2007, 03:49 PM
Tech Regular

It's tough to get back into work when all I can think about is how much I wanted to run the mains!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I didn't get to defend the Outlaw title this year, but I sure had fun working my butt off all week to get into the Sedan main. Thanks to all who make racing fun again!...... Stosh, Jerry "30%" Cyrul, Coop, McSquish, and many others....... also Kyosho, Jaco, and CEFX.

Mr. Flack, I have your Ez-up wall. I'll bring it to the next race or if you need it sooner I'll make sure I get it to you. I'm sure I speak for Atomic also when I say thanks.

Now I just need to get Drew's Forest Gump impression out of my head.
Old 08-06-2007, 05:20 PM
Tech Adept

Default Drew

I hear that Baby Drew is the next Super wrench!

Last edited by MBlackketter; 08-07-2007 at 04:43 AM.
Old 08-06-2007, 07:19 PM
Tech Fanatic

Thanks Andy, I thought I had it out of my head...........
Old 08-06-2007, 07:31 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mcsquish
Thanks Andy, I thought I had it out of my head...........
WOW.........I'm surprised you have anything up there at all........LOL
Old 08-06-2007, 07:59 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Kropy
WOW.........I'm surprised you have anything up there at all........LOL
Hey! You don't have time to be cracking jokes on me..... you need to get started on Scott's body for next years GLC so he might have it before the mains.
Old 08-06-2007, 08:01 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Andy who?
Hey! You don't have time to be cracking jokes on me..... you need to get started on Scott's body for next years GLC so he might have it before the mains.
Old 08-06-2007, 09:33 PM
Tech Fanatic

WOW!!! What a race!

Even though it was rained out and we missed out on what was sure to be some VERY INTENSE mains, it was good none the less. I would like to thank Roger E. Williams, the incredible Ted Hammer and the whole Toledo Club for a great event. I would also like to thank all the drivers supporting tornado products. The list is getting longer with every race!!!

Special thanks to Bert Kosuwin, Sherry & Scott Kimbrow, T-BODZ, Rick Davis, Terry Brown, Renato Dias, Greg Hill, Melisa & Mike Blackstock, Ted Hammer, Mike Myers, John Schuster (EFFING HYSTERICAL) Angel & Josh Cyrul, The whole Kyosho Team, Paolo Morganti, Chris Whitney and the 301 Crew!

Congrats to all who attended, Thanks all for a great time.

Hope to see you all @ The I95 Showdown September 15 & 16 @ 301 Raceway

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.