R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 03-08-2007, 02:19 PM   #16
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Delgado
Werks Race Blend Fuel is now in stock at Warrick's. Please see Henry or yours truly at Warrick's .
I was just there yesterday and it wasn't in lol

Hey here's a question to throw out at you all. I run Byron's 20% now and have been thinking of going to 30%. I run a JP Racing Modded Mugen x12 motor and a novarossi #6 non turbo plug. What will I need to add/change if I was to switch to running Werks 30%? I know 30% gives more power but I've also heard that 30% blended fuel will wear out a piston & sleeve faster than just running 20% would. Is this true?
Old 03-08-2007, 06:37 PM   #17
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dredd
I was just there yesterday and it wasn't in lol

Hey here's a question to throw out at you all. I run Byron's 20% now and have been thinking of going to 30%. I run a JP Racing Modded Mugen x12 motor and a novarossi #6 non turbo plug. What will I need to add/change if I was to switch to running Werks 30%? I know 30% gives more power but I've also heard that 30% blended fuel will wear out a piston & sleeve faster than just running 20% would. Is this true?

add .1 shim to you head clearance to be safe at first...then you can start experimenting
Old 03-08-2007, 07:08 PM   #18
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert maestrey
add .1 shim to you head clearance to be safe at first...then you can start experimenting
ok I figured, but here's a stupid question...is there a specific shim for each engine?
Old 03-08-2007, 07:33 PM   #19
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dredd
ok I figured, but here's a stupid question...is there a specific shim for each engine?

It depends what brand engine your running picco are differnet sizes than nova rossi.. I think this is what your asking...if not than just add a shim..this will not damage motor if anything it will protect it from detonated and blowing plugs....hope this helps.
Old 03-08-2007, 07:51 PM   #20
Tech Addict

ok easy enough.
Old 03-08-2007, 10:19 PM   #21
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert maestrey
I havent noticed any significant wear like you mention.....the motor does have a dark tint to it after running several tanks, but this is due to the oil that is being used and does not cause any damage whatsoever..considering the races I have attended and the drivers i have raced along side using this fuel I would say someone is pulling your leg.
Ok ....thanks Robert. Is all I neaded to know.
I'm hoping to run the fuel soon.

Just a side point. Dealers who stock WERKS fuel near Davenport, Iowa. Anybody? Or will I have to pay for shipping?

Thanks
Menace
Old 03-09-2007, 07:43 AM   #22
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by British Menace
Ok ....thanks Robert. Is all I neaded to know.
I'm hoping to run the fuel soon.

Just a side point. Dealers who stock WERKS fuel near Davenport, Iowa. Anybody? Or will I have to pay for shipping?

Thanks
Menace
I would go on the www.werksracing.com to check for that....they have contact information..you can call and get any info you need regarding what dealers near your area...you can ask for Eric..hope this helps..
Old 03-09-2007, 08:27 AM   #23
Tech Addict

Robert M. let me try out this fuel one day and I must say that I was impressed. The engine does run a bit cooler compared to other brands which is a good thing. One thing though, the cost of $35 per gallon is a bit steep, but I guess u gotta pay for good things.
pelico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 10:39 PM   #24
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Here's the deal:

Management at Warricks was not sure about buying a large amount of fuel initially, concerned that it would not sell. Fuel is VERY expensive to ship from CA. to FL.-you have to send it by freight on a pallet (around $3 to $5 a gallon). So we had to start out small-2 cases of %30. This small amount meant having to ship it by UPS, which adds about $9 to the cost of each gallon. If the seven gallons that I have left sell relatively well , then we should hopefully be able to order a larger amount, bringing the price down considerably.
By the way, thank you Jason B. for being our first Werks R.B.F. customer.
Ed Delgado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 03:20 PM   #25
Tech Rookie

Default Werks Racing Blend at Next Level Hobbies In Daytona Beach, FL

We carry Werks Racing Blend 30%. Our price is $26.99 per gallon. We can ship the fuel but the pricing is expensive due to HazMat.
By the case it is $103.96 (4 gallons).

Shipping is about $45.00 for a case with Florida or Georgia and about $55.00 a case anywhere else in the lower US.

We can also offer delivery to any of the www.fsors.com races for a charge of $10.00 for a case (4 gallons).

You can reach us by email at [email protected] or call 386-951-4066.
NextLevelHobby is offline   Reply With Quote