R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-04-2007, 08:15 AM   #1
Tech Adept
 
Wayne1one's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Bowie, MD
Posts: 239
Default Check out this track and video!

Check this track out and video, this gives you a great idea of how a r/c race can be televised commentators, interviews very professional, and on screen lap info.

http://www.cwhits.com/video.html
Wayne1one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 08:31 AM   #2
Tech Master
 
fritzD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Cebu City, Philippines
Posts: 1,136
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to fritzD
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne1one
Check this track out and video, this gives you a great idea of how a r/c race can be televised commentators, interviews very professional, and on screen lap info.

http://www.cwhits.com/video.html
very very nice!!!
fritzD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 09:59 AM   #3
Tech Addict
 
CurveTracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Suburban Chicago
Posts: 504
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Track/Racing video

That was a hell of an advertisment. The opening statements ... 5000 RC racing clubs, and the quantity of racers in the US and worldwide. The first coverage of any nitro race on a television network channel is going to spur lots of interest.
Everytime I describe this hobby to people they are amazed, and most have never heard of RC racing at this level let alone established race tracks.

Does 301 raceway have spectator stands yet, ... VIP seats??
__________________
"Yellow Jacket" Mugen MTX-6, Picco Torque
TeamNITRO RC Club, Lynwood, Illinois
CurveTracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 10:53 AM   #4
Tech Addict
 
BIGTACO's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 520
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CurveTracer
That was a hell of an advertisment. The opening statements ... 5000 RC racing clubs, and the quantity of racers in the US and worldwide. The first coverage of any nitro race on a television network channel is going to spur lots of interest.
Everytime I describe this hobby to people they are amazed, and most have never heard of RC racing at this level let alone established race tracks.

Does 301 raceway have spectator stands yet, ... VIP seats??

I would hope that interest in this hobby continues to increase and brings it to new levels. CurveTracer I also get about the same responce from people whom I describe our hobby to. Most people when you say "RC" think of visions of Radio Shack or Walmart toys. Often times when you put out numbers like 1.5 hp and 60 or 70 mph people usually say "Oh really", but then think to themselves, "Yea sure buddy".
__________________
RC's: MUGEN MBX5-T Prospec w/Ninja .28!
MUGEN MRX4X w/ Novarossi 321P Tuned
Trex 450 V2
RC Planes
Real Car: 2003 Corvette C5 Z06 Millenium yellow
BIGTACO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 11:09 AM   #5
Tech Adept
 
Wayne1one's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Bowie, MD
Posts: 239
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CurveTracer
That was a hell of an advertisment. The opening statements ... 5000 RC racing clubs, and the quantity of racers in the US and worldwide. The first coverage of any nitro race on a television network channel is going to spur lots of interest.
Everytime I describe this hobby to people they are amazed, and most have never heard of RC racing at this level let alone established race tracks.

Does 301 raceway have spectator stands yet, ... VIP seats??
I was out there yesterday and did not see any, but that does not mean its not in the works either.
Wayne1one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 12:29 PM   #6
Tech Elite
 
Roger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 2,312
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

Very nice.
__________________
http://nitrokb.netne.net/profiles/RogerSerafin.html
Roger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 01:02 PM   #7
Tech Addict
 
kcrunchone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: WWW.MAXAMPS.COM
Posts: 527
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

This is just a premier of what is to come we know what the potential of RC is and we all know that the effects can be devastating. It is an awesome sport in my opinion one of the greatest out. The venues that we have are large but very much so under appreciated and overlooked by far. We meaning the RC community have an obligation to devote time to our local tracks that will not only bring them to the light of the televised arena but to ensure their ultimate survival.

I have spoken with Swauger, Cyrul, Tossolini, Burch and many others to bring to the tracks what they deserve but we all must control and command as well as demand a certain amount of respect and must have a standard of accountability in order to allow this sport to rise and shine like the great flame that we all know that it is. A strict drivers code of conduct and participation and respect can and will take us a long way. At this present time I only wish to learn to advance not only my track but carry myself in a manner that is deserving and respectable at all tracks. This 2007 season can be a great one for the U.S. racing scene if WE only let it be by carrying ourselves in a manner so deserving then and only then will we shine and be forced to endure in the forefront and showcased. It is a blessing and a fortune to have these tracks to go to and be able to race.
__________________
Rick Hill

"Failure Is Not An Option"
kcrunchone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 01:42 PM   #8
Tech Master
 
surreal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: The finest groomed parking lots... LI, NY
Posts: 1,084
Trader Rating: 39 (98%+)
Send a message via ICQ to surreal Send a message via AIM to surreal
Default

lol at the drviers comments...

'He drivin' that Mugen crap... it's SLOW'
surreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 02:40 PM   #9
Tech Elite
 
Pooh2's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Somewhere here on Earth
Posts: 2,518
Send a message via MSN to Pooh2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcrunchone
This is just a premier of what is to come we know what the potential of RC is and we all know that the effects can be devastating. It is an awesome sport in my opinion one of the greatest out. The venues that we have are large but very much so under appreciated and overlooked by far. We meaning the RC community have an obligation to devote time to our local tracks that will not only bring them to the light of the televised arena but to ensure their ultimate survival.

I have spoken with Swauger, Cyrul, Tossolini, Burch and many others to bring to the tracks what they deserve but we all must control and command as well as demand a certain amount of respect and must have a standard of accountability in order to allow this sport to rise and shine like the great flame that we all know that it is. A strict drivers code of conduct and participation and respect can and will take us a long way. At this present time I only wish to learn to advance not only my track but carry myself in a manner that is deserving and respectable at all tracks. This 2007 season can be a great one for the U.S. racing scene if WE only let it be by carrying ourselves in a manner so deserving then and only then will we shine and be forced to endure in the forefront and showcased. It is a blessing and a fortune to have these tracks to go to and be able to race.
Rick, u my dawg and all but when I read ur post I feel like I'm reading the Bible or something.
__________________
MUGEN MRX5/CONTACT TIRES/DESOTO RACING/TEAM LOGIC


"Since the Bible and the church are obviously mistaken in telling us where we came from, how can we trust them to tell us where we are going"?
Pooh2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 02:51 PM   #10
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Harwood, MD
Posts: 2,526
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

That was my red and white car. It glitched in that same spot three time all season and one of them was on film, that is my luck.
THE DOCTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 02:53 PM   #11
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Harwood, MD
Posts: 2,526
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

"It is a blessing and a fortune to have these tracks to go to and be able to race."

AMEN
THE DOCTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 03:24 PM   #12
Tech Adept
 
nitrothugg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Chicago by way of NY
Posts: 195
Default

awesome video. i hope i can get a chance to make it down there this summer. CurveTracer
nitrothugg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 04:49 PM   #13
Tech Master
 
Ivan Dickson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Cali Love USA
Posts: 1,643
Trader Rating: 12 (93%+)
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcrunchone
This is just a premier of what is to come we know what the potential of RC is and we all know that the effects can be devastating. It is an awesome sport in my opinion one of the greatest out. The venues that we have are large but very much so under appreciated and overlooked by far. We meaning the RC community have an obligation to devote time to our local tracks that will not only bring them to the light of the televised arena but to ensure their ultimate survival.

I have spoken with Swauger, Cyrul, Tossolini, Burch and many others to bring to the tracks what they deserve but we all must control and command as well as demand a certain amount of respect and must have a standard of accountability in order to allow this sport to rise and shine like the great flame that we all know that it is. A strict drivers code of conduct and participation and respect can and will take us a long way. At this present time I only wish to learn to advance not only my track but carry myself in a manner that is deserving and respectable at all tracks. This 2007 season can be a great one for the U.S. racing scene if WE only let it be by carrying ourselves in a manner so deserving then and only then will we shine and be forced to endure in the forefront and showcased. It is a blessing and a fortune to have these tracks to go to and be able to race.
Well said & Great point.
__________________
SPECIAL THANKS TO ✦ MY WIFE ✦✦ MOTIV RC ✦✦ GRAVITY RC ✦✦ JGO PAINTZ ✦✦ TQ RC RACEWAY ✦✦ TAMIYA RACEWAY ✦
Ivan Dickson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 11:23 PM   #14
Tech Apprentice
 
wario69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 77
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne1one
Check this track out and video, this gives you a great idea of how a r/c race can be televised commentators, interviews very professional, and on screen lap info.

http://www.cwhits.com/video.html
Check this video out. This is the sickest drifting action I've seen om RC. Dude can drift!

-Wario
wario69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 06:13 AM   #15
Tech Adept
 
Wayne1one's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Bowie, MD
Posts: 239
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wario69
Check this video out. This is the sickest drifting action I've seen om RC. Dude can drift!

-Wario
I am officially lost
Wayne1one is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Check out this video! 4lo Web Links 0 08-26-2006 08:05 PM
Racing..Check out this Video Oasis Chat Lounge 1 05-26-2006 05:54 AM
Check out this onboard video Marcos.J Chat Lounge 1 06-27-2005 11:21 PM
Check out this video. nitrous36 Chat Lounge 13 07-22-2004 03:49 AM
Check out this new Game!! - Awesome Video splitn10 Australian Racing 0 07-14-2003 03:07 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 11:34 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net