R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 03-04-2007, 08:15 AM   #1
Tech Adept

Default Check out this track and video!

Check this track out and video, this gives you a great idea of how a r/c race can be televised commentators, interviews very professional, and on screen lap info.

http://www.cwhits.com/video.html
Wayne1one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 08:31 AM   #2
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to fritzD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne1one
Check this track out and video, this gives you a great idea of how a r/c race can be televised commentators, interviews very professional, and on screen lap info.

very very nice!!!
fritzD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 09:59 AM   #3
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Track/Racing video

That was a hell of an advertisment. The opening statements ... 5000 RC racing clubs, and the quantity of racers in the US and worldwide. The first coverage of any nitro race on a television network channel is going to spur lots of interest.
Everytime I describe this hobby to people they are amazed, and most have never heard of RC racing at this level let alone established race tracks.

Does 301 raceway have spectator stands yet, ... VIP seats??
Old 03-04-2007, 10:53 AM   #4
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CurveTracer
That was a hell of an advertisment. The opening statements ... 5000 RC racing clubs, and the quantity of racers in the US and worldwide. The first coverage of any nitro race on a television network channel is going to spur lots of interest.
Everytime I describe this hobby to people they are amazed, and most have never heard of RC racing at this level let alone established race tracks.

I would hope that interest in this hobby continues to increase and brings it to new levels. CurveTracer I also get about the same responce from people whom I describe our hobby to. Most people when you say "RC" think of visions of Radio Shack or Walmart toys. Often times when you put out numbers like 1.5 hp and 60 or 70 mph people usually say "Oh really", but then think to themselves, "Yea sure buddy".
RC Planes
Real Car: 2003 Corvette C5 Z06 Millenium yellow
BIGTACO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 11:09 AM   #5
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by CurveTracer

I was out there yesterday and did not see any, but that does not mean its not in the works either.
Old 03-04-2007, 12:29 PM   #6
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Very nice.
Old 03-04-2007, 01:02 PM   #7
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

This is just a premier of what is to come we know what the potential of RC is and we all know that the effects can be devastating. It is an awesome sport in my opinion one of the greatest out. The venues that we have are large but very much so under appreciated and overlooked by far. We meaning the RC community have an obligation to devote time to our local tracks that will not only bring them to the light of the televised arena but to ensure their ultimate survival.

I have spoken with Swauger, Cyrul, Tossolini, Burch and many others to bring to the tracks what they deserve but we all must control and command as well as demand a certain amount of respect and must have a standard of accountability in order to allow this sport to rise and shine like the great flame that we all know that it is. A strict drivers code of conduct and participation and respect can and will take us a long way. At this present time I only wish to learn to advance not only my track but carry myself in a manner that is deserving and respectable at all tracks. This 2007 season can be a great one for the U.S. racing scene if WE only let it be by carrying ourselves in a manner so deserving then and only then will we shine and be forced to endure in the forefront and showcased. It is a blessing and a fortune to have these tracks to go to and be able to race.

"Failure Is Not An Option"
kcrunchone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 01:42 PM   #8
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 39 (98%+)
Send a message via ICQ to surreal Send a message via AIM to surreal

lol at the drviers comments...

'He drivin' that Mugen crap... it's SLOW'
surreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 02:40 PM   #9
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Send a message via MSN to Pooh2

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcrunchone
This is just a premier of what is to come we know what the potential of RC is and we all know that the effects can be devastating. It is an awesome sport in my opinion one of the greatest out. The venues that we have are large but very much so under appreciated and overlooked by far. We meaning the RC community have an obligation to devote time to our local tracks that will not only bring them to the light of the televised arena but to ensure their ultimate survival.

I have spoken with Swauger, Cyrul, Tossolini, Burch and many others to bring to the tracks what they deserve but we all must control and command as well as demand a certain amount of respect and must have a standard of accountability in order to allow this sport to rise and shine like the great flame that we all know that it is. A strict drivers code of conduct and participation and respect can and will take us a long way. At this present time I only wish to learn to advance not only my track but carry myself in a manner that is deserving and respectable at all tracks. This 2007 season can be a great one for the U.S. racing scene if WE only let it be by carrying ourselves in a manner so deserving then and only then will we shine and be forced to endure in the forefront and showcased. It is a blessing and a fortune to have these tracks to go to and be able to race.
Rick, u my dawg and all but when I read ur post I feel like I'm reading the Bible or something.

"Since the Bible and the church are obviously mistaken in telling us where we came from, how can we trust them to tell us where we are going"?
Pooh2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 02:51 PM   #10
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

That was my red and white car. It glitched in that same spot three time all season and one of them was on film, that is my luck.
THE DOCTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 02:53 PM   #11
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

"It is a blessing and a fortune to have these tracks to go to and be able to race."

AMEN
THE DOCTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 03:24 PM   #12
Tech Adept

awesome video. i hope i can get a chance to make it down there this summer. CurveTracer
nitrothugg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 04:49 PM   #13
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (93%+)
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcrunchone

Well said & Great point.
Old 03-04-2007, 11:23 PM   #14
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne1one

Check this video out. This is the sickest drifting action I've seen om RC. Dude can drift!

-Wario
wario69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 06:13 AM   #15
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by wario69
Check this video out. This is the sickest drifting action I've seen om RC. Dude can drift!

-Wario
I am officially lost