Wiki Posts
Search

new and have some issues....

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2007, 12:37 AM
Tech Rookie

Default new and have some issues....

howzit....
im dennis im from hawaii... i just bought a GT2 only paid 150 for it,,, gut needed cash i guess...

i just put a new airfilter and glow plug....

but it keeps dieing 1st tank was fine.. the by the 2nd tank of fuel it started dieing and its hard to start sometime... like ill prime it by holding the exhuast closed... but stiill a pain... is this normal?? how can i keep it form dieing...

also its stock as far as i know.. should i do anything to it or keep it the way it is,,, its it a good car or did i get ripped???

thanks in advance
Old 03-01-2007, 03:42 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Does it have a pull start engine or are you using a starter box to spin the engine over?

These engines don't like to restart if they are overheated. If it is running to hot of a engine temp then you will need to open up the high speed mixture needle where the fuel line is going into the carb about 1/4 to 1/2 of a turn.

Do you have a local hobby shop to go to? They will usually give you some good tips or go to you local track if possible. Hope this helps.
Old 03-01-2007, 12:57 PM
Tech Rookie

yes it is a pull start...
ill try that today....
and yeah the is a shop..l
Old 03-01-2007, 03:03 PM
Tech Rookie

ok yeah BAD advise... i locked up da motor... guy at the rc shop said never more then 1/8 turn t a time... so lookes like its tome to upgrade da motor
Old 03-01-2007, 04:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

If you open up the main needle a whole turn it would not damage the engine. The worst that would happen is you would get a rich mixture and the engine would not run but it would not hurt the engine. That person at the Hobby shop is not being truthful or they don't know what they are talking about. Did you turn the screw clockwise or counter clockwise?