R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 07-16-2007, 04:32 PM   #196
Tech Apprentice

Send a message via AIM to zobeida Send a message via MSN to zobeida Send a message via Yahoo to zobeida
Default Some pics

Main B - Sedan

Main A - Outlaw

Main A- 1/8 scale

Main A- Sedan

For more pics look here: http://www.hobbiespr.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15453
zobeida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 06:03 PM   #197
Tech Elite

Just got back home today and wanted to that all the people in Puerto Rico. Everyone at the track was really nice. The trip was difficult, but still had fun. Got to meet new people and put a face to a name from the forums. Racing was hot, but a good breeze on the ocean. Congrats to all the winners, there was some surprise finishes. Goes to show everyone that the races are not won in the first laps, but over the whole race. Congrats again.

Thanks to Guellermo, Geovanni and Ronnie for their help and to my sponsors for the support. Maxy's Fuel and Serpent-USA.

Till next time

DJ Apolaro
dj apolaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 07:20 PM   #198
Tech Regular

Hi Guys!!!!

I am pretty happy everything took a great shape at the end. All of us had a lot of fun. Thanks DJ for comming, Dennis (sorry I miss your call today, but was on a mitting), Roniel thanks for all the help with my 1/8.

Now to fix my cars, and like DJ said, now I put more faces to the nicks at the forum.

But of just in case, I am the one in the middle.

Edgar Millenium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 07:24 PM   #199
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (83%+)

Well guys just got back home today,it was another great experience once again and cant wait till next year,I TQ`d 1/8 and started the race in front and by the 25 minute mark i had a 10 lap lead on second place but i was really having problems with heat and sweat and at the 40 minute mark i some swaet in my eyes and broke the car and fortunate for me i had a big enough lead to finish 3rd,congrats to to Choto for his win and Emir for his second place finish.....

In the sedan race it was unfurtunate for Guillermo and Dj for their results,it could have an easy 1,2,3 finish but thats racing,Geovannie lead the entire race with 6 lap lead on second place but at the 55 minute mark the reciever pack died,he lost 8 laps but after the battery change he was able to recover and finished second and in the same lap as the winner....

Well i want to thank the PR guys,Eggie,Nelson and Carlito for a great event,Geovannie thank you my brother for all your hospitality and support,and to all the guys Junito,Andy,Javier,Juan and for who ever i missed thanks for the good times once again....

Special thanks to my sponsors Serpent USA,Maxy Racing Fuel

Roniel Regalado
Roniel_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 08:20 PM   #200
Tech Regular

Hey guys, just reached home and the whole familiy is missing PR already.

Thanks to all for a great time, hospility and support.

DJ is a really cool guy and is always willing to offer help. The support that serpent offers, seriously has me thinking twice about what I drive.

Havy, it was a pleasure pitting with you for angel. I think I will post that trick I came up with after all.

Edgar, no problem at all. I was just calling to say thanks for everything.

Thanks to all for support they offered in some way. These include, but not limited too:

Edgar - Many thanks!!!!
Nelson - I enjoyed it. Thanks
JC - Thanks man!
Guillermo - Congrats on the TQ. (Man you are fast)
Havy - Till we meet again my friend.
DJ - Hope to see you soon.
Angel - You did great!!!
Zobeida - Thanks for transalating.

I would also like to say special thanks to Sam @ Team Kamikaze for all the pre-trip help he offered.

I hope to see you all again soon.

P.S. Look out for my trick in another post.
V1-RRR-WC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 09:09 PM   #201

Send a message via MSN to junito yukiyu
Default Wow!!

Wow.. what a week end!! , first of all i would like to thank the guys that made it to the race , DJ thank you for your frienship and help.. you have a friend down here!! , Ronnie , Yegua!!! you know how we roll dawg!! see you soon .. Manny , you had some ruff times but there is always another day , don't give up bro' and of course , my boys , teamates and brothers , you all know there's nothing but love.. Juan Carlos , que jollita!! Javier.. you know you are my brother.. Yonsue , thanks for all the help , Andy.. brother.. congrats you deserve it!! , Geova , wow , we all know what you can do and Guillo congrats on your T.Q . I would like to thank my pit men Jose De La Rosa , you are the man! and last but not least my sponsors for giving me the opportunity of representing your products..

Mugen Seiki Racing
Maxy's Fuel
Murnan Modified Motors ( Plus 12 ct )
Javier Bodyworks ( can't get any better than this )
ET Hobby Distributor ( Edgar.. thank you )
p.s I hope you all liked the race and i'm looking foward to see you guys next year . Eddie , thanks for listening and cheering me!!
Puerto Rico lo hace mejor!!!

Last edited by junito yukiyu; 07-16-2007 at 09:13 PM. Reason: forgot something
junito yukiyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 04:50 AM   #202
Tech Regular

im proud this type of event is held in my country too bad i missed this one do to work issues congratulations to all the participants. i hope i can make it next year
Old 07-17-2007, 06:32 AM   #203
Tech Initiate

Wow what a weekend ,Congrats to all the winners Andy, Geova, And Junito you are the best guys, Geova was all the race in front, but his batery gone out in the finals 5 minutes, Geova Buy a new one... Thanks to all the visitor drivers who support this race .. Dj.. Roniel, *Te bebiste toda mi agua de la neverita* Thanks for the 960 alumi num part Gracias brow...V-one RRR... Thanks for your pit With my friend and brother Havy Ramos , who fix my second gear problems with my engine running all the time You did it great guys,,
And give my thanks again to Geova who find me a Rb r3 Murnan Modified who help me bump to the B main and take the 4 th place in the A with my RRR-evo.

Murnan you did a great job with your engines Thanks.

Maxy que paso sera pa la proxima pana ...

P.D. Sorry with my english....jejeje

Last edited by Angel Santiago; 07-17-2007 at 06:55 AM.
Angel Santiago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 01:50 PM   #204
Tech Rookie

Just wondering.
why nobody talk about how gonzalez get 6 laps over the second place, that happens when baez went to the pit for a tires change, and I guess the third place changes tires and a gear.
gonzalez weren’t 6 laps over for 55 minutes.
gonzalez risk a lot using the same tires for an hour, so sad he got battery problems.
Anyway no matter what happen, like Dom said in a famous movie:
"Ask any racer, any real racer.
It doesn't matter if you win by an inch or a mile; winning is winning".
rcgollum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 02:16 PM   #205
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by V1-RRR-WC View Post
Hey guys, just reached home and the whole familiy is missing PR already.

Thanks to all for a great time, hospility and support.

DJ is a really cool guy and is always willing to offer help. The support that serpent offers, seriously has me thinking twice about what I drive.

Havy, it was a pleasure pitting with you for angel. I think I will post that trick I came up with after all.

Edgar, no problem at all. I was just calling to say thanks for everything.

Thanks to all for support they offered in some way. These include, but not limited too:

Edgar - Many thanks!!!!
Nelson - I enjoyed it. Thanks
JC - Thanks man!
Guillermo - Congrats on the TQ. (Man you are fast)
Havy - Till we meet again my friend.
DJ - Hope to see you soon.
Angel - You did great!!!
Zobeida - Thanks for transalating.

I would also like to say special thanks to Sam @ Team Kamikaze for all the pre-trip help he offered.

I hope to see you all again soon.

P.S. Look out for my trick in another post.
Dennison,
You are welcome my friend, hope you have a good time.
Also Congratulations to all the winners,
Roniel next time wear a head band
Team Kamikaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 02:17 PM   #206
Tech Regular

Thats the thing about long races, strategy is everything. Most people were running the cars lean like in qualify, but for these races, you have to make sure the car cools so too lean is not good. And tire change has to be factored in, either that or driving style adjustment to conserve te tyres. If Angel would not have had 2 gear trouble, he might have gotten into the top three, he was only 4-5 laps off the pace before the 2nd gear probs. While most were pitting at 4:30-5:00min Angels motor was lasting 6:30, thanks mainly to to gearing and the RB motor.

Anyways, killer weekend of racing, really fun, thanks again to all who visited, it was a pleasure racing w/ you guys. Hope to see you all down here next year.

havy
havy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 07:27 PM   #207
Tech Adept

Send a message via MSN to JRGTR

it was my first latin american cup, what experience. I meet Roniel hope you like the local Beer Medalla "las rubias" great recer and great person. Dennison nice to meet you and very cool conversation about our engines hope to se you soon. Great experience and great people, congrats to my mentor Andy and my friend Geova exiting rece it was like the never ending rece
www.pitlanehobby.com
JRGTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 07:28 PM   #208
Tech Adept

Send a message via MSN to JRGTR

it was my first latin american cup, what experience. I meet Roniel hope you like the local Beer Medalla "las rubias" great recer and great person. Dennison nice to meet you and very cool conversation about our engines hope to se you soon. Great experience and great people, congrats to my mentor Andy and my friend Geova exiting rece it was like the never ending rece
www.pitlanehobby.com
JRGTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 09:37 PM   #209
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (83%+)

Quote:
Just wondering.
why nobody talk about how gonzalez get 6 laps over the second place, that happens when baez went to the pit for a tires change, and I guess the third place changes tires and a gear.
gonzalez weren’t 6 laps over for 55 minutes.
gonzalez risk a lot using the same tires for an hour, so sad he got battery problems.
Anyway no matter what happen, like Dom said in a famous movie:
"Ask any racer, any real racer.
It doesn't matter if you win by an inch or a mile; winning is winning".

rcgollum:

Seeing how this is your first post it seems to me you are here to talk smack,first i was Gonzale`s pitman and he had a 4 lap lead on Baez before he changed tires,also Gonzalez was coasting arround the track and i dont want to take noything away from Baez who i consider a freind and dont have to talk bad about him but if Gonzalez would have pushed the entire race i know the lead would have been more than 6 laps but its true racing is racing and there was only one winner wich was Baez who earned it....
Roniel_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 09:44 PM   #210
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to nigelnuggets

LOL!!!!!!

he quoted vin diesel in Fast and the Furious!