R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 03-02-2007, 03:57 PM   #1
Tech Adept

Default Building R40 H edition Need help ..fast..

hey guys ,

i just got my r40 hara edition in today and started building but i came to a hault when i started the 2-speed, now heres the prob , ive looked thro all my parts for the past 45 mins and have came to the conclusion that HPI has supplied diff parts,- here the link-http://www.hpiracing.com/graphics/instr/r40/R40-P14o.jpg , i have the wrench thing but i dont have 87081-87084 has any one else ahd this problem , you pay almost $500 for a kit and you expect the best !
Hpimichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 04:16 PM   #2
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hpimichael
hey guys ,

i just got my r40 hara edition in today and started building but i came to a hault when i started the 2-speed, now heres the prob , ive looked thro all my parts for the past 45 mins and have came to the conclusion that HPI has supplied diff parts,- here the link-http://www.hpiracing.com/graphics/instr/r40/R40-P14o.jpg , i have the wrench thing but i dont have 87081-87084 has any one else ahd this problem , you pay almost $500 for a kit and you expect the best !

dude , for that price you should had bought a MUGEN MTX4 i'm pretty sure you weren't had this problem
turboxrayt1fk05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 05:06 PM   #3
Tech Adept

No this is effing BS the directions arent even correct , onbe the included direction for there old 2- speed tranny and not there new one , and that continues all the way through out the drive train process and the parts arent in the correct bags due to the new tranny they have included and the screws they put in there for the clutch one is black and the other is silver , the black on is a tad to big to fit int the houseing so that wont fit, im just soo over this car , HPI is normally very goopd with there kits but on this one they have effed up royaly !! i should have gotten the serpent 720 or 710 and wouldnt of had this prob!
Old 03-02-2007, 07:37 PM   #4
Tech Elite

Location: Mahwah, NJ.. USA!! ..... Home of http://www.fastharry.com
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via Skype™ to fastharry™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hpimichael
No this is effing BS the directions arent even correct , onbe the included direction for there old 2- speed tranny and not there new one , and that continues all the way through out the drive train process and the parts arent in the correct bags due to the new tranny they have included and the screws they put in there for the clutch one is black and the other is silver , the black on is a tad to big to fit int the houseing so that wont fit, im just soo over this car , HPI is normally very goopd with there kits but on this one they have effed up royaly !! i should have gotten the serpent 720 or 710 and wouldnt of had this prob!

hey Mike,post this in the r40 forum and we'll try to help...
fastharry™ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 07:40 PM   #5
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (93%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by turboxrayt1fk05
dude , for that price you should had bought a MUGEN MTX4 i'm pretty sure you weren't had this problem
OR A RRR WC
Old 03-02-2007, 09:08 PM   #6
Tech Adept

lol yea i coulda gotten the RRR i did get teh red dot engine as well ...lol
Old 03-02-2007, 09:50 PM   #7

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Artificial-I

Mugen mtx-4 = $339 at some of the shops out there. A sweet deal if you ask me. Especially since the once considered cheaper r40 is now the more exspensive of the kits.

Yeah the r40 directions were a little bad , especially with the hara edition because what was updated isnt in the manual , but it is now in a seperate manual that should have what you need explained.

The kit either way is pretty easy to build so its almost self explanitory if you know your way around a current nitro car.

Another gripe of the r40 kit was the bearings , they should be rubber sealed , those bearings litterally seem to suck in the dirt. As well the clutch on the car is the pits , but some seem to have good luck with it. I guess for high speed tracks the clutch works well but for a low speed tight track it just didnt engage right for me after lots and lots of work. Otherwise the kit is pretty good , pretty durable and affordable. Only drawbacks are local parts availability and aftermarket isnt huge and is dwindly away as we speak.

Just give the kit some space and yourself a breather. Get ahold of hpi on monday if an answer doesnt surface in the r40 forums. Customer service is pretty good.

Good luck. Happy building.
Artificial-I is offline   Reply With Quote